Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Broken handlebars  (Read 3942 times)

Proraver

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2005 Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide
Re: Broken handlebars
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 08:13:45 AM »

10" wild ones with a single piece top clamp are installed. I managed to get everything fitted except the D%$# front brake hose. That will be here friday and then hopefulle we can get some seat time before sucky Ohio winter starts.  That last inch is really expensive.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 08:52:08 AM by Proraver »

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2020, 03:54:54 PM »

Proraver that figures. One thing holdin you up. Glad your happy with the WOs. We are heading out this evening for a dinner ride. Go Bucks!

nolanfla

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2020, 11:52:52 AM »

Can't answer your question about longer cables/wires (but I'm guessing you will need to extend what is stock) but make sure you use a one piece (full width) top clamp when you change them out.  Probably would have kept the stock bars from breaking.

mine did the same i put a pipe in them and ran the wiring on the outside it looks good

nolanfla

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2020, 11:54:26 AM »

I’ve seen that happen when folks use the handlebars as strap down points on a trailer. And yes, get a one piece top clamp.

I did the same with the upper clamp ,this is a Harley flaw for this year

nolanfla

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2020, 01:28:26 PM »

I had the same problem ,It's a Harley oops ,make sure you buy the top full bracket ,that was the issue ,the hole in the bars for the wires made it weak,tried to buy a used handlebar on ebay and they were all the same.
I cut the bars and I inserted a pipe inside the bars bought a new bracket for the clamp that went across this time.

only other change was having to put the wires on the outside of the handlebars,and had to cut the wires cuss the connectors would not go through the bars.I soldered and heatsink them back together and it took me about a week

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2020, 05:22:58 PM »

Happened to me in Daytona years ago on my O4.. Those stock bars were such garbage with the 2 piece clamp. I went with wild ones 12"and never looked back along with the one piece clamp.  :2vrolijk_21:Stuart

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2020, 09:25:14 PM »

Happened to me in Daytona years ago on my O4.. Those stock bars were such garbage with the 2 piece clamp. I went with wild ones 12"and never looked back along with the one piece clamp.  :2vrolijk_21:Stuart
You never told me about my bars being due to failure Stu.  Now I'm worried. :nervous:spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2020, 10:25:22 PM »

Spyder.  Change em before they go. Get the one pc clamp too.   You'll be glad that you did.  :nervous:Stuart
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.