Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: CFR (cary faas racing) slip-ons  (Read 16903 times)

Wyatt

CFR (cary faas racing) slip-ons
« on: January 28, 2009, 04:21:19 PM »

Wondering if anyones heard any info about the "cary faas racing" slip-ons? Thinking about putting them on my 09' RK classic???

CVOMOE!!

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • BC

Re: CFR (cary faas racing) slip-ons
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 05:58:24 PM »

He makes a great muffler.  Most of the V-Rod guys in the know are using his 2 into 1.  Sounds great on the V-Rod.

Cheers, Moe
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Banana - Sold
Freedom Tru-duals
Power Commander
Dyno tuned
Now a 107" with Cycle Shack exhaust and Race Tuner
2007 BMW1200GS - What a hoot - Sold May 2010
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 - Sold
2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere - Sold
2014 Yamaha XT250 - Sold
2014 BMW F800GS - Sold
2014 Kawasaki KLX 351
2017 Triumph Explorer 1200
2017 Harley Ultra Classic Ltd

Sean M Cary

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 06:07:14 PM »

Wondering if anyones heard any info about the "cary faas racing" slip-ons? Thinking about putting them on my 09' RK classic???

last name Cary?  Just asking 'cause not many spell it w/o the "e"
 :jack:

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: (2) 2004 SEEG B&B's ECoast & WCoast
    • CVO2: 2000 FLTRSEI B/O/W
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 07:13:00 PM »

Super LOUD, looks great

graygus

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 Teal SEEG - Sold
    • CVO2: 08 Annie SERK - Sold
    • CVO3: 09 SEUC
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 09:31:49 PM »

I have them on my SEUC. They have a real low tone and you can definetly hear them coming. I like them, but I like making a little noise.

Wyatt

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 09:49:39 PM »

I have them on my SEUC. They have a real low tone and you can definitely hear them coming. I like them, but I like making a little noise.

Do you have them matched with any aftermarket parts (ie. headers, PC, SERT, air intake)? I've heard of people having issues with their bikes running too hot. Would you recommend them?

graygus

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 Teal SEEG - Sold
    • CVO2: 08 Annie SERK - Sold
    • CVO3: 09 SEUC
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 10:00:24 PM »

I have a super sert and a zippers max flow filter. I am waiting for my V&H power dual headers to arrive then it will go to the dyno tuner. I have not had heat problems with either of my 110's. Like I said I like my exhaust on the loud side,so if  you are alright with making a little noise you will like the CFR's. I think it is one of the best looking mufflers as well.

Wyatt

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 11:22:19 PM »

I have a super sert and a zippers max flow filter. I am waiting for my V&H power dual headers to arrive then it will go to the dyno tuner. I have not had heat problems with either of my 110's. Like I said I like my exhaust on the loud side,so if  you are alright with making a little noise you will like the CFR's. I think it is one of the best looking mufflers as well.

Planning on doing the same (AC, PC, klock werk headers). Just wanted to know what others thought about his pipes. If you get a chance, let me know how the headers turn out. On the loud side is fine with me... Any performance gains?

Zipper104

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 02:52:57 PM »

I would watch out if you're going to run aftermarket headers (true duals) on a close to, or otherwise stock motor. I had a set on my 95" HQ build and they were great except I felt they were too loud.
A friend of mine tried them on an '08 SG (96") with 211 cams, SERT, and Bassani Powercurve headpipes. Could not be tuned, period. Bad stumble off idle.
They went over to a friend with another '08 SG (103") with 255 cams, SERT, and Samson TDs. Just fine.
I've seen them on stock bikes, and heavily modded bikes, but the key seems to be staying with stock headers on anything less than a strong build.

Nothing out there sounds like a set of CFRs. They were just too loud for where I reside. I have gone to a set of SE stock muffs with a 2" Fullsac recore. No apparent loss of power where it counts and a full 7 db less at idle than the CFRs.

Z

Wyatt

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 05:09:54 PM »

I would watch out if you're going to run aftermarket headers (true duals) on a close to, or otherwise stock motor. I had a set on my 95" HQ build and they were great except I felt they were too loud.
A friend of mine tried them on an '08 SG (96") with 211 cams, SERT, and Bassani Powercurve headpipes. Could not be tuned, period. Bad stumble off idle.
They went over to a friend with another '08 SG (103") with 255 cams, SERT, and Samson TDs. Just fine.
I've seen them on stock bikes, and heavily modded bikes, but the key seems to be staying with stock headers on anything less than a strong build.

Nothing out there sounds like a set of CFRs. They were just too loud for where I reside. I have gone to a set of SE stock muffs with a 2" Fullsac recore. No apparent loss of power where it counts and a full 7 db less at idle than the CFRs.

Z

I talked with cary the other day and he said the same thing (about keeping stock headers). Apparently, he's coming out with headers specifically for his mufflers. Thanks for the advice Z

BUCKEYE

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 04:23:04 PM »

Great exhaust. I just received my set for my '09 CUSE4. Have not installed them yet. It's this weekend's project. I also run the CFR on my '07 Night Rod Special. I don't think there is a pipe out there with the low rumble this pipe has. Great fit and finish. Pictures will be up this weekend. I have the same bike as graygus, silver / blue.

BUCKEYE

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 07:03:02 AM »

Great exhaust. I just received my set for my '09 CUSE4. Have not installed them yet. It's this weekend's project. I also run the CFR on my '07 Night Rod Special. I don't think there is a pipe out there with the low rumble this pipe has. Great fit and finish. Pictures will be up this weekend. I have the same bike as graygus, silver/blue.

Pics of CFR's on. Great sound. No problem with installation, bolt right up.

BUCKEYE

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 07:04:15 AM »

Another view.

BUCKEYE

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 07:05:24 AM »

Close up.

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
CFR Slip-Ons
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 08:36:22 AM »

Just had my Reinhart's removed and had a pair of CFR Slip-Ons installed and now I have a whole new riding experience!! These pipes are awesome and what a rumble!! Kasper has now become mean!!! P.S. They also look Great from the back. I will take a picture and post it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 02:15:19 PM by DESERTBEAR54 »
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.