Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: what exhaust to run w/zippers 575 cams on 05 SEFB  (Read 1311 times)

RIGMAN

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
what exhaust to run w/zippers 575 cams on 05 SEFB
« on: April 29, 2007, 01:18:43 AM »

I getting ready for my zippers 575 cam install and am looking for input on what exhuast works good with these, :confused5: also will need a map for PC as a starting point for tuning
thank you for all your help in advance. pics of pipes installed would be nice  :drink: :drink: days off coming soon

Street Stalker

• Junior CVO Member
  • All show and no go, but about to change
Re: what exhaust to run w/zippers 575 cams on 05 SEFB
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 01:59:39 PM »

Have you decided if you want a 2-1 for performance or 2-2 pipes?  I think most buy for looks but some are concerned about perfromance first.  I run V&H big radius 2-2's and like the look and sound, however, they are not the best performance pipes out by any means...  With the same 575 cams, thunder monster baffles(better low end torque) and p-commander I pull 103 tq. and 97 hp.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 06:58:08 PM by Street Stalker »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 03:45:29 PM »

Any 2into1 will probably give you more power/tq, but you need to decide what exhaust you like better. The difference is going to be so minimal that I personally would choose an exhaust I like for looks and sound over performance.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 06:58:58 PM »

I getting ready for my zippers 575 cam install and am looking for input on what exhuast works good with these, :confused5: also will need a map for PC as a starting point for tuning
thank you for all your help in advance. pics of pipes installed would be nice  :drink: :drink: days off coming soon

Rigman,
Check my sheet with the 575G cams & PCIII HERE 
This is with my custom Lake Pipe which has no baffle in it at all. It looks good & sounds good but I do believe it is not the best for performance.
I am going to get the new Big Radius 2 into 1 when it is released for the 86 - 06 Softail very soon & I'm sure it will pick things up a bit in the low range. (not that it is too bad now but the BR 2 into 1 is supossed to be the best pipe V & H have ever made)

I still have a machined out throtle body to fit also (48.5mm) but I can only change 1 thing between dyno runs to see what that perticular change has gained or lost for me.

I'm not quite sure how to at the moment but I should be able to send you a copy of my map if you need it. But on that note would your tuner just start from scratch like mine did?

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 07:02:36 PM »

FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 22 queries.