Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any Member Near La Crosse, KS to Look Over a 2013 CVO Road King  (Read 697 times)

divedolphin

• Junior CVO Member

I am interested in purchasing a 2013 CVO Road King with under 500 miles located near La Crosse, KS. I live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.

Does anyone live near this area that can look over the bike for me? I would be happy to offer compensation for your mileage and time. It appears that the closest Harley dealer is over 100 miles away.

Please e-mail me directly: rjl@rjl-ltd.com

Thank you,

Ralph

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
Re: Any Member Near La Crosse, KS to Look Over a 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2023, 04:42:15 PM »

Sounds like a suspicious ad to me, where was it listed Craigslist?  Reason I ask is there was a similar listing for a bike with VERY low miles on another forum and it turned out to be a scam.  Not saying this one is but just be careful, the criminals are always on the leading edge of coming up with ways to steal.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2023, 07:17:34 PM »

The only thing I found listed for LaCrosse for a 2013 Road King with low miles was a red bike.  The town is small enough their is likely not too many red 2013 Road Kings for sale there so that is likely the one you're looking at.  The pics with the ad I saw have the bike staged at the Dodge City, KS dealership.  If it's still there perhaps the dealership sales staff can offer some insights.  For me Dodge City is just over a 650 mile round trip so a bit for for a look-see.  Good luck.

divedolphin

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2023, 07:44:46 PM »

Yes that is the bike. Some of the photos were at the dealer when it was new. The remaining photos are at the owners home.

I talked to the seller several times and they seem legitimate.  I would not send any money until I had someone onsite to get the title personally and then load the bike in a trailer.

Thank you for the response.

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.