Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 113

Author Topic: Harley 117 Kit  (Read 471756 times)

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout
Re: Harley 117 Kit
« Reply #345 on: February 05, 2016, 05:05:33 AM »

That is what's important, you are happy. Don't let the negative people get to you. Everyone thinks they can do better for less. You have very good numbers in a damn good curve and still have more room to build if you decide to. Not saying you need to. What did the dealership say about how it effects warranty or extended plans?
Dealer didn't say and I didn't ask. They've always been very fair with me, however. My warranty expires the end of March and I won't be purchasing an extended version. I've always been lucky with Harley and never had a major expense in the past 20 years. Maybe a gasket leak or something similar but nothing real expensive.
Bill - Greenville, South Carolina

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand & Blaze Orange with Black Abyss Graphics
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
Bassani ProStreet Turnouts
124 HP 133 TQ

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #346 on: February 05, 2016, 05:22:49 AM »

I'm not sure anyone reasonable thought it was going to make 130s. It beat Harley's advertised numbers which are no secret. I mean they furnish an actual dyno chart, right? 

Yes, I was surprised and very happy with the numbers. Harley posted what...120 for a max torque, I think. So I was hoping to be in the mid 120s at best. Well, it's just shy of 132 (131.85) so I was very happy. You have to consider too, that this is an increase of 32 Power and 25 Torque over my 110 with the same pipes using the same dyno machine. So, for me, this is fantastic. I am not looking for the fastest, meanest machine on the road, and this build fits me perfectly. I'm sure the rest of you will be happy with your results, and I wish you all the best. Hope y'all beat my numbers, too.  :)

2014 CVO Breakout
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
124 HP 133 TQ

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #347 on: February 05, 2016, 05:28:50 AM »

That is a good combo of parts and with lower compression relatively speaking, and a B motor
Others could go there if they use that pipe. Not for a bagger but there are good pipes for them too
Headwork and higher compression and it would scale up from there, horsepower, not so much the torque but 135 is certainly likely

Very refreshing to hear this from a professional builder. Thank you  :)
Appreciate the positive comments. Wasn't looking for attaboys but it sure helps when the bombs start coming.

2014 CVO Breakout
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
124 HP 133 TQ

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #348 on: February 05, 2016, 07:54:50 AM »

Just thought I'd throw out this question: With the 117 engine badges, I wonder if it will add any value to the bike during resale. I realize extras rarely bring any financial return, but might this be an exception down the road?

2014 CVO Breakout
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
124 HP 133 TQ

KC2GIW

• RUB
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2016 White Amethyst CVO Street Glide
« Reply #349 on: February 05, 2016, 08:30:44 AM »

Just thought I'd throw out this question: With the 117 engine badges, I wonder if it will add any value to the bike during resale. I realize extras rarely bring any financial return, but might this be an exception down the road?

Possibly.  I also intend on keeping all the stock 110 parts to put the bike back to box stock.  That may also help?

Usually my saving of parts helps with resale.
Matt - Syracuse, NY

2016 White Amethyst FLHXSE.
117 SE drop-in kit.
Jackpot 2:1:2, V&H 450 Titans.

2018 Arctic White Corvette Grand Sport

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #350 on: February 05, 2016, 09:15:22 AM »

Not sure if you where referring the warranty for the 117 kit installation of not but HD (the mother company) gives 1 year warranty on the installed kit. Posted on their website in details
On the Street Legal version of the kit which includes a canned download not a custom tune plus all the parts they include in the kit no substitutions.

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #351 on: February 05, 2016, 09:27:08 AM »

Gotcha, then I just have to pay when it blows :) (Since I am going with a custom tune) Always wanted to build a HD inside a glass bar anyway so if it goes that might be the next stop for my CVO!  (Saw that on some other board, looked really cool)  But back to topic, thanks for the info, I was under the impression this kit was under warranty as well. It states on one of the tabs that they offer 1 year limited warranty on the kit. (and the 117 kit is street legal) but I can not find anything mentioned regarding the tune.

On the Street Legal version of the kit which includes a canned download not a custom tune plus all the parts they include in the kit no substitutions.

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #352 on: February 05, 2016, 09:38:11 AM »

SAE= Max Power 115.77 Max Torque 129.28
Not enough to notice a difference in the real world.

Exactly. I know it's only a couple hp/tq between SAE & STD, but there are those who get all stressed out about this. I just want to be able to tell them when I refer to this build, which by the way is pretty darn good. This particular one breaks 120 ft.lbs. at the same rpm some 113's break 100 ft. lbs.........with higher compression and headwork. Enjoy.
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #353 on: February 05, 2016, 09:55:44 AM »

Possibly.  I also intend on keeping all the stock 110 parts to put the bike back to box stock.  That may also help?

Usually my saving of parts helps with resale.
I have all my parts too, including the exhaust system. :2vrolijk_21:

2014 CVO Breakout
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
124 HP 133 TQ

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #354 on: February 05, 2016, 09:57:50 AM »

Exactly. I know it's only a couple hp/tq between SAE & STD, but there are those who get all stressed out about this. I just want to be able to tell them when I refer to this build, which by the way is pretty darn good. This particular one breaks 120 ft.lbs. at the same rpm some 113's break 100 ft. lbs.........with higher compression and headwork. Enjoy.
Cool! I have the SAE chart if anyone must see it. Just a little too lazy to post it, and the rear wheel dyno is where the bragging rights generally fall.

2014 CVO Breakout
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
124 HP 133 TQ

KC2GIW

• RUB
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #355 on: February 05, 2016, 09:59:37 AM »

Cool! I have the SAE chart if anyone must see it. Just a little too lazy to post it, and the rear wheel dyno is where the bragging rights generally fall.

The data is all the same. It's just a calculation correction factor. Almost all dyno sheets use SAE correction though so you'll be on the same page that way. There's no actual difference in power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matt - Syracuse, NY

117 SE drop-in kit.

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #356 on: February 05, 2016, 10:25:12 AM »

Road Dawg how much did you pay for that kit and dyno , work etc... something is missing, is it worth the money I don't think so. Here is my 14' cvo 110'' go figure.. i was expecting at least 130ish hp and 140ish tq kind of disappointing ...

I for one am curious as to how you got this power out a of a 110 for lees than this fella's kit? I had 120 / 124 in my softail convertible and I can guarantee it cost a bunch more than this fella has in this "kit". Sounds to me your just pumping your own dyno sheet that I can pretty much guarantee has at least 11:1 compression and one of the best in the business tuning it. I really don't see the need for the negativity, this is a bolt in kit with NO headwork and a dyno tune at a dealership.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 10:27:58 AM by Mr. Warlock »
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

KC2GIW

• RUB
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #357 on: February 05, 2016, 10:27:20 AM »

I for one am curious as to how you got this power out a of a 110 for lees than this fella's kit? I had 120 / 124 in my softail convertible and I can guarantee it cost a bunch more than this fella has in this "kit". Sounds to me your just pumping your own dyno sheet that I can pretty much guarantee has at least 11:1 compression and one of the best in the business tuning it. I really don't see the need for the negativity, this is a bolt in kit with NO headwork and a dyno tune at a dealership.

Said 117 kit also makes more torque below 3k where sane people use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matt - Syracuse, NY

117 SE drop-in kit.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #358 on: February 05, 2016, 10:37:48 AM »

And if they use it a lot down low without downshifting the cranks are more likely to scissor.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #359 on: February 05, 2016, 11:24:39 AM »

And if they use it a lot down low without downshifting the cranks are more likely to scissor.

Yeah, 'er 'uh, like I said.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 113

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.