Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Has any one tried the Pirelli-night dragon tires?  (Read 3741 times)

screamin eagle

Has any one tried the Pirelli-night dragon tires?
« on: January 17, 2011, 12:58:12 PM »

I currently have the Avon Cobra tire on the rear and was wondering about putting the pirelli 140/75/17 on the front. Avon does not make a 140 for the front only a 150/80/17. I think it will fit but but will be a tight fit.

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
Re: Has any one tried the Pirelli-night dragon tires?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 06:58:15 PM »

Sorry I don't know if the Pirelli tire will fit. I just wanted to say I really like your Fatboy. I have been wanting to get one like it for the wife and I to play around with. Trying to save-up $. Or also thought maybe it would be better if I got a used 08 or 09 Fatboy and built it my way? Is there anything you don't like or would change about your 06CVO Fatboy? If you have time to post or PM me any thoughts. Thanks
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

BG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Slate w/ Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLSTN Softail Deluxe Vivid Black with a crap load of Chrome (wifes)
    • CVO3: I can only hope....
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 06:45:03 PM »

Sorry I don't know if the Pirelli tire will fit. I just wanted to say I really like your Fatboy. I have been wanting to get one like it for the wife and I to play around with. Trying to save-up $. Or also thought maybe it would be better if I got a used 08 or 09 Fatboy and built it my way? Is there anything you don't like or would change about your 06CVO Fatboy? If you have time to post or PM me any thoughts. Thanks

For me it was the seat and lean angle were the two problems with mine.  It seemed like anytime I took a turn to hard I was scrapping the floorboards on mine.  The was the other big issue.  I really like the chrome surround so I wanted to keep the original seat.  I had to have mine custom done with gel, which still wasn't the greatest but it was better than stock.  If you don't mind getting rid of the chrome seat surround then this won't be a problem, I really liked it but to each there own.  Other than that for me the bike was wonderful, never had a problem out of it.

As for building an 08 or 09 fatboy verses the CVO I would definately go the CVO route.  You can get a low milage SE Fatboy if you look for not too much more that a used regular fatboy.  The SE Fatboy gives you such a great start and you can get good power out of the 103 with a cam, pipes, and tune.  Thunder Creek HD did all of mine and did a great job, I ended up getting pretty good numbers out of my 05 SE Fatboy.  Just my .02
No trees were harmed during the posting of this topic, but some electrons were greatly disturbed.

What's that you say?!?!  Let me put on my glasses....I can't hear so good without my glasses!!

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 02:07:20 PM »

For me it was the seat and lean angle were the two problems with mine.  It seemed like anytime I took a turn to hard I was scrapping the floorboards on mine.  The was the other big issue.  I really like the chrome surround so I wanted to keep the original seat.  I had to have mine custom done with gel, which still wasn't the greatest but it was better than stock.  If you don't mind getting rid of the chrome seat surround then this won't be a problem, I really liked it but to each there own.  Other than that for me the bike was wonderful, never had a problem out of it.

As for building an 08 or 09 fatboy verses the CVO I would definately go the CVO route.  You can get a low milage SE Fatboy if you look for not too much more that a used regular fatboy.  The SE Fatboy gives you such a great start and you can get good power out of the 103 with a cam, pipes, and tune.  Thunder Creek HD did all of mine and did a great job, I ended up getting pretty good numbers out of my 05 SE Fatboy.  Just my .02
BG, I am leaning toward getting a CVO Fatboy. I also like the chrome around the seat and would want to keep it like that if at all possible. While researching the CVO Fatboy's I have seen some that people changed to seats and to me they looked awful. The only extra an 08 or 09 would have would be a 6-speed trans, that I can think of. The CVO would also be a CVO but a regular Fatboy would just be a Fatboy no matter how much I changed it. Thanks
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

screamin eagle

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 04:28:08 PM »

As you can see I have not been able to respond to your question. I have been very busy at work, I did purchase the night dragon tire and love it. I like every thing about the CVO fatboy now that I have made it my way. As you can see from the photo, I changed the seat insert(alligator Bob) and added gel pad to it.
 The motor was completely redone at Zippers at 8000 miles. They installed a 113 kit, realigned the crank and balanced it, timken bearing,54mm throttle body,657 cams, gear driven and thunder max auto tune. I also added the traxxion upgrade to the front end. All new PM brake calipers 6 piston on the front. It still runs great with 33,000 mile on it.
 I have done a lot of other little things to it but you can see that I really like it my way and would not buy a basic fat boy and try to make it a CVO.

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.