Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best LED lights for 2010 ConV? Help!  (Read 1721 times)

n2mycvo

• Junior CVO Member
Best LED lights for 2010 ConV? Help!
« on: January 29, 2012, 07:08:42 PM »

I want to purchase a good pair of LEDs for my 2010 ConV; both front and back.  I am willing to pay for the best. Any suggestions?

pm203

• Full CVO Member
Re: Best LED lights for 2010 ConV? Help!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 10:15:46 PM »

There was a thread on this. if you do a search, you will get some useful info. I have the Kuryakyn's and like them alot.

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 01:14:06 PM »

n2mycvo,

Custom Dynamics has a very nice set and developed a custom load equalizer for the ConV that keeps the turn signal flash function when the alarm is armed / triggered. I have them installed in the front and back and they make quite a difference. You can see the pics in this thread:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=57623.msg822793#msg822793

Make sure you tell them you have a 2010 Convertible so you get the right connectors and load balancer. The install is plug & Play with no wire cutting necessary.

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 02:43:27 PM »

n2mycvo,

Custom Dynamics has a very nice set and developed a custom load equalizer for the ConV that keeps the turn signal flash function when the alarm is armed / triggered. I have them installed in the front and back and they make quite a difference. You can see the pics in this thread:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=57623.msg822793#msg822793

Make sure you tell them you have a 2010 Convertible so you get the right connectors and load balancer. The install is plug & Play with no wire cutting necessary.

MikeV
I have the same ones and one of the front ones quit blinking so I sent it in for repair.  Custom Dynamics took care of it very fast.  I'm happy with them and they're very bright.  Guys in my club that ride behind me think I'm riding the brake.
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

Proud50

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 12:59:36 AM »

I also purchased the Custom Dynamics kits for FLSTSE.   Installation was easy.   Took me a few minutes to figure out the clip holding the connector down under the seat.   It's easy to see once its off.   It slides and then pops off.  I had to loosen the screw holding the cable to get enough play in the cable to install the new controller.    I ordered with the smoke covers since the LED's are red and look bright at night, but the smoke covers look so much better in the day.  The LED's will be marked amber and red.   I didn't noticed till I was installing the 2nd LED and had to remove.    Thought I'd share my install tips.   

john tolbert

• john tolbert
  • show winner x 2 best in show
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 05:57:38 PM »

Hello I have had 5 cvo 's in the past 5 years. I have a convertible now if you will go to my wall on face book look up john tolbert in marion illinois. you will see what I have done with mine. your bike has a load equalizer built into your system I always buy the bike and have it customized before it leaves the shop go to face book look at mine and let me know what u think. I have several take off parts for sale as well. tke a look   618-713-8240

n2mycvo

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 12:59:26 AM »

Hello I have had 5 cvo 's in the past 5 years. I have a convertible now if you will go to my wall on face book look up john tolbert in marion illinois. you will see what I have done with mine. your bike has a load equalizer built into your system I always buy the bike and have it customized before it leaves the shop go to face book look at mine and let me know what u think. I have several take off parts for sale as well. tke a look   618-713-8240

Thank you. I do not do the Facebook thing.  However, my husband does so I'll check you out.

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 11:10:18 AM »

Hey John I sent you a facebook friend request.  It's John Hutton.  I have a 2010 CVO Softail Convertible.
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 12:26:17 AM »

I had the Kurycrappin ones.  Load equalizers blew out every 3-4 months and went through 2 controllers.  Kurt would not stand behind them and told me it was normal.  Told me that using the flashers was killing the load equalizers.  WTF??

Went to Custom Dynamics setup.  No issues much brighter than Kury and brighter than Harley.

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 10:12:14 AM »

dmnrdn,

You will not have that issue with the Custom Dynamics lights. I installed mine in December 2010 and they have worked perfectly ever since. I am not sure about the other lights you tried but with the Custom D's the blink timing and alarm flash function is retained.

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 03:24:39 PM »

dmnrdn,

You will not have that issue with the Custom Dynamics lights. I installed mine in December 2010 and they have worked perfectly ever since. I am not sure about the other lights you tried but with the Custom D's the blink timing and alarm flash function is retained.

MikeV

Thanks for info.  I have used other CD products and have found them to be The Best.  Just wish I had not wasted my money on the Kurycrappin Junk first.

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 22 queries.