Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stock Clutch?  (Read 2598 times)

rhallman

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Stock Clutch?
« on: June 26, 2011, 10:51:25 AM »

What is the stock clutch part number in a 2005 CVO Fatboy?  Im looking to upgrade...but not sure what is stock in it right now.

Thanks...
Rich

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Stock Clutch?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 12:09:33 PM »

What is the stock clutch part number in a 2005 CVO Fatboy?  Im looking to upgrade...but not sure what is stock in it right now.

Thanks...
Rich

The part number for the complete assembly is 37806-03, which is the hydraulicly actuated version of the standard Harley clutch.  The differences between this and the clutch in a regular bike include the pressure plate and bearing to accomodate the nonadjustable pushrod (sold separately), and a heavier spring.  The hub, plates, etc. are the same as a standard clutch.

When you say upgrade, what do you mean by that?  Just better plates, stronger spring, or a complete clutch replacement?  It can get complicated, since many offerings aren't compatible with the hydraulic clutch.  Some of the guys on the site can help steer you in the right direction once you let us know exactly what you're looking to do.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

rhallman

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 01:24:36 PM »

Thanks for the update....

I'm looking at the Rivera Primo Pro Clutch system which has a model for the CVO.  I thought the CVO already had an updated clutch, but looks like its just the pressure clip that might be the SE model.    Has anyone upgraded to the Rivera Primo Pro Clutch and not needed the press?  The instructions show you need a press to remove the old Clutch hub from the clutch basket.  I looked at the Baker Street Performance Clutch as well....but not sure it will work on the Hydraulic Clutch.

Thanks...Rich

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 01:37:11 PM »

Thanks for the update....

I'm looking at the Rivera Primo Pro Clutch system which has a model for the CVO.  I thought the CVO already had an updated clutch, but looks like its just the pressure clip that might be the SE model.    Has anyone upgraded to the Rivera Primo Pro Clutch and not needed the press?  The instructions show you need a press to remove the old Clutch hub from the clutch basket.  I looked at the Baker Street Performance Clutch as well....but not sure it will work on the Hydraulic Clutch.

Thanks...Rich

Anytime changing the clutch hub you need a press, and a pretty good snap ring tool.  The Baker Scorpion and the Rivera Primo kits change the hub as part of their clutch kits.

A question you might ask Rivera before moving to purchase: They at least used to not have a clutch pushrod that was correct for the hydraulic clutch bikes even though they offered a "hydraulic clutch kit."  You had to grind down your pushrod to make it fit and had to do some unspecified amount "until it fit." 

It's been quite awhile since I dealt with one of their kits.  So easily could have changed since.  But worth finding out as that was a major pain in the ass before.

Page created in 0.377 seconds with 21 queries.