Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any reputable dyno/tuners close to Pittsburgh?  (Read 1555 times)

05_Candyman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Any reputable dyno/tuners close to Pittsburgh?
« on: February 21, 2006, 03:25:03 PM »

I'd like to finally get this thing tuned right (other than the factory map already downloaded) and I don't know anyone trustworthy around here.  

05_Candyman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Any reputable dyno/tuners close to Pittsburgh?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 11:48:49 PM »

I must live in the wrong town to ask this question, but thanks (for nothing) anyway. :'(

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 07:59:59 PM »

You asked reputable/Pittsburgh and were flooded with the answer.  ;D

Actually if you look at the member's map I don't think there a lot of Pitt area member's.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Maybe you could run it over to Roeder's In Sandusky, Ohio they have a very good reputation and specialize in performance type work.

Good Luck!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 08:44:34 PM »

you could ride to Daytona, enjoy bike week and while you're there look up Twolane's neighbor Rolling Thunder (John G)  he is the best in the business  

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 09:38:24 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, 05_Candyman,
  Like the other respondants, I don't know anyone in that area.  I can tell you, 7 1/2 hrs. South of you, is Tilley Harley-Davidson, in Statesville, NC.  They are the Best, at least for me.  Harley-Davidson of WV, in Charleston, WV, may be a little closer than Roeder's, (who also has a good reputation), but you would have to look.  I could help you get an appointment at Tilley's, but don't have any pull at the other two.  Good Luck!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Later--HUBBARD  
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

05_Candyman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 07:49:20 PM »

Thanks guys, yeah ... I guess "the 'burgh" isn't the most happening place for what I asked unless you're talking about football champs (which I'm SICK of hearing). ;D

I never looked at the member's map since I joined here ... Believe it or not, I think I only saw one other member from the burgh in here, but that was ages ago. I'd love to ride around down south if it wasn't soooo cold to get there from here. I was just out for a spin today and 32* got a little chilly after an hour or so.

I've been playing around with my baffles and my butt dyno says I helped the low-end torque a tad. I suppose I should wait til this summer for a tune anyhow since I plan on scrapping the Rineharts for the D&D 2 into 1 (with the falsie) ... I'd love to feel all that torque down low where I want it plus I've heard nothing but good about that pipe.  

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 12:03:50 AM »

05_Candyman,

Have you checked out Unbalanced's report on the Fat Cat with the new Zipper's 575 cam combo? If you like torque the result's were pretty impressive. Additionally, he has a map available for that combo using a Race Tuner. Or if you prefer to add the Zipper's Thundermax ECM they could send it to you premapped. Either way the base map would be very close to ideal and when you find the right dyno guru they could tweak it a bit for you.

Good luck!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Fatboy

zwild

• Bad to the bone!
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 08:04:12 PM »

I'd like to finally get this thing tuned right (other than the factory map already downloaded) and I don't know anyone trustworthy around here.
04 FLHTCSE Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide, HD EFI race tuner, SE high flow air cleaner, V&H True Duels w/oval slip-ons, & lots of extra goodies. dyno tuned # 96 hp & 100 ftp tourque, not bad for a stock ride!
83 FXWG 93ci stroker, cus

tedcarnut

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 09:04:44 AM »

Hi! I'm from the Pittsburgh area and was reading your message boards. Did you find a good dyno shop in the area? Highland Harley in Somerset has a dyno.  Ted

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.