Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FLSTFSE Progressive Monotube and 422 Shock Upgrade  (Read 2859 times)

dont57

• VA

• CVO1: FLHRSE4 (#1253)
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE
FLSTFSE Progressive Monotube and 422 Shock Upgrade
« on: April 13, 2011, 03:04:00 PM »

Just finished upgrading the wife's FLSTFSE suspension with standard height Progressive Monotubes and 422 rear shocks.  It took about 2 hours for the front end and about the same for the rear.  Biggest problem in the rear was wrenching the rear shock bolts, which Snap-On has a tool for.  I found it pretty straight forward removing the lower plastic fender shroud in front of the rear tire and getting to the shock bolts that way utilizing a box end wrench. 

Front Monotube shock setup: I used one of the provided pre-load shims in the front monotubes, followed the provided instructions.
       - Result is the front end has much less dive, is firmer but not harsh when hitting ruts and bumps, great value for ~$260.00 (Phat
         Performance).

Rear Shock setup:  I backed the pre-load off completely for lightest setting and adjusted the 2 inches of ride height to stock FLSTF setting, about an inch taller than factory FLSTFSE.  These settings were made final after a number of test rides and adjustment.  The wife is tall 5' 11" and around 140 lbs, did I say that out-loud?
       - Result is with the rider the bike sits close to standard FLSTFSE ride height, bike is firm but not jarring like the stock shocks, dampining is
         spot on for compression and rebound.  Good value for $385.00 (Phat Performance).
T-Man Heads (Doc's Special)
TTS Mastertune, Doc's performance tune
FULLSAC 2" Baffles
Zipper's MaxFlow AC
Andrews 54 CAM, HD SE adj. pushrods/hyd. lifters
Progressive Monotubes & 940 shocks
SMC Smooth Rider Stabilizer
DeadCenter fairing & HD hardbags, Paint by Volanski
Pioneer AVH5200BT/Polk 500W Amp

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.