Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gas mileage on the SE Fat Bob  (Read 2386 times)

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
Gas mileage on the SE Fat Bob
« on: March 30, 2009, 12:16:20 AM »

I'm not a hot rodder by any means. As a matter of fact I drive for economy most of the time. I'm getting 38.5 on average. Just wondering what others are getting. Must have been my imagination but I thought my 1st or 2nd tank netted 50 MPG. Bike seems to have settled in at the high 30's.
  Gary

2fatbob09

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Gas mileage on the SE Fat Bob
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 04:58:30 PM »

I average 40 and ride it like I stole it.  Did you make any modifications to the power train??

dillhl

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 07:33:11 AM »

Gary,
 I just got one and have ran two tanks though her and I am around 38 miles to the gal. i weight 213lbs and have a windshield.
if lose the windshield and some weight i think the mileage will improve. also is your driving a round town or hwy ? good riding dillhl

2fatbob09

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 06:59:43 PM »

I get 42 mpg with SE slip-ons (blunt revolvers)and a SERT. The bike is also quicker. I also ride it like I stole it. It's a Screamin' Eagle and it is best to keep it that way boys. Don't mess with too many after market accessories. For what it's worth, adding after market to the power train other than SE also lowers the value of the CVO.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 09:20:18 AM by 2fatbob09 »

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 07:49:23 PM »

Gary,
 I just got one and have ran two tanks though her and I am around 38 miles to the gal. i weight 213lbs and have a windshield.
if lose the windshield and some weight i think the mileage will improve. also is your driving a round town or hwy ? good riding dillhl

Mostly backroads, 45 to 55 mph. Occasionaly I do some interstate riding and while you may already have found this out, this bike is as smooth as my SG once it gets above 65 MPH. Since I last posted I have installed a PCV and the mileage jumped to at about 45 mpg. I was told to expect a 2/3 mpg loss from FuelMoto but it really increased a good bit. I've also stopped using 6th gear as much and that has helped the mileage. Got 48+ mpg one day last week. If I'm playing, I'm getting around 40 mpg.
   Gary

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 22 queries.