Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Power Commander V  (Read 2787 times)

Wild Bill

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2
    • CVO2: 2006 VRSCSE2 - Sold
    • CVO3: 2009 Buell Blast - OK not a CVO but fun
Power Commander V
« on: April 29, 2009, 12:50:16 PM »

Anyone install a power commander V (the new one) on a FLSTFSE2?  Does it mount under the seat or in front of the mud flap?

Any advice is appreciated.

unclejaz

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2
Re: Power Commander V
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 05:02:39 PM »

Hi,I have not but was wondering if you are going to spend all the money for the wide band sensors?I believe SERT or [Mastertune better choice because you can return it to stock if you need to]would be a better choice.If you do not have wide band sensors you would still need to have it tuned, and I am not sure but I would guess it dose not adjust
the timing automatically.I would admit It dose sound cool with a lot of features.If you find out more or try it yourself please let us know.
                                       Ride safe James
James

Smuuth

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE³
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 06:23:20 PM »

Anyone install a power commander V (the new one) on a FLSTFSE2?  Does it mount under the seat or in front of the mud flap?

The Power Commander V has to mount next to the ECM.  So wherever the ECM is on your FLSTFSE2 will be where the Power Commander will mount. 
Hi,I have not but was wondering if you are going to spend all the money for the wide band sensors?I believe SERT or [Mastertune better choice because you can return it to stock if you need to]would be a better choice.If you do not have wide band sensors you would still need to have it tuned, and I am not sure but I would guess it dose not adjust
the timing automatically.I would admit It dose sound cool with a lot of features.If you find out more or try it yourself please let us know.
                                       Ride safe James

I believe instructions for the Power Commander V call for removing the O2 sensors unless you also buy the Autotune modules.
Patriot Guard

The best thing about riding in the rain is you don't have to stop to piss.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 08:03:42 PM »

I have not either, but I did have a PC III installed & it fitted nicely between the battery & the stock ECM (after lowering the fuse box)

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

fatty4x4

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 11:32:17 PM »

On the flstfse2 it must be mounted under the mudflap. The flstfse1 it may fit under the seat. I think the narrow tire on the 05 allows for room under the seat.
I tried everything to fit mine under the seat..no way no how.

Wild Bill

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2
    • CVO2: 2006 VRSCSE2 - Sold
    • CVO3: 2009 Buell Blast - OK not a CVO but fun
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 11:22:53 AM »

All,

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm not sure what I'll do...

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 22 queries.