Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 06 FLSTFSE HP  (Read 8705 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: 06 FLSTFSE HP
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 03:50:51 AM »

Thanks, i am in rockford il and i am willing to travel to get it tuned right. Does anybody have a tuner that they swear by is really really good. Looks like i will be going with the setup below.

575 cams
Heavy breather
Mastertune programmer
Vance&Hines Long Shots   

You'll get a better bottom end with a 2-1.  Several here have been using the FatCats from D&D.  But exhaust is always a trade off one way or another.  The Mastertune is a hardware package that is offered to work with you to do your own tuning.  I think I remember Brian (103Thunder) using a tuner somewhere upstate that he was satisfied with.  Scott Dunbar used a Power Commander tuner named John Golden that is actually from where I am but whom he caught on the rally circuit somewhere much closer to you than here.  Enough people have used the 575 cams that finding someone with a similar setup to yours whose map you could use as an effective stop gap until you got to a tuner might be an option also.

speediseverything

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 01:31:29 PM »

I have found two dyno places close to me, one uses the pc3 and the other uses the race tuner, is one better than the other.   
DREAM AS THOUGH YOU WILL LIVE FOREVER
LIVE AS THOUGH YOU WILL DIE TOMORROW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 01:35:25 PM »

I have found two dyno places close to me, one uses the pc3 and the other uses the race tuner, is one better than the other.   

Different strokes for different folks.  Both get the job done if the tuner is good.  That's the important thing.  Close to you doesn't matter.  Skill of the tuner does.  Ask lots of questions.  Post the names of the shops on the site here asking for others potential experiences working with them.  I'd go many miles for a great tune rather than using an average tuner close to home.

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 04:41:35 PM »

I'll have to pile on here. I used the TMax and worked with the tuning aspect for months and miles. I didn't have some of the issues that others had but it's mapping capability left me looking for more. I took it off and went back to my SERT and Daytona TS/Wego unit. I found this to be far superior.

I sold it to and installed it for a guy with a stock RK. I will say that it made a huge difference in his stock bike but I shy away from recommending the TMax to anyone.

On my stock 05 SEFB I put a set of staggered Rineharts and a SERT. I used the Daytona TS and WEGO for a quick map change just to get the bike out of its lean condition..  after only five 15 minute runs and map changes the bike is way more than what I could ask for. I do a lot of tunes like this but add a few tricks to the ECM map before making the runs. Some of my riding buddies have come to me with Dyno tunes but after working with their bikes in a similar way we have been able to put a huge smile factor and butt pucker back in to their riding again.

I'm not a speed junkie but I do like to play with the throttle and like the feeling that there is way more there if I need it. It now runs like a bat out of heII for me and still gets over 40 MPG.

In closing, again I don't suggest the Tmax but they do make very good products.

speediseverything

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2009, 09:09:55 PM »

Thanks for all the help guys, talked to John Golden http://www.rollingthunderdyno.com/ and it looks like i am going with the setup below and then taking it to Joplin MO for him to work his magic.

Vance & Hines Staggerd Long Shots 
Zippers 575 Cams (per CVO forums)
Head Work (per John Golden)
PC3'R (per John Golden)
HD Heavy Breather Intake (per John Golden)

I will report with the Dyno results when i am finished !!!   :bananarock: :mango: :orange: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21: 

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2009, 09:14:11 PM »

Thanks for all the help guys, talked to John Golden http://www.rollingthunderdyno.com/ and it looks like i am going with the setup below and then taking it to Joplin MO for him to work his magic.

PC3'R (per John Golden)

I will report with the Dyno results when i am finished !!!   :bananarock: :mango: :orange: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21: 
That's interesting that he would suggest headwork for those cams. They were designed specifically to be used w/the stock heads that come w/the CVO 103ci motors. :confused5:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2009, 09:26:53 PM »

...and, not wanting to tell you what to do with your bike but...the price of a PCIII is about what you can get a SERT for now online/ebay. IMO, the SERT is far more superior than the alternative PCIII.

Good luck with your build and ..  hold on tight!   :o

speediseverything

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2009, 10:00:27 PM »

Thanks guys, the reason i am going with the PC3R is because John prefers to work with that one. He said the SERT is a nice piece but the PC3R was more user friendly.  As far as the head work i will just have to trust his experience on the dyno with different mods, i guess thats why i am driving 9 hours each way.   
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 10:02:56 PM by speediseverything »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2009, 10:04:25 PM »

Thanks guys, the reason i am going with the PC3R is because John prefers to work with that one. He said the SERT is a nice piece but the PC3R was more user friendly.  As far as the head work i will just have to trust his experience on the dyno with different mods, i guess thats why i am driving 9 hours each way.   
By all means go w/what your tuner suggests. Good luck, and let us know how it goes. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2009, 10:06:23 PM »

PC3'R (per John Golden)

That's good to see.  Having John tune for you is never a mistake.  He's one of the few absolutely exceptional tuners and is always worth the trip if you're willing to make it.  He's also only minutes from my house.  So whenever you set a time to come get the tune done be sure and let me know.

speediseverything

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2009, 10:17:59 PM »

Will do twolanerider. Thanks for all your help  :2vrolijk_21:

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2009, 02:17:13 AM »

Sorry DJ.  I try to block it out. .....

Twolane, I realize that chit hit the fan over this issue. :furious3: I can usually resist the temtation to shake the bumblebee in a jar, but the dooderator left the door wide open and this little jumping dude  :smilie_staub:  pushed me right through it; I simply couldn’t help myself. :devil:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 09:55:48 AM »

Twolane, I realize that chit hit the fan over this issue. :furious3: I can usually resist the temtation to shake the bumblebee in a jar, but the dooderator left the door wide open and this little jumping dude  :smilie_staub:  pushed me right through it; I simply couldn’t help myself. :devil:

It's ok DJ.  Catharsis is good for the soul.  So you were just doing me a favor :2vrolijk_21: .

Bringing it up again the other evening even reminded me of this thread ( http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12397.msg192586#msg192586 ) .  The enlightenment later shared in that first post (and reaffirmed when you reminded me here the other night) still rings true :huepfenlol2: .
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 21 queries.