Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: change handle bars  (Read 10016 times)

JasonDeezy

• Ride it 'til the wheels fall off...
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Orange you glad it's a CVO?...

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 O/B
Re: change handle bars
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 01:06:24 PM »

A closer view...
King Tour Pack
Roland Sands Design Diesel Wheels 18"/21"
Klock Werks 21" Slicer Fender
Klock Werks 8" FLARE Black Windshield
Hawg Wired DCS/SX System
Cary Faas Racing (CFR) Slipons
Fullsac X-Pipe B
8" Yaffe OEM Monkey Bars & Power Mirrors
TTS Mastertune
Dakota Digital Gauges MCL-3006-R
Carl Brouhard Floorboards (Front & Rear)
   Brake Arm, Brake Pedal
   Heel & Toes Shifter (w/pegs), Shift Arm & Linkage
Kuryakyn License Plate Frame (#9182)
Arlen Ness Deep Cut Grips
Wheeldock EZ-Up Centerstand

JasonDeezy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 01:07:22 PM »

And Paul himself advertising for me!
www.jacksonarms.com
King Tour Pack
Hawg Wired DCS/SX System
Fullsac X-Pipe B
TTS Mastertune
   Brake Arm, Brake Pedal

JasonDeezy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 01:10:21 PM »

I asked him to make me some 8 inchers and he said that they'll make them in any size that you want. It will take about 3 weeks. I'll call them when they get back from the show...
King Tour Pack
Hawg Wired DCS/SX System
Fullsac X-Pipe B
TTS Mastertune
   Brake Arm, Brake Pedal

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, 01:12:58 PM »

Here is a pic of how the bars are measured

The 517's have an 8.5" rise, 31" width, and a 14.5" pullback.

I have reported the "wheel barrel" like feel of these bars. Personally I do not like them. Most customers have chose the 8" (513) , 10.5" (515), or 12(502)" apes over the 517's.

Thank you for the discription on how bars are measured, it is good even though I already knew that.

I also know the measurements of the 517's.  I do not know the measurements of the stock SERG bars.

While the mini apes look very good, I am really looking for a more relaxed riding position.  I have the wild 1 RK II bars on my fatboy.  They are wide and come way back.  I like to sit straight up, leaning on the rider back rest and have my elbows bent slightly whan holding the bars.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2009, 02:29:48 PM »

Thank you for the discription on how bars are measured, it is good even though I already knew that.

I also know the measurements of the 517's.  I do not know the measurements of the stock SERG bars.

While the mini apes look very good, I am really looking for a more relaxed riding position.  I have the wild 1 RK II bars on my fatboy.  They are wide and come way back.  I like to sit straight up, leaning on the rider back rest and have my elbows bent slightly whan holding the bars.

I have the Wild1 RK II bars on my Road King and the 517's provide a similar feel although the grip position is a bit more inward than the RK II bars if that makes sense. I suppose that is why I like the 517's on the SERG, it is an easy transition from one bike to the other and I can maintain a similar riding position.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2009, 02:34:03 PM »

I have the Wild1 RK II bars on my Road King and the 517's provide a similar feel although the grip position is a bit more inward than the RK II bars if that makes sense. I suppose that is why I like the 517's on the SERG, it is an easy transition from one bike to the other and I can maintain a similar riding position.

HeHe!!! That's the same reason I have Apes on ALL (but the Pro Street for now) my bikes! One riding position regardless of the bike I'm on. All my bikes (but the Pro Street for now) have bars/risers setup 16" high off the top of the upper tree. Going between the forward controls on some of my bikes, to mid controls on the others, is enough of a change in riding position for me. But my 2 hot rod street bikes need mid-controls, so they remain on Joy and the Pro Street! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2009, 04:49:08 PM »

HeHe!!! That's the same reason I have Apes on ALL (but the Pro Street for now) my bikes! One riding position regardless of the bike I'm on. All my bikes (but the Pro Street for now) have bars/risers setup 16" high off the top of the upper tree. Going between the forward controls on some of my bikes, to mid controls on the others, is enough of a change in riding position for me. But my 2 hot rod street bikes need mid-controls, so they remain on Joy and the Pro Street! ;)

Hoist! 8)

I can definitely relate. When I owned the 08' CVO Springer, I always had a hard time transitioning from the forward controls to the floorboards with the dual (front/rear) shift peg. There were times when I would be riding the Springer with my feet on the highway pegs and go to shift by the downward motion on the rear shifter and barely stop my feet from hitting the pavement when I realized there was only the forward shifter...boy did I feel stupid and lucky at the same time.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2009, 05:13:55 PM »

I can definitely relate. When I owned the 08' CVO Springer, I always had a hard time transitioning from the forward controls to the floorboards with the dual (front/rear) shift peg. There were times when I would be riding the Springer with my feet on the highway pegs and go to shift by the downward motion on the rear shifter and barely stop my feet from hitting the pavement when I realized there was only the forward shifter...boy did I feel stupid and lucky at the same time.

HeHe!!! That's why I rip the rear shifter off my RK's! Always shift toe only! ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2009, 05:57:22 PM »

Here's a couple pictures of the SERG stock handlebars vs the Wild1 517's...

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2009, 05:57:49 PM »

And another...

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2009, 06:01:14 PM »

The rise seems to be the same, the pullback looks to be 5 inches more than stock.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2009, 08:59:59 AM »

Thank you Guilty, that is exactly what I was looking for.  The pictures are a huge Help.

If the stock bars are not comfortable for me it looks like the 517's are the answer.  I like a lot of pull back like that.  How is the wrist angle for riding, Comforatable?  They look similar to the Wild 1 RK II bars except not quite as wide.

Thanks again.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2009, 09:55:21 AM »

I suppose if a rider were to hold the grips with a "death grip" for a period of time, the wrist position would become uncomfortable or ackward. I ride with a relaxed wrist position and it is plenty comfortable for me. I have read on web forums where people complain about the wrist position on the 517's, personally I don't have any complaints.

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2009, 10:08:14 AM »

HeHe!!! That's why I rip the rear shifter off my RK's! Always shift toe only! ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Hear! Hear!

I find the heel shifter to be a nuisance. It's not comfortable for me to get my heel up on it to shift. I *ALWAYS* take it off. Just me...

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 10:11:37 AM »

I suppose if a rider were to hold the grips with a "death grip" for a period of time, the wrist position would become uncomfortable or ackward. I ride with a relaxed wrist position and it is plenty comfortable for me. I have read on web forums where people complain about the wrist position on the 517's, personally I don't have any complaints.

I can look at the pictures and tell you I would have problems with the WO 517's... the wrist position/angle would give me all kinds of fits.

I've used a Buffalo Bar mini-ape from Drag Specialties on my Road Glides. I had an 8" rise on the '05. My '07 has a 10". These puppies are 39" wide which I love... lots of leverage when steering and the wide riding stance suits me perfectly. They have a lot of pullback, too, but the wrist angle is more perpendicular to the line of the bike.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 22 queries.