Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First 500 Miles after engine mods...  (Read 1049 times)

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
First 500 Miles after engine mods...
« on: June 07, 2007, 07:49:47 AM »

Greetings Brothers and Sisters.....

I finally turned 500 miles on the newly modified engine this evening. I stuck to cooler mornings and evenings for the dense cold air and because our rides dig the cooler conditions.

The Woods "Night Prowler" cam sends the midrange tachometer into a heavenly bliss. This is my first cam install, and unless I am mistaken, the mids have so much more response and torque. I have barely opened up the throttle during the break in; the torque after 3,500 is just a teaser until later today, but greater gains in pull and power.

For some reason, beyond my humble experience, shifting is still easier than the original 5,000 miles. Smoother shifts, transition is quieter and smoother and first gear slips in without the "clunk" from the factory. Why is that?

I am still getting used to the new noise: clicking and pinging like it's needing octane on an uphill. Actually, the excess noise is much more than I expected; especially at idle and without a full pull dyno run to tune it proper.

We ran a preliminary dyno with just 3-5,000 RPM due to the early stages of break-in. I shall post the dyno up as soon as I get my anxious hands on it.

That day, the Feuling Oil Cooler gets a new home on my FatBoy. Change the fluids again to the good stuff, and then (you won't believe this one) I am going to hang up the OCD until my next project. That's right OCD fans, my "Make a Monster SE FatBoy" project should be complete this weekend.

That is of course, unless I relapse and keep peeking at the Kuryakyn (whatever) front light setups and stop watching the "Chrome-a-Thon for Kona's Kids" on local CableTelevision......

I want to open the doors of the first California's OCD Anonymous, (you know: it works if you work it...) and get a HD Corporate honcho to host once a month...What do you think?

More notes after the Dyno Run....
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 07:52:42 AM by kona76 »
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

TankerPig

• Full CVO Member
  • Be careful, sobriety can make you do silly things!
Re: First 500 Miles after engine mods...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 09:48:52 AM »

I'll be happy to host the OCD-A group meetings on the east coast.

2005 Screamin Eagle Fatboy
V&H Big Shots Staggered
Zipper's High Flow Air Cleaner
PCIII USB
PM Contrast Cut Gasser wheels, pulley, rotors

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 22 queries.