Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Quest for 125HP/125TQ continues ...  (Read 3494 times)

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
The Quest for 125HP/125TQ continues ...
« on: August 01, 2007, 07:50:29 AM »

The quest for 125Hp and 125Tq is on track and getting closer every week. HOWEVER>>

As I spend more money on performance stuff and my OCD Fix, I find myself going faster and looking good, but going broke. The ongoing project is way over budget and some original Screamin' Eagle parts are collecting dust all for the cause. It just makes sense to slow my role and enjoy the ride of my lifetime, right?

But in an effort to never cease the original quest for 125 Hp/Tq, I tried a new filter today claiming it could add up to 5 Hp. It is a new design to me, not compatible with my SE Teardrop Air Cover and it sticks out further than the SE Air Cover so it will take some getting used to if I keep it. It's already paid for, so it's mine, but maybe a Frisbee tomorrow, who knows?

The vendor is BC Heads of Rancho Cordova, California. The filter is not cone shaped as you can tell and a touch bulky while riding. But you know what?

It works. HP gained and mapped on the DynoJet results follow. That's a gain of Horsepower, no gain of Torque. And it's goofy looking without a cover. But cost effective if you do the formula $100 for every 1 Hp gain. This gave me 3 for under $100.00.

Any body ever use this type of filter? It was news to me.

Oh, the tricky part is getting a cover that works with the configuration. They sell some on the website, but I'm not too interested in the designs...Some Pictures and Dyno results to follow....
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
Re: The Quest for 125HP/125TQ continues ...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 07:51:27 AM »

another shot
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 07:54:08 AM »

Looks to be about the same depth as the Doherty PowerPacc filter, but looking at your second picture it appears to be of a larger diameter.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 08:16:22 AM »

the dyno proof is in the pudding...

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 04:34:42 AM »

Eventually, I pulled the filter off, went back to the High Flow with SEFB stock chrome cover, and I am now trying some High Flow variations; I am hopeful that these are "mods" that won't deviate from the goals.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 04:36:13 AM »

another shot of the Screamin' Eagle Air Intake Pix.

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 01:46:18 PM »

The BC is BC Gerolamy  very famous for thier head work.  My brother had his motor done there and got very good results.  Have you have your heads done there ?  What cams are you using?

See
 http://www.bcheads.com/

Personally , I'd quit hunting for numbers and focus on "does it satisfy your riding style"

I've seen  T-man 590 cams /heads  post numbers like what your working for on 103's (see attached pic)  so a 110 certainly should be no issue
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 01:54:41 PM by nidan »
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 03:18:04 PM »

nidan

I am familiar with BC Gerolamy. This is one of the reasons I tried their Air Filter, and as I stated the proof is in the pudding; meaning I got the positive results of a Horsepower increase and minor Torque increase.

I have heard many good things about BC Gerolamy from my Northern California brothers who have first hand results with them.

Eureka!, I have found my numbers, thank you very much, and that satisfies my riding style. I had a plan for this "numbers" thing a year before I purchased the 2005 FLSTFSE. By the way, I have a 103" not a 110".

My Heads J & E, my Cams are Bob Woods Night Prowler (650's). I wanted the best for my ride; I think I did pretty good for components.

Those numbers are super impressive; in fact they seem surreal and out of range for a 103". And, probably more cost effective than what I have spent this year.

I'm still educating about this stuff, and school is costing me about $10,000 this year. YEOW!! How much did that build cost him?

Finally, thanks for the response and for showing me the numbers. I must be playing ball in the minors, cause the 103" you shared with us is in the major leagues BIGTIME.

kona76
Mike K.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 03:27:08 PM by kona76 »

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 08:56:47 AM »

Theres quite a few dyno's at the Tman site . http://www.tmanperformance.com/dynoruns.htm

Even though they are in North Carolina , a lot of folks use his heads/cams .

I came from Northern Cal too , so that's where I knew BC from . 

103's are certainly capable of big numbers, just depends on how deep your pockets are.  I was able to get 108hp/111 lbs ft from my 95 before I traded her in on my 07.  I'm only pullin high 90's + on my 07 103" FLHX but she gets the job done even two up.

Bobby Woods is a great guy , although I didn't go with his cams , he was very patient and helpful on my 95 build. 
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 09:16:40 AM by nidan »
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

Stratus

• Go fast or dont go.
  • www.lakecharlespilots.com
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 10:14:34 PM »

ya kona, mine is a 103 build. the only thing left is the case tho...lol.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 07:53:28 PM by Stratus »
My Gallery:cucumber:
2006 FLSTFSE2 Autumn Haze
131 R&R Motor w/Billet oval heads w/comp release
HP 151.5/TQ 163
Horsepower Inc. 58mm Throttlebody
Speed's High Velocity Air Cleaner
Static Compression Ratio 10.8:1
S&S Crankshaft
Camshaft S&S 640
SERT
Rivera pro clutch
8mm hypo wires
R&B Racing LSR 2-1 Pro Stock 124 2" primaries C style 17" collector
Brembo Calipers/Rotors Front and Rear

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 10:32:52 PM »

nidan

I am familiar with BC Gerolamy. This is one of the reasons I tried their Air Filter, and as I stated the proof is in the pudding; meaning I got the positive results of a Horsepower increase and minor Torque increase.

I have heard many good things about BC Gerolamy from my Northern California brothers who have first hand results with them.

Eureka!, I have found my numbers, thank you very much, and that satisfies my riding style. I had a plan for this "numbers" thing a year before I purchased the 2005 FLSTFSE. By the way, I have a 103" not a 110".

My Heads J & E, my Cams are Bob Woods Night Prowler (650's). I wanted the best for my ride; I think I did pretty good for components.

Those numbers are super impressive; in fact they seem surreal and out of range for a 103". And, probably more cost effective than what I have spent this year.

I'm still educating about this stuff, and school is costing me about $10,000 this year. YEOW!! How much did that build cost him?

Finally, thanks for the response and for showing me the numbers. I must be playing ball in the minors, cause the 103" you shared with us is in the major leagues BIGTIME.

kona76
Mike K.

Kona, if I had your money I would just burn mine  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

sounds like a lot a mussin around for very little gain, first off if I was doin a build I would not start with this POS 103, everything is weak especially in the lower end, you would be money ahead if you just pulled it and dropped in a bullet proof race ready 124" like our bro Stratus. when you add it all up it just don't make sense. I will not spend a dime on this motor, I will suffer and run it for the next five years, put about 60k miles on it and when its spent, it gets pitched and the new 124" will go in, a 4" belt drive primary with outboard support and 6 speed tranny, and I will be good to go about 140mph for just around 10 grand :2vrolijk_21:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Stratus

• Go fast or dont go.
  • www.lakecharlespilots.com
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 03:32:06 AM »

yup 140 only because your half hat turns into a parachute and tries to choke your ass.....lol, and the jet fighter pilots thought they were the only ones that had to worry about blackouts :nixweiss:. i dont know what i was thinking on that day....lol.

i always liked that zippers 103 build for the money. the numbers were great with just flowed stock heads and pistons, cam and no case splitting. if i remember correctly it was around 118 hp and about 3 grand, a little less if you use your sert, and 3 weeks, not inc the install. i thought it was a much better option than HD"s pkg (cheaper and better numbers). with a  little massageing i was hopeing to be in the low 120"s.

i just bought a new 103 case yesterday and im having the stock motor put back together. i couldnt see just leaving all the parts sitting in a box. never again will i wait for my next engine build, out with the bad and in with the good.

i know i promised you a build sheet (and i will) but it has been hectic around here to say the least. i split a tooth and had to go in for a root canal (at about 140 lol). then my wifes best friend died of cancer at 44, so it has been hard around here lately. sorry bout the thread jacking.

anyway guys i sure enjoy the forums here and all the great ideas and input. take care.
My Gallery:cucumber:
2006 FLSTFSE2 Autumn Haze
131 R&R Motor w/Billet oval heads w/comp release
HP 151.5/TQ 163
Horsepower Inc. 58mm Throttlebody
Speed's High Velocity Air Cleaner
Static Compression Ratio 10.8:1
S&S Crankshaft
Camshaft S&S 640
SERT
Rivera pro clutch
8mm hypo wires
R&B Racing LSR 2-1 Pro Stock 124 2" primaries C style 17" collector
Brembo Calipers/Rotors Front and Rear

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 10:51:00 PM »

yup 140 only because your half hat turns into a parachute and tries to choke your ass.....lol, and the jet fighter pilots thought they were the only ones that had to worry about blackouts :nixweiss:. i dont know what i was thinking on that day....lol.

i always liked that zippers 103 build for the money. the numbers were great with just flowed stock heads and pistons, cam and no case splitting. if i remember correctly it was around 118 hp and about 3 grand, a little less if you use your sert, and 3 weeks, not inc the install. i thought it was a much better option than HD"s pkg (cheaper and better numbers). with a  little massageing i was hopeing to be in the low 120"s.

i just bought a new 103 case yesterday and im having the stock motor put back together. i couldnt see just leaving all the parts sitting in a box. never again will i wait for my next engine build, out with the bad and in with the good.

i know i promised you a build sheet (and i will) but it has been hectic around here to say the least. i split a tooth and had to go in for a root canal (at about 140 lol). then my wifes best friend died of cancer at 44, so it has been hard around here lately. sorry bout the thread jacking.

anyway guys i sure enjoy the forums here and all the great ideas and input. take care.

Stratus,

just wondering why you reused the stock cases instead of going with new billet cases and leavin the old motor intact.
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 22 queries.