Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DYNO 05 SEFB  (Read 3457 times)

RIGMAN

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
DYNO 05 SEFB
« on: August 17, 2005, 05:11:40 AM »

just getting ready to take my bike in to do exhaust and a few add ons. has anyone did a dyno on stock sefb and what was the results. what kind of numbers are you getting out of your fb's after exhaust change and tunning?

Geezer 1941

Re: DYNO 05 SEFB
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 11:14:13 AM »

I can only say if you are looking for performance gains go with the Thunder header or Super Trapp, or Bassini 2 into 1 Systems.  I could have squeezed another 4-5 HP out of my build if I had gone with 2-1s, but I just cannot seem to live with the looks.

I may still do it, but I want to know before hand in HP gains if it is worth it.

Right now I am running V&H Straight Shots Staggered, which gave me 15 more HP then the V&H BIG SHOTS, that I first Dynoed the bike with.  I LOVED THE BIG SHOTS, but 15 HP was just to much to pass up.   Had I had a set of 2 into 1  pipes available when I was Dynoing the bike, I may be using them today.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 02:55:05 AM »

Hello everyone out there,
My name is Mike & live down in Australia on the Gold Coast (near Brisbane)
I have recently got my new silver/grey Screamin Eagle Fat Boy & love it. I have made a few changes. Vance & Hines Big Shots, Screamin Eagle race tuner & stage 1 air cleaner. These made heaps of difference I  am only running a preprogramed map (#13 to suit air cleaner & slipon SE mufflers) with out any adjustments I ran it on a Dyno yesterday & it had 98.6Hp at the rear wheel & 100 ft/lb of torque. I was very happy with this as it does go very well.

Regards

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 07:06:27 AM »

Mike, welcome to the site!  The 103's do seem to respond well to the simple "first mods" like pipes and an air cleaner.  Those are good numbers for those mods on the "B" motor. [smiley=7.gif]  Do you have any stock dyno numbers to compare to?

RIGMAN

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 09:27:01 AM »

My bike goes in mon. for SEII mufflers and download. I'm having dyno done before and after, I'll post when it is done. I seen in previous post add ons of mufflers, race tuner, stage I aircleaner and download. I have 2 ? one doesn't the sefb come with stage one airfilter? and 2 do you need a race tunner for that download? I talked to a mech. @ Gasoline Alley in Red Deer and he told me Race tunner is a waste of money if all you are changing is mufflers on sefb. this guy has been pulling wrenches for 20 years on these bikes  [smiley=confused.gif]

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 01:54:17 AM »

"I talked to a mech. @ Gasoline Alley in Red Deer and he told me Race tunner is a waste of money if all you are changing is mufflers on sefb"

RIGMAN;

I am also a 'rig man' & live in Dead Rear, I mean Red Deer. If it was Doug M. that told you that, you can take it to the bank. He is by far the most honest HD mech I have ever met. Also the tuner there (Darrin) is also top notch.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

RIGMAN

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 11:18:33 AM »

bungy

It was Darren that I talked to,  Gasoline Alley seems like the place to take your bike to here in Alberta. When I was in talking to him he had just got off phone with someone from Saskatoon that was wanting work done on their bike. Sounds like they have a good rep.

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2005, 01:03:23 AM »

Hello everyone out there,
My name is Mike & live down in Australia on the Gold Coast (near Brisbane)
I have recently got my new silver/grey Screamin Eagle Fat Boy & love it. I have made a few changes. Vance & Hines Big Shots, Screamin Eagle race tuner & stage 1 air cleaner. These made heaps of difference I
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2005, 09:08:22 AM »

Scott
unfortunately bikes for the export market are restricted to meet the local market standards (the Australian standards must be a lot tuffer than the US) as for the $120 bucks for the air cleaner it was more like $350AUD. $850 for Race Tuner, $1200 for pipes & $55000 to buy the bike new ($42000USD)
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2005, 10:12:26 AM »

Scott
unfortunately bikes for the export market are restricted to meet the local market standards (the Australian standards must be a lot tuffer than the US) as for the $120 bucks for the air cleaner it was more like $350AUD. $850 for Race Tuner, $1200 for pipes & $55000 to buy the bike new ($42000USD)

holy crap......

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2005, 12:26:31 PM »

Scott

WOW! You really pay out the butt for stuff down under.............whew! I find that very interesting that they are restricted to meet local market, I was under the impression that the 103 had the stage 1 air cleaner out of NECCESSITY, I didn't think that anything less would allow enough air/gas ratio to even keep the 103 running, thats the excuse that Harley uses to get by the epa tax on the 103s here and fit them with the stage 1 cleaner. You pay about twice as much as us for things like a race tuner ( which buy the way I think a power commander is a better option). I hope that you at least get great service there with the premiums you have to pay...must be alot of sporster riders out there aye?
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2005, 06:12:27 PM »

not really, the average new harley cost 32k (24.5USD) it's just the CVO price that is out of control (I have only seen one other that was at a bike show i went to yesterday calle goldcoast bike week)

Check it out at     www.goldcoastbikeweek.com
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2005, 01:43:13 AM »

Interesting. I just got my bike back from being dyno tuned and custom mapped. You still got me by 1 hp as I am putting out 97.6 but I am getting 107lbs of torque vs your 100. The only difference between our two bikes is the exhaust , I am running Caliber exhaust which apparently dont give me a bigger hp increase but do give me a higher torque lbs..........wierd.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2005, 05:54:04 AM »

Interesting. I just got my bike back from being dyno tuned and custom mapped. You still got me by 1 hp as I am putting out 97.6 but I am getting 107lbs of torque vs your 100. The only difference between our two bikes is the exhaust , I am running Caliber exhaust which apparently dont give me a bigger hp increase but do give me a higher torque lbs..........wierd.

I agree very weird, & as for your installation of the race tuner & dyno tuning well the install is really nothing it takes 10mins , remove seat plug in the racetuner between your bike & lap top & then install a pre set program refit seat done. but as for the dyno tune I was quoted 600 bucks also at my HD stealer & freaked out. I then took it down to Powerhouse Dyno & he just ran it for me & checked it out & told me it was running pretty good (he specializes in power comanders & knows very little about HDRC) but did say spending 600 bucks at HD would probably gain nothing, maybe just fatten up the mid range a little. He only charged me 50 bucks. I thought i would only spend the 600 if I do any other engine mods (pistons, heads, cams & throttle body) but thats another 5 grand! & probably only about 10 - 15Hp gain. It can wait she is still faster than all my mates 88 & 95 twin cams with a lot of work done to them.

I have also made inquires about LED lighting (when will it be enough)
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2005, 10:09:04 AM »

Well now that I am over paying all that money to have it tuned I can say that the bike runs much better than before. Before the air/fuel ratios were all out of whack and the bike was hesitant at some spots esp around 2300 rpms, looking at the dyno sheets, the first run the air/fuel was dropping almost off the chart at around 2300 rpms. So no I did not gain much in HP but what I did gain was the ability to run my bike around town at less than 3 thousand rpms which is what I had to do before to run fairly smoothly. Now it runs better than I could have imagined. I must say I didn't really feel like there was a problem before the tuning since the 103 is new to me, but now that its tuned properly there is a HUGE difference in how smooth it is and how responsive the throttle is comparitively speaking.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.