Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: CFR Exhaust (Cary Faas Racing) - First Impressions  (Read 46598 times)

Ultra orange

• CVO1: 2012 ultra electric orange
Re: CFR Exhaust (Cary Faas Racing) - First Impressions
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2012, 09:49:00 AM »

Thanks I will look into the restricted cfr's.

BlackDiamond11

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 06:46:06 PM »

Does anyone have opinion regarding the difference in sound between the Fullsac power cores vs CFR's?  I was told by the dealer that basically there would not be much difference in sound at all.  The CFR's really have my attention.  I have heard nothing but positive things regarding the sound. 

+RO@D*R@GE+

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2012, 02:45:43 AM »

love the way the CFR's sound...not a big fan of the megaphone look!!! also I hear nothing but problems in trying to tune it in....very wide open with an open header ( no cats)
sounds like a v-8 but not sure of the power and torque
Don't talk about it....Be about it!!!
2012 cvo road glide maple
Fullsac DX headers
CFR Mufflers
TTS tuner

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2012, 08:30:44 AM »

love the way the CFR's sound...not a big fan of the megaphone look!!! also I hear nothing but problems in trying to tune it in....very wide open with an open header ( no cats)
sounds like a v-8 but not sure of the power and torque

X2

YELLOWBIRD
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2012, 09:43:53 AM »

Does anyone have opinion regarding the difference in sound between the Fullsac power cores vs CFR's?  I was told by the dealer that basically there would not be much difference in sound at all.  The CFR's really have my attention.  I have heard nothing but positive things regarding the sound. 
There is no comparison between the fullsac cores vs CFR's SOUNDWISE. Fullsac are pretty mellow and the CFR have a deep, distinct sound. But so far from what I am finding researching, the fullsac setup outperforms the CFR's. This is the case with anything vs CFR PERFORMANCE wise so far. I am calling Cary Faas this morning then calling Jaime @ Fuelmoto and Steve @ Fullsac to get the scoop from the horses mouth. I will then make an educated decision. I would be happy to post back  ;)

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #61
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2012, 03:46:34 PM »

There is no comparison between the fullsac cores vs CFR's SOUNDWISE. Fullsac are pretty mellow and the CFR have a deep, distinct sound. But so far from what I am finding researching, the fullsac setup outperforms the CFR's. This is the case with anything vs CFR PERFORMANCE wise so far. I am calling Cary Faas this morning then calling Jaime @ Fuelmoto and Steve @ Fullsac to get the scoop from the horses mouth. I will then make an educated decision. I would be happy to post back  ;)

DON'T DO IT!
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

tomroozendaal

• Junior CVO Member
  • Begeren is beter dan het beheren...!!!

• CVO1: CVO Raod Glide Custom 2013
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2012, 04:56:50 PM »

DON'T DO IT!

I have the fullsac x-pipe with cfr exchaust setup, Vosselman (www.vosselman.nl) told me he is able to tune my bike.
Be yourself, there are plenty of other..!!!

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2012, 05:23:52 PM »

I have the fullsac x-pipe with cfr exchaust setup, Vosselman (www.vosselman.nl) told me he is able to tune my bike.

you WILL have a nasty torque dip below 2400rpms.  If that doesn't bother you go for it.  They will tune if you have a good tuner but you can't fix the torque dip at low rpms even with a cam.

your $, I wasted mine trying so.................up to you.
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2012, 05:26:15 PM »

They are very loud. I would never have bought them without hearing them first.

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2012, 05:37:30 PM »

:confused5:  CHIT!  Every time I get close to ordering a set of the CFR's you guy write nasty stuff that makes me crawl back into a hole  :confused5:  As far as the sound, I have the fullsac head pipes and the 2.25 cores, and I have heard the CFR's in person side by side, that's why I can't get it out of my head.  Hands down, the CFR's sound bad ass, I think an earlier thread compared them to a Cobra?  My bike runs like a champ and all this talk about tuning issues have kept me away.  I'm not all that concerned about the torque dip, I have a 30t pulley that will help compensate for that, I like the sound, but I also like to ride a maintenance free well tuned bike?
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2012, 05:59:04 PM »

People used to rag on Rinehart true duals having a torque dip, but I ran them on my '04 SEEG and loved the sound and performance.  How bad is the dip with these, really?  And if it's below 2400, is it even noticeable?

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2012, 06:28:12 PM »

I was next to a guy who had them
On an 09 CVO rg.   They were loud at idle.  I couldn't wait to get by him. I have heard the same thing that they don't make power.  I hear the kury works great. They are loud toe also.  Not like the cfr's tho.  :nixweiss:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2012, 07:25:18 PM »

DON'T DO IT!
After speaking with Fuelmoto I ordered a Power Vision with preloaded map for my new exhaust that I ordered as well which was:

Wait for it.....

Wait for it....

Wait for it..........

D & D Boss Fatcat with wrapped perforated baffle and ghost pipe!!!!  :bananarock: :mango: :huepfenjump3:

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2012, 10:23:00 PM »

After speaking with Fuelmoto I ordered a Power Vision with preloaded map for my new exhaust that I ordered as well which was:

Wait for it.....

Wait for it....

Wait for it..........

D & D Boss Fatcat with wrapped perforated baffle and ghost pipe!!!!  :bananarock: :mango: :huepfenjump3:

You won't be sorry :2vrolijk_21:
2013 FLTRXSE2

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2012, 11:04:59 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 21 queries.