Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ground Clearance  (Read 1960 times)

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
Ground Clearance
« on: September 24, 2005, 08:35:49 PM »

Anyone having problems with ground clearance? I was always scraping my floor boards until I changed to forwared controls. but now I find I am scraping the side stand on the left & the brake pedal on the right
« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 05:14:21 PM by 103tHunDer »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
Re: Ground Clearance
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 01:49:32 PM »

The CVO fatoby is lowered in the rear one inch versus a stock fatboy, the front is the same as stock, if you want to raise the back just switch to some stock rear shocks.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

UltraCVO

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • Psychological treatments over the phone
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 07:28:10 AM »

Anyone having problems with ground clearance? I was always scraping my floor boards until I changed to forwared controls. but now I find I am scraping the side stand on the left & the brake pedal on the right  (I dont like grinding away my CVO). I have come to the conclusion I will have to raise the bike up a little, as in standard form I have 4 1/4 inches under the frame (I had to modify my bike lifter to get under it) is it possible to lift the rear a little (I weigh about 220lb) I dont seem to have much travel in the rear suspension(bottoms out alot on bumps & dips in the road). Also I noticed Mick the Pick has fitted longer fork tubes to his (how much longer & how much ground clearance added) would this effect the handling. But in saying all this I also dont want to change the look of the bike too much. Any suggestions
Are FLSTFSE forks the same length as standard Fatboy forks & are the rear shocks the same as standard Fatboys?
 [smiley=help.gif] [smiley=book2.gif] [smiley=huh2.gif]

See my reply under lean angle [smiley=1syellow1.gif]
06 Honda Fireblade
06 SLK 55
07 FLHRSE3

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 07:16:54 AM »

The CVO fatoby is lowered in the rear one inch versus a stock fatboy, the front is the same as stock, if you want to raise the back just switch to some stock rear shocks.

I decided to buy a pair of 2inch longer fork tubes & slider covers to see how much it would help as it was  fairly cheap as far as Harley parts go.
So on Saturday morning I stripped down the font end & replaced the tubes,seals, oil & slider covers & reassembled. It did not seem to look much different but on closer inspection you could see it had raised the front up a bit. Time to test ride
Went for a ride (about 100miles) highway & around town & did not scrape once. Very happy with the mod. This week I think I wil try & lift the rear about 3/4 inch and see how it looks as I did notice while working on the bike I had scraped the end of the pipes on the road (I think this was riding 2up & hit a bump while cornering) but I still think I should raise it a little

[smiley=jalapeno.gif]
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 07:18:53 AM »

pic 2
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 07:20:08 AM »

pic 3
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2005, 06:17:29 AM »

I fitted
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 06:18:13 AM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.