Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Guns Don't Kill People  (Read 6865 times)

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Guns Don't Kill People
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2016, 08:03:33 PM »

:-\
You know we all pick a nickname or "handle" that kinda describes who or what we are...........Some seem to be very accurate in describing just where the poster is coming from or happens to be...........Just sayin' ::)

jachd17

• Elite CVO Member
  • 1*
    • MA

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2016, 08:58:20 PM »

This is a joke? Appears to be political talk in violation of terms associated with this forum. Where's the moderator?
 :tekst-spam:

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 06:05:14 AM »

:)
DND

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2016, 08:53:50 AM »

Well, at least there is one topic that's more controversial than motor oil.

Btw, guns don't kill people by themselves (usually), but bad people with guns can kill a lot more people in a shorter period of time.  Effective regulations to keep guns out of the hands of known bad guys are a good thing in my opinion, but they are often derailed by hard liners who want no regulations of guns and gun ownership period.  At this point in our history, keeping guns out of the hands of the bad guys is pretty much impossible thanks to the efforts of those same hardliners.  There are more guns than people in this country if the estimates are correct, so bad guys can get them easily by just taking guns that already exist, avoiding all that background check stuff anyway.

My thought about reducing gun violence that is killing innocent bystanders in the cities involves having the gangbangers offered free marksmanship training, so when they shoot at a rival gang member they hit what they aimed at and not some innocent kid playing on his front porch.  If anyone wonders why they spray 20 rounds at a time, it's because they have no clue about handling firearms beyond what they see in the movies and video games.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2016, 11:07:05 AM »

OK just my .04 and hope it doesn't open the political can of worms here.
I agree with first post in that you could leave a weapon on a table and even as it rusts apart it will never hurt anyone. It is when humans come in contact it can be used then for good or evil.
The problem of passing more laws it it just gives the average law abiding person a false sense of security and makes a politician look like he is keeping the people safe. It is already against the law for a juvenile to possess a weapon, it's against the law to conceal a weapon without permit, it's illegal in most jurisdictions to discharge a weapon in city limits, and it's definitely against the law to shoot people in most cases.....I'm sure there may be specific codes on the books depending on circumstances but you get the idea, if a person chooses to break all those laws what good does passing one or two more laws do?
Setting up "gun free zones" is another concept that makes the law abiding person feel safe but if you think like a criminal it just tells the criminal where to go to find defenseless targets..
I feel we need to get back to basics with two parent families who instill a good sense of morals and respect for human life and property. Kids need to feel they are listened to and loved in the family so they don't seek "family" in gangs or develop a false sense of manhood in the video games,movies and TV where it's expected to kill someone to join a gang, get points to win or preserve your rep by killing someone because they "dissed" you or cut you off in traffic etc. Maybe the two parent families can help keep an eye on the kids and know what they are up to, who they are with? Remember the old days when not only did your parents know who you hung around with but also their parents? Maybe kids need more time working with people less fortunate then themselves to learn compassion and the importance of an education and a good job and not so much selfishness and greed?

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2016, 12:25:42 PM »

This is a joke? Appears to be political talk in violation of terms associated with this forum. Where's the moderator?

Agree this is a motorcycle forum.  Lets not go down this path especially with the political season in full swing. 
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2016, 01:07:57 PM »

Probably shouldn't talk about license plates either, then.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=105722.0;topicseen

::)

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2016, 05:00:06 PM »

OK just my .04 and hope it doesn't open the political can of worms here.
I agree with first post in that you could leave a weapon on a table and even as it rusts apart it will never hurt anyone. It is when humans come in contact it can be used then for good or evil.
The problem of passing more laws it it just gives the average law abiding person a false sense of security and makes a politician look like he is keeping the people safe. It is already against the law for a juvenile to possess a weapon, it's against the law to conceal a weapon without permit, it's illegal in most jurisdictions to discharge a weapon in city limits, and it's definitely against the law to shoot people in most cases.....I'm sure there may be specific codes on the books depending on circumstances but you get the idea, if a person chooses to break all those laws what good does passing one or two more laws do?
Setting up "gun free zones" is another concept that makes the law abiding person feel safe but if you think like a criminal it just tells the criminal where to go to find defenseless targets..
I feel we need to get back to basics with two parent families who instill a good sense of morals and respect for human life and property. Kids need to feel they are listened to and loved in the family so they don't seek "family" in gangs or develop a false sense of manhood in the video games,movies and TV where it's expected to kill someone to join a gang, get points to win or preserve your rep by killing someone because they "dissed" you or cut you off in traffic etc. Maybe the two parent families can help keep an eye on the kids and know what they are up to, who they are with? Remember the old days when not only did your parents know who you hung around with but also their parents? Maybe kids need more time working with people less fortunate then themselves to learn compassion and the importance of an education and a good job and not so much selfishness and greed?

Well  Said     :2vrolijk_21:     I  agree    ;)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2016, 07:04:14 PM »

Well  Said     :2vrolijk_21:     I  agree    ;)
Before this topic gets locked, just want to say that VaEagle is 100% spot on!!!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2016, 07:40:43 PM »

Before this topic gets locked, just want to say that VaEagle is 100% spot on!!!!
In before the lock!  :P

:vrolijk_11:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2016, 04:21:55 AM »

A thought for consideration:  Politicians who think guns should be outlawed should look at the history of the world and the U.S.

When the U.S. banned liquor, the amount of booze probably didn't decrease; it just went underground and led to a lot of related crime.  Illegal drugs are banned, and now the national industry for some countries is drug production, and some smuggle them into the U.S.  High taxes on tobacco in one state leads to smuggling from another state.

When something is banned, smugglers will fill the void, especially when there's money to be made.  In addition, if guns are outlawed, there won't be any background checks.

Va Eagle:  I agree completely with your first two paragraphs, and totally with the idea that two-parent families are the way to go; unfortunately, the genie is out of the bottle, and we can't force people to get or stay married if they have kids.  Although some people end up as single parents without choosing it, we could reinstate limits on how long someone can be on welfare, and no more money for having more kids after they start on welfare---that's how we end up with a single parent having 5 or 6 kids without ever being married.  Unfortunately, like the commercial should say, "If you're a politician, you pander.  It's what you do (to get reelected)."
If you want peace, prepare for war.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.