Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: bmw new bagger 160 h/p  (Read 3031 times)

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
bmw new bagger 160 h/p
« on: September 04, 2021, 01:48:45 PM »

:'(harley better step on up to the plate, wtf :nixweiss:  and got reverse too, harley gonna be let out soon :huepfenlol2:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 01:51:34 PM by laylonlor »

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: bmw new bagger 160 h/p
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2021, 02:27:09 PM »

wonder what size APES I should go with, on the BMW , and should I remove the CAT. what equast, and  ya thunk it will sump oil out the throttle body  on the first ride?.. will I still have warty if I change the pipes:nixweiss:

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2021, 05:22:05 PM »

Please help me out with some more anwers,!!  can I still actt  like a bad ass on the bmw? ,will my harley friends wave at me? what about my comp. sprocket will it make noise? will skull emblems look good on it? can I put a 24 in wheel on it? will I have  to cover  my ganster tattoo?  can I still get drunk as hell on bike night and run 100 mph on way to next bar ? can I make fun of jap bikes?  will 16 in . apes fit ? will I have to put $1500 dollar shocks  that look like nitrous tanks? what about the 1000 watt steros? will it look ok if I where flip flops while Riding ?  things that need to be answered , lmao

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2021, 06:37:58 PM »

Let me know where the highway pegs go.

sent using Tapatalk

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2021, 10:02:58 PM »

Let me know where the highway pegs go.

sent using Tapatalk
   LOL  ,  do I have to up put 10 k  in motor upgrade' s to gain  8 Hp,... and also will I look stupid whereing a full face helmet for my safety  :coolblue:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 10:09:31 PM by laylonlor »

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2021, 11:22:44 PM »

Not sure where you are getting 160 HP from? I have BMW bagger that has 160 hp at the crank (not rear wheel) and I test rode the cruiser version of that bike when it first cam out and it was stated 92 HP at the crank and was seriously underpowered. Cant imagine that motor in a heavy bagger.
Don't get me wrong, Im not down on BMW as I love my Bagger. I just didn't like either the power of that new motor or where I had to put my feet. On my BMW bagger I have floorboards and about only time I use the pegs is when I am shifting.
Alan

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2021, 07:56:58 AM »

Not sure where you are getting 160 HP from? I have BMW bagger that has 160 hp at the crank (not rear wheel) and I test rode the cruiser version of that bike when it first cam out and it was stated 92 HP at the crank and was seriously underpowered. Cant imagine that motor in a heavy bagger.
Don't get me wrong, Im not down on BMW as I love my Bagger. I just didn't like either the power of that new motor or where I had to put my feet. On my BMW bagger I have floorboards and about only time I use the pegs is when I am shifting.

Alan didn't you blow the motor on your Bagger? 

I'm sure you've had it on the dyno.....post up your dyno sheet so we can see what reality is.

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2021, 09:37:14 AM »

Ya buddy!!!!
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2021, 10:00:21 AM »

Now I know why the mufflers are turned up, to extend front tire life.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2021, 10:38:58 AM »

I might have to look into the Bimmer.....have a left neck/shoulder/arm nerve issue going on and even short ride on the '20 RG (way smoother than the '12 SG) is causing extreme discomfort from the vibes.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2021, 01:32:58 PM »

I might have to look into the Bimmer.....have a left neck/shoulder/arm nerve issue going on and even short ride on the '20 RG (way smoother than the '12 SG) is causing extreme discomfort from the vibes.
What did your Dr say about those issues?

sent using Tapatalk

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2021, 07:58:44 PM »

If it just didn't look like an oversized scooter.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2021, 10:34:38 AM »

What did your Dr say about those issues?

sent using Tapatalk

Dr.? Here we are lucky to get phone consultations!. Have the triage questionnaire filled out and sent off to the neurologist's office. Hoping to get to see him soon!

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2021, 02:14:25 PM »

can we run straight pipes on this bimmer,? can we get into a one percent club riding a  bimmer? :nixweiss: on bike night will the harley guys talk to me" :huepfenlol2: will the skinny tattooed girls hang on me with when I ride in with my  bimmer  :bananarock:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 05:17:38 PM by laylonlor »

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2021, 05:15:55 PM »

you know you guys ain't very helpful  with this bimmer issue , I feel like I'm not getting the response  I need to figure out this issue  :nixweiss:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2021, 05:30:43 PM »

Decision Matrix

Does you want to ride a motorsickle?

If yes proceed to next question.  If no whathehell you doin' here?

next question:
Does you want to ride a Harley Davidson motorsickle with lots of vroom vrroom noises or is you ok with any good motorsickle?  Of if you some poor lame ass sumbeech just any motorsickle at all?  Even, y'know, a Sportster?

If you's wants a Harley (a real one, not a Sportster) go to next question.  If anythin' else at all, whathehell you doin' HERE at this here SEE-VEE-OH my gawd Harley Davidson motorsickle site?

Does you want a motorsickle to help you get 20 or 30 something year old tail or is you just like to ride your motorsickle and is too old to worry about tail no more?

If you is the latter you mights think about that BMW motorsickle.  If you is not the latter and you wants to ride more than you's motorsickle, and still thinks you can, you needs you self a shiny Harley Davidson motorsickle with some loud ass pipes.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2021, 11:22:48 PM »

Alan didn't you blow the motor on your Bagger? 

I'm sure you've had it on the dyno.....post up your dyno sheet so we can see what reality is.
They just put a new crate motor in so no dyno. Will say my "butt dyno" says fast af
Alan

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2021, 02:23:13 PM »

Just had a look at the BMW at a dealer in Vancouver....just out of the crate.....91 HP....dunno where 160 came from.....cylinders sticking out the sides look weird.....seating position seems ok ....stereo seems to sound good on a radio station....the controls are way different, but, I am sure one would get used to them......then had to go catch a ferry......will be looking at them again...maybe

They only had a black one.....sold the other colour a week ago

Factory reverse and stereo upgrades are cool.

Did not even discuss prices

No salesmen on site when I was there.....finance guy was being helpful

And this is important!!!!>>>>>>>>>>they are rated for towing!!!!....more info to come

mark

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2021, 10:01:03 PM »

Just had a look at the BMW at a dealer in Vancouver....just out of the crate.....91 HP....dunno where 160 came from.....cylinders sticking out the sides look weird.....seating position seems ok ....stereo seems to sound good on a radio station....the controls are way different, but, I am sure one would get used to them......then had to go catch a ferry......will be looking at them again...maybe

They only had a black one.....sold the other colour a week ago

Factory reverse and stereo upgrades are cool.

Did not even discuss prices

No salesmen on site when I was there.....finance guy was being helpful

And this is important!!!!>>>>>>>>>>they are rated for towing!!!!....more info to come
You’re looking at the wrong BMW.  The K1600B & Grand America are BMWs 160 hp baggers.  You’re apparently looking at the R1800, which is a two cylinder horizontally opposed twin.  The K1600 is an inline six. 

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2021, 07:23:37 PM »

You’re looking at the wrong BMW.  The K1600B & Grand America are BMWs 160 hp baggers.  You’re apparently looking at the R1800, which is a two cylinder horizontally opposed twin.  The K1600 is an inline six.
   I just youtubed this bike its a bad ass , ck. it out,  seat adjusted some to your height  , head lite turns and goes around corners with ya ,  it does have 160 hp , windshield adjusted up and down, 800 lbs  when full of gas, pull the wheels up in first with just the throttle  twist , many featchers, it aint gonna look good with a 24 in ft wheel though and 16 in apes :huepfenlol2: I don't  thnk they JP cycles makes any straight pipes for them either :confused5:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 08:54:04 PM by laylonlor »

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2021, 11:06:32 PM »

2021 BMW K 1600 Grand America.  (6-speed transmission shifts smoothly with or without the clutch,)

2021 BMW K 1600 Grand America Specs

ENGINE

Type: Inline-6
Displacement: 1649cc
Bore x stroke: 72 x 67.5mm
Maximum power: 160 horsepower @ 7750 rpm
Maximum torque: 129 ft-lbs @ 5250 rpm
Maximum speed: 101 mph
Compression ratio: 12.2:1
Valvetrain: DOHC; 4vpc
Gearbox: Constant-mesh 6-speed w/ helical-cut gears
Clutch: Hydraulically actuated multi-disc
Final drive: Shaft

CHASSIS

Frame: Aluminum bridge-type w/ load-bearing engine
Front suspension; travel: BMW Motorrad Duolever w/ central spring strut; 4.5 inches
Rear suspension; travel: BMW Motorrad Paralever; 4.9 inches
Wheels: Cast aluminum
Front wheel: 17 x 3.50
Rear wheel: 17 x 6.00
Front tire: 120/70 x 17
Rear tire: 190/55 x 17
Front brakes: 320mm floating discs w/ 4-piston fixed calipers
Rear brake: 320mm disc w/ dual-piston floating caliper
ABS: Cornering-aware ABS standard
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES

Wheelbase: 63.7 inches
Rake: 27.8 degrees
Trail: 4.2 inches
Seat height: 29.5 inches (optional 30.7- and 31.9-inch seats)
Curb weight: 802 pounds
Fuel capacity: 7.0 gallons
Estimate fuel consumption: 41 mpg
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 11:14:25 PM by laylonlor »

mark

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2021, 09:35:44 AM »

I demoed a K1600B twice.  What a great bike.  It’s torque monster, quick shifter, reverse, heated grips & seat, electronic adjustable suspension, variable ride modes, cornering ABS, etc.  I would best describe the power as a Ducati Diavel, but in bagger form.  I came close to buying one, but BMW had a recall on the transmission, which caused a “stop sell” for months.  Also, the dash/instrumentation was dated and due for an upgrade, but now with Covid causing supply chain problems, who knows when that will happen. 

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2021, 04:14:48 PM »

I hope they come available , I want to take a ride  :drummer:

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2021, 08:34:40 AM »

Maximum speed: 101 mph

Doesn't make sense
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2021, 09:31:30 AM »

I test rode one a couple of years ago when we spent a summer in the Black Hills.  Actually I test rode the B and the Grand America a couple of times each.  Came very close to pulling the trigger but just couldn't talk myself in to getting back in to the payments again.

Very fast and very smooth.  Only need the clutch when taking off from a stop.  Once you're rolling you can shift without a clutch and if feels like an automatic car.....very, very smooth....even without the clutch, full throttle and don't let off between shifts.  It is amazing and fun. 

If you spend time on the BMW Bagger fb group, they do make an aftermarket exhaust.  While it's not going to sound like a Harley, it is much deeper and throatier than stock ( a guy pulled in to the dealership there in Sturgis that already had the aftermarket exhaust).  I'm sure that Alan has already changed his.

Steve that owns Fullsac has the BMW B and has already done some trick things to it.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2021, 09:53:57 PM »

I test rode one a couple of years ago when we spent a summer in the Black Hills.  Actually I test rode the B and the Grand America a couple of times each.  Came very close to pulling the trigger but just couldn't talk myself in to getting back in to the payments again.

Very fast and very smooth.  Only need the clutch when taking off from a stop.  Once you're rolling you can shift without a clutch and if feels like an automatic car.....very, very smooth....even without the clutch, full throttle and don't let off between shifts.  It is amazing and fun. 

If you spend time on the BMW Bagger fb group, they do make an aftermarket exhaust.  While it's not going to sound like a Harley, it is much deeper and throatier than stock ( a guy pulled in to the dealership there in Sturgis that already had the aftermarket exhaust).  I'm sure that Alan has already changed his.

Steve that owns Fullsac has the BMW B and has already done some trick things to it.
yea, changed the exhaust and tuned it getting about 15 more HP and TQ as well as removed the speed limiter as soon as it was broken in.
Its crazy fast now..
Alan
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 21 queries.