Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: APPLE CARPLAY ON MY 2021 CVO TRI-GLIDE  (Read 555 times)

taweir

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO1: 2021 CVO TRI-GLIDE
APPLE CARPLAY ON MY 2021 CVO TRI-GLIDE
« on: October 14, 2021, 10:15:59 AM »

Morning,

I have issues getting my Apple Carplay to run on my bike.  I turn on the headset, plug phone into bike, plug phone into bike.  Sometimes the Apple Carplay comes right up and at other times it does not.  So I start over.  Turn Headset off, turn bike off, unplug phone.  Then Start Bike, Turn On Headset, Plug iphone into bike.  Sometimes Carplay starts and sometimes it does not.  Totally Frustrating.

Do any of you folks have any idea why it works sometimes and sometimes it does not.  Thanks for the help.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: APPLE CARPLAY ON MY 2021 CVO TRI-GLIDE
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 10:39:30 AM »

Morning,

I have issues getting my Apple Carplay to run on my bike.  I turn on the headset, plug phone into bike, plug phone into bike.  Sometimes the Apple Carplay comes right up and at other times it does not.  So I start over.  Turn Headset off, turn bike off, unplug phone.  Then Start Bike, Turn On Headset, Plug iphone into bike.  Sometimes Carplay starts and sometimes it does not.  Totally Frustrating.

Do any of you folks have any idea why it works sometimes and sometimes it does not.  Thanks for the help.

I’ve had the same issues for the last 2 years.
Harley says it’s Apple iPhone problem, Apple says it’s a Harley problem because it works fine on cars/trucks, etc. :nixweiss:

I turn my head set on, start the bike, plug in my phone, works about 50% of the time.
Unplug the phone, plug it back in, THAT works about 75% of the time! Progress!
 :soapbox:
HOGMIKE

taweir

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO1: 2021 CVO TRI-GLIDE
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 10:56:38 AM »

I called Harley in Milwaukee.  They told me to start bike, then turn on headset, then plug in phone in this sequence.  I will try that and see if it works.  they said if you plug phone in to USB phone first that confuses the bike software and that will or could cause this issue.  They also said be sure you bike software is up today.

We'll see if it works.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 07:17:34 AM »

I called Harley in Milwaukee.  They told me to start bike, then turn on headset, then plug in phone in this sequence.  I will try that and see if it works.  they said if you plug phone in to USB phone first that confuses the bike software and that will or could cause this issue.  They also said be sure you bike software is up today.

We'll see if it works.

Wow, two years latter, trying to sell the sam BS.  This works some times, and some times it doesn't. 
Some days it all works well, next day its a major pain to get CarPlay to work.

Headsets suck even more, 12 hour battery life my ass.  If I do everything though head set, 6 hours on the H-D Sena 20's and 7 on the 30K.  If only CB on head set, still dead in 10 hours.    Really sucks as I like to ride 600 to 700 a day to get to where I am going.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 09:35:43 AM »

We'll see if it works.
Mine works plug in first....last.....leave plugged in and restart.....does not seem to matter.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 22 queries.