Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hello to the forum and one question  (Read 2906 times)

ut01038

Hello to the forum and one question
« on: April 16, 2008, 07:10:14 AM »

I'm new to this Forum so Hello to Everybody.

My name is Carlos and I'm from Spain (Madrid)

I would like to ask you what would you do if you were in my situation and why?

The thing is that I have a 1997 Electra Glide Ultra Classic (I've bought it from new) and I have been very happy with it (It's a really nice Bike and I added plenty of Screaming Eagle accessories and I can tell you that It sounds really nice). Last year I've bought a BMW R 1200 RT and since then I haven't used my Harley too much (my wife does not feel very save in the Ultra compared to the BMW) and a friend of mine has bought a few months ago a 2005 Fat Boy Screaming Eagle (form USA) and he has a problem similar to mine (His wife says that the Fat Boy is uncomfortable for trips) so he has told me that maybe we can swap bikes.

I know from a economic point of view I will be winning in this swap, but I really love my bike (call me nostalgic)

Here goes the question:

What would you do? and why?.

In the other hand if any of you has changed from a Ultra to a Fat Boy and can give me some feedback, I would appreciate

Thanks to all of you

SalU2

BayouBiker

• Patriot Guard - HOG - ABATE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Cherry Jester 110"
    • CVO2: '99 FXDWG 96"
    • CVO3: 'BSR'
    • photos by Tiki Tom
Re: Hello to the forum and one question
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 07:22:51 AM »

Personally I wouldn't trade my Ultra for anything!

Welcome to CVO Harley...
laissez les bon temps rouler - from Bourbon St, New Orleans!

:drink:
Live - Love - Ride
         :-*

Guardian Angels are everywhere! When they don't have wings, I call them friends.

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 08:34:42 AM »

I'm new to this Forum so Hello to Everybody.

My name is Carlos and I'm from Spain (Madrid)

I would like to ask you what would you do if you were in my situation and why?

The thing is that I have a 1997 Electra Glide Ultra Classic (I've bought it from new) and I have been very happy with it (It's a really nice Bike and I added plenty of Screaming Eagle accessories and I can tell you that It sounds really nice). Last year I've bought a BMW R 1200 RT and since then I haven't used my Harley too much (my wife does not feel very save in the Ultra compared to the BMW) and a friend of mine has bought a few months ago a 2005 Fat Boy Screaming Eagle (form USA) and he has a problem similar to mine (His wife says that the Fat Boy is uncomfortable for trips) so he has told me that maybe we can swap bikes.

I know from a economic point of view I will be winning in this swap, but I really love my bike (call me nostalgic)

Here goes the question:

What would you do? and why?.

In the other hand if any of you has changed from a Ultra to a Fat Boy and can give me some feedback, I would appreciate

Thanks to all of you

SalU2

Carlos I love my Ultra-you might just have to keep both!

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

ut01038

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 08:45:54 AM »

Thanks for your comments,

The only thing that worries me is that I've been riding the 2008 Ultra and is a big improvement against my 1997 Ultra, It has a more powerfull engine, better brakes and a better ride.

My Thoughts goes in the way of swapping my Ultra for the Fat Boy and in the near future (maybe in 2010) getting a new Ultra.

By the way why did you get a SE Fat Boy instead of the basic (let's say it that way) Fat Boy?

SalU2

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 09:13:50 AM »

Keep the ultra. :2vrolijk_21:
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 09:30:48 AM »

Here's my opinion and it appears to be different from the others so far.  You have an 11 year old bike that you like but don't ride much.  You have a new bike that your wife will ride and, therefore, it gets used more.  If you've got the chance, trade the Ultra for the SE Fat Boy.  The 2005 version has the best colors of any SE so far and look fantastic.  If you're riding alone on the bike anyhow it should be fun for you.  In the end, if you don't like it as well as you thought you would, sell it for a newer Ultra and get that one the way you like it with the extra money you'll make on selling the Fat Boy.  You'll miss the ultra no doubt, but she should be ridden.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 01:23:51 PM »

check if the usa import still has mile odometer, and what it would cost to convert it to kilometers speedo!!!

i have a friend in guernsey channel islands ordered a 2005 se fat boy, moco sent the bike to the wrong dealer who sold it to somebody else, my friend enquired with the guernsey dealer where is my bike? Sorry your bike got sent to another dealer who sold it, we have checked but no other dealers have a fat boy we can exchange, Moco have stopped the production run this year. After alot of complaining MOCO  eventually made a one off se fat boy for my friend which arrived with kilometers speedo/ he emailed me last week to say the new mileage speedo dial had just arrived, now thats MOCO customer service for u! 3years wait is that a record? Can anybody better that!

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 03:28:40 PM »

check if the usa import still has mile odometer, and what it would cost to convert it to kilometers speedo!!!

i have a friend in guernsey channel islands ordered a 2005 se fat boy, moco sent the bike to the wrong dealer who sold it to somebody else, my friend enquired with the guernsey dealer where is my bike? Sorry your bike got sent to another dealer who sold it, we have checked but no other dealers have a fat boy we can exchange, Moco have stopped the production run this year. After alot of complaining MOCO  eventually made a one off se fat boy for my friend which arrived with kilometers speedo/ he emailed me last week to say the new mileage speedo dial had just arrived, now thats MOCO customer service for u! 3years wait is that a record? Can anybody better that!

I wonder if that one off build was included in the production number count SEE IT HERE
Also what colour did he get?

cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Air1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE/662
    • CVO2: 06 FLHRSI
    • CVO3: 05 VRSCSE
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 03:45:52 PM »

Here's my opinion and it appears to be different from the others so far.  You have an 11 year old bike that you like but don't ride much.  You have a new bike that your wife will ride and, therefore, it gets used more.  If you've got the chance, trade the Ultra for the SE Fat Boy.  The 2005 version has the best colors of any SE so far and look fantastic.  If you're riding alone on the bike anyhow it should be fun for you.  In the end, if you don't like it as well as you thought you would, sell it for a newer Ultra and get that one the way you like it with the extra money you'll make on selling the Fat Boy.  You'll miss the ultra no doubt, but she should be ridden.

Jim, well said (the wisdom of Solomon) :)
07 & 08 Rolling Thunder
07 HD Posse Ride Great American

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 06:22:31 PM »

I have to agree from an economic standpoint, this is too good of a deal to pass up. You're not using the 11 year old Ultra, so preference just went right out the window.

Give the SEFB a few trials and see if you like it as a one up bar hopper or something. It is a real nice ride and I agree the 05's were the best. If not, dump it and enjoy the extra 40% to 80% in cash over what you could have got for the older Ultra. If you wanted, you would be within a few grand of buying a brand new Ultra!

This is a no brainer!
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 02:57:38 PM »

hi aussie
the one off build
he has a Two Tone Platinum Mist / Slate

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 03:30:59 PM »

hi aussie
the one off build
he has a Two Tone Platinum Mist / Slate

It was worth the wait then! For the best colour they released in my opinion!

To satisfy my own OCD I will mark that down as  "1291" built in that colour combination. I dont think they would have built 1289 originally  :confused5:

Cheers
Aussie

« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 03:33:18 PM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 05:43:56 AM »

Your wife wont be comfortable on the fatboy unless you buy a touring seat.But be smart take the fatboy and trade them both in BMW and Fatboy so you can get a screamin eagle Ultra. :drink:
Ridin Legend

ut01038

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 05:33:40 AM »

Hi,

At the end I've ended up with the Fat Boy, so I will be visiting this forum from now.

Bike is Candy Cobalt and Starlight Black and I have to say that it looks fantastic. Ride is very smooth and it has a lot of power.

I will be posting my experience with the bike and the upgrades I will be making

The odometer comes in mph (it is not a big issue) I will try to change it for kph in the near future

Thanks all for your coments

Page created in 0.668 seconds with 22 queries.