Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: 4 months wait, check out the quality...stinks!  (Read 2987 times)

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
4 months wait, check out the quality...stinks!
« on: November 08, 2005, 09:33:13 AM »

Here is a few pics of the fender I waited 4 months for. Some may remember me complaining about the wait wondering if I will ever get it. I guess the new question is how long to wait for another one??Is anyone elses fender this shape??? [smiley=oops.gif]
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
Re: 4 months wait, check out the quality...stinks!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 09:33:53 AM »

another
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 09:34:44 AM »

another
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 09:39:04 AM »

Sefatboyscott, I am so sorry to see this.  It is so easy to ship it the right way, looks like the company who sent this out, picked the wrong way.  Four more months?  I really empathise with you.  

:'(

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 09:39:42 AM »

Hmmm. That is the exact way my fender on my old Fat Boy looked after I backed into a small tree. :'( If that's the way they (MoCo) is selling them new maybe I should mark my damaged fender as new and return it for credit.  ;D

IMHO that doesn't look quite right.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 10:44:05 AM »

whats crazy is the clear coat is not cracked and it looks like the fender was a bit twisted before the paint was applied and the shipping box has no dents and is in perfect shape........this happened before shipping! The QC guys are really on top of things huh?
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 11:34:40 AM »

Scott,
Send a PM to Mobe.  At one time he had a contact at the painters that sped up the process for him after many many paint issues.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 08:02:40 PM »

Scott,

looks to me that it got dropped right on the edge at some point, which made the tip of the fender buckle under. hell, it would not take much to bend it if someone carelessly dropped it on end before shipping?
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005, 10:42:08 PM »

I decided I will keep this fender. I managed to get it mostly straight again with some gentle persuation without doing any apparent damage to the paint. I will just cover the imperfections with

59369-97

Rear

Fits '90-later FLSTF models.

Gold Two-Tone

MSRP US $29.95
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 12:12:44 AM »

I decided I will keep this fender.

You should've been allowed to keep this one as an interim replacement while they got you another one that was right.  And the little covers should have been freebies for the incompetence and delay.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005, 02:05:33 AM »

Are you really satisfied with "mostly straight" and with giving H-D another $30 of your hard-earned money to cover up a flaw in the paint of your high-dollar, limited-production, motorcycle that shouldn't have been there to begin with by using a part that may or may not give you the look you want after it's installed? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005, 03:36:31 AM »

I decided I will keep this fender. I managed to get it mostly straight again with..........

I thought your fender was damaged before you picked your brand new bike up. Does your stealer not have to do the warranty work & return the damaged fender to HD. Why are you even fitting the fender?

Cheers [smiley=drink.gif]
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2005, 10:32:38 AM »

Are you really satisfied with "mostly straight" and with giving H-D another $30 of your hard-earned money to cover up a flaw in the paint of your high-dollar, limited-production, motorcycle that shouldn't have been there to begin with by using a part that may or may not give you the look you want after it's installed? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

You hit it on the head 103, why would you except anything less than perfect?

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2005, 12:03:49 PM »

The whole story is this. I baught the bike and it had a small chip in the rear fender. Since then I have moved half way across the country since waiting on the fender. Could I go through the trouble of getting my new local dealer to do the work, probably. But I would rather trust my bike in my own hands than someone else and I can do it myself with no problems. As far as getting a new fender, they probably would send me a new fender again but I waited close to 5 mnths for this one and I guess I could wait another 5 mnths for yet another fender but it hardly seems worth it to me. I have the original fender still and now this new one. I did manage to get it looking pretty good, you would be hard pressed to notice its not totally perfect.With all the other problems I am having...........mainly fighting my local dealer to fix what got messed up in his parking lot, the rear fender is the least of the problems and I just want that chapter closed that is why I opted to just get the fender trim. I am hoping that the dealer who sold me the bike will send me the part free of charge, I let them know how I want to resolve it and now I am awaiting an answer.

I also want to mention that the Dealer I purchased my bike from was Century Harley in Medina Ohio. They have been great to us. I have baught 4 bikes from them this year and always recieved nothing but the best treatment and service. I recommend them to anyone. The dealers in my new local area don't have that same feeling when you walk in. At Century we became sort of family quick. I know everyone who works there and they all know us. I guess that will happen when you total out about 100g spent in less than 6 mnths there.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 12:09:39 PM by sefatboyscott »
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005, 09:08:06 AM »

Here is a few pics of the fender I waited 4 months for. Some may remember me complaining about the wait wondering if I will ever get it. I guess the new question is how long to wait for another one??Is anyone elses fender this shape??? [smiley=oops.gif]

Sorry to say but this may be the usual complaint you will here from anyone who has ever had to deal with HD and paint issues with a CVO bike. My husband had a 2003 SE Road King, had paint issues right from the day he picked it up. Saddlebags and side covers color just didn't quite match the rest of the bike. Was real noticible out in the sun light. Those items were a lighter color of gold than the rest of the bike. After 5 tries and 18 months it still didn't match proper. He ended up trading for a 2005 SE Electra Glide the day I went in and purchased my SE Fat Boy. Hope your second time around with them turns out to be a better one. Sandy
Sandy :)

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2005, 01:07:14 PM »

Hey Sandy,

If you got a chance to catch up on the forum you will see that this fender issue is the least of my problems.now I am waiting for a frame!...I hope it comse faster than the fender or I am out for the remainer of the year and a good portion of next!
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2005, 07:39:26 AM »

Hey Sandy,

If you got a chance to catch up on the forum you will see that this fender issue is the least of my problems.now I am waiting for a frame!...I hope it comse faster than the fender or I am out for the remainer of the year and a good portion of next!

Man that's aweful. Maybe you need to check into the lemon laws in your state and check into seeing what they will do for you towards a new SE Fatty. That's an aweful lot wrong with a new bike. I do hope if you keep it they can sattisfy you. As I said in the last post it took us 18 months and about 5 tries and my husband paint was still off. They sent out 4/5 sets of saddlebags and lids and I beleive 3/4 side covers. Still didn't look right. From everything we have heard on the internet forums and from our dealer I can see why that happens. It seems that the fiberglass/plastic parts of these bikes are painted in one part of the plant and the metal parts in another. How the heck do they think they can get a real good match doing that. At least one would think they would have some sort of quality control person doing a very close inspection to make sure these paints schemes look good before they leave the plant. After all we are paying a lot more for these rides over the stock ones. We do want our monies worth! Hope your not left waiting too very long.  [smiley=nervous.gif]  Sandy

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2005, 08:38:37 AM »

Hey Sandy,

Well now it looks like I'm also waiting on a new fender. I ordered a Corbin Gunfigther seat to use on my bike for the longer rides. We added it to the bike on Wednesday. Went to take some of the Clear Protective covering off the rear fender that was exposed with this seat. It almost looks like HD added the clear covering before the paint was totally set, then threw the seat on and tightened it down really tight. Seems one edge of the chrome tail piece dug into the paint leaving a big ugly wrinkle that's raised up quite a bit. Doesn't go through the paint to the metal, but it's very unslghtly. My dealer took lots of good close up pictures to send to HD. He said they may ask him to try and buff it out. But my husband is a automobile dealer and has a lot of experience with body shop work, where he got his start. He doesn't think it will buff out without messing the paint up around it and possibly burning through to raw metal. So the waiting game is on for me to see what happends and what I end up with.  >:(  Sandy

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2005, 08:57:15 AM »

Sandy, I've heard it can be tough to get them to warranty something that is hidden, no matter how bad it may be.  I think there is a post or two around here to that affect, though I tried to find them and couldn't.  Sounds like this problem area is hidden with the stock seat but not the Corbin, right?  I'm thinking that may be a sticking point with H-D, but I'm hoping for the best.

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2005, 05:39:31 PM »

Sandy, I've heard it can be tough to get them to warranty something that is hidden, no matter how bad it may be.  I think there is a post or two around here to that affect, though I tried to find them and couldn't.  Sounds like this problem area is hidden with the stock seat but not the Corbin, right?  I'm thinking that may be a sticking point with H-D, but I'm hoping for the best.

From the sound of things my problem may not be their first. HD is going to warranty it. My dealer has a parts & labor order waiting. HD wants them to try first to have someone repaint the black area involved. Our body shop is one of the best around, our HD dealer said it was OK for them to do the work if we wanted them to. They can repaint and blend the black area underneath the seat and then clear coat the whole thing again to make everything look as it should. Then HD is also sending me a new-updated rear portion of this chrome seat. One that now has rubber pads/bumpers added so it want harm the fender again. Now just need to get it into the shop and back out while we're not riding. :) Sandy
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.