Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: +3 degree raked neck bearings  (Read 7283 times)

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
Re: +3 degree raked neck bearings
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2007, 02:55:48 PM »

Aussie, I am looking into the SERK speedo/tach...will keep you posted.

As far as the raked forks go: I saw the picture of the kit you used...was there anything more you needed to do the install? I want my guy to do the raked forks, but want to make sure there are no surprises...

THANKS, RIC

btw-obsessing and obsessing compulsively are very different...obsessing compulsively would seriously impede you from getting these projects done!

Well once again the manafacturer says the fork cup kit does not work on Fatboys if you want to keep your tins. The reason they say this is because your top & bottom tripple trees are spread about 1.5 inches further apart than stock (you ca see this in my first photo. As I also used longer fork tubes for this project I needed longer slider covers. Therefore I was able to cut the old ones down to about 1.5 inches long & fit them upside down at the top of the new ones ( see photos) As I already had a chrome piece (from the MoCo that that dresses up the bottom of the tripple trees I simply welded a front vertical face on it approx 1.5 inches high had it rechromed (see photo 2) this then slipped up behind the bottom of my nacelle. The other thing was that now the bottom hole of the nacelle or stock headlight tin now had nothting to fix the bolt into (as the hole was now 1.5 inches  higher) So to fix this I just used a set of turn signal relocation brackets clamped to the forks but fitted them back to front, then drilled a hole through them & just put a 1/4 nut on the inside so the nacelle bottom bolt worked nicely. The only other thing was a longer brake hose to suit my 4 inch overs fork tubes. This might sound like a bit of work but it was not that bad.

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.