Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tire purchase  (Read 1399 times)

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 SESG
Tire purchase
« on: July 05, 2021, 03:27:42 PM »

Kathy’s bike needs a new front tire. Tire size is 130/60B21. I was looking to get the American Elite in that size and when I called a local Harley dealer they told me that the American Elite isn’t made in that size. I found it on j and p and revzilla so I am confused now. Also on revzilla they have 130/60B21 63H and 130/60B21 69H. My question is what does the 63H and 69H mean? Otherwise not sure what to go with. The tire was on the rim when it was mounted in sturgis back in 2018 and it has the Harley emblem in the side wall. Not sure what to do now cause the tire needs to be replaced cause it is starting to dry out.

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
Re: Tire purchase
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 03:43:21 PM »

American Moto Tire has it, free shipping and no tax

69 is the load rating and H is the speed rating (H is up to 130mph)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 03:49:38 PM by Serdvd6 »
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 03:52:18 PM »

Thanks. Don’t get why the Harley dealer told me the elite isn’t made in that size but I have found it on 4 different websites now.

havenolife

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 05:25:02 PM »

they are to laze to look it up pulled that out of there aXX LOL my book is not handy right now or i would give you a part number for them to check

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2021, 01:57:58 PM »

Hey Kevin, how's the summer treating you and Kathy?  We just spent three weeks up in central Michigan seeing friends and family while looking for property.

To answer your question about the H63 and the H68, H is the speed rating for the tire, 130 mph for H.  63 and 68 are load ratings, 600# and 694# respectively.  On her bike either would be fine.

Linda's been saying that riding hurts her hip and she's getting a bit reluctant to ride on the Harley with me as much.  We took both the '09 SERG and the Honda Helix 250cc scooter to MI on this trip.  We rode the Harley once and I put almost 300 miles on the Honda.  She says the Honda is a softer ride and easier to get on/off too.  Actually that damn Honda will haul our asses around at 65 mph without much trouble and it's a hoot to ride.

So the '09 SERG Orange/Black with only 23,600 miles may be up for sale in the not to distant future... :(  Although I will still have a "Harley", albeit in a car project coming up.  It's a CVO too, so I can keep my "membership" here! :)

Take care and tell Kathy Linda and I said HEY!
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2021, 09:31:54 PM »

That’s kind of a bummer Dan. The summer has been good for the most part, really busy as usual. Getting the basement finished slowly and just work. Driveway should be done in the next month so we can hopefully get our toy hauler by the end of the year. Did you sell the board tracker? And can’t wait to see pictures of the “new” cvo project.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2021, 09:06:57 PM »

That’s kind of a bummer Dan. The summer has been good for the most part, really busy as usual. Getting the basement finished slowly and just work. Driveway should be done in the next month so we can hopefully get our toy hauler by the end of the year. Did you sell the board tracker? And can’t wait to see pictures of the “new” cvo project.

Kevin,

I just got word yesterday that the title has been approved and the new VIN tag has been sent to the Highway Patrol Troop C office in St. Louis south county.  I hope to get a call soon to take it back to them for the tag install and then FINALLY the state will release a new title for my Boardtrack bike.

If you haven't seen it yet, here's the link on YouTube to the Boardtrack walkaround.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbHc4fPkh4Q&t=2s

I got a message on how to insert the YouTube link and picture, but this works for now.

Ride safe!
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.