Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2007 CVO Ultra quick disconnect conversion  (Read 1060 times)

MayberryCVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

2007 CVO Ultra quick disconnect conversion
« on: June 14, 2021, 02:58:24 PM »

I know this has been discussed countless times, because I have read them all. I want to make my tour pack quick disconnect, and I already have planned out where to relocate the amp. That isnt my concern right now. The tour pack will hardly ever, if ever, get used. I just want to be able to have the option if we decide to use it sometime, and also for resale purposes. We will not ever use the CB or intercom, so those are also of no concern in deleting. My question is in regard to all of the wires going into each side. What is everyone doing with these? It seems like splicing a quick disconnect to each one would create a birds nest under there. Does anyone have a link to a really good step by step of this conversion being done? Of course I buy an 07 which is the most complicated one to convert! 😂
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 04:16:50 PM by MayberryCVO »

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
Re: 2007 CVO Ultra quick disconnect conversion
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 04:18:32 PM »

On my 2000 I just tied up the cables under the seat...

MayberryCVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

Re: 2007 CVO Ultra quick disconnect conversion
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 02:51:44 PM »

Update... my stereo, amp, and under-fairing antenna were all delivered today. Looking at this in depth before I begin. Let me explain my intentions, then I need understanding of where to cut these wires (and which ones) and put in quick disconnects, and what I can simply pull off.

- eliminate CB/intercom
- eliminate both rear antennas
- eliminate tourpack speakers
- retain power lock on tourpack
- retain lights on tourpack

Here are all of the wires I have, any and all help is greatly appreciated!! Again, 2007 Ultra Classic CVO

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 22 queries.