Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thundermax Question  (Read 2962 times)

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: (2) 2004 SEEG B&B's ECoast & WCoast
    • CVO2: 2000 FLTRSEI B/O/W
Thundermax Question
« on: September 02, 2006, 11:56:31 AM »

I am having a little trouble understanding how to tune the TMax.  If it was a PC III it has the RPM and you can adjust the A/F for each block at the desired RPM. On the TMax it seems to be "throttle Position"  as a substitute for the PC III RPM screen. Is that right?

What I really want to know is how do I richen it up  on the low end and lean it out at the upper end per my Dyno run.

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

Re: Thundermax Question
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 11:57:10 AM »

Dyno Run graph

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 11:58:36 AM »

Sorry, the original was really faint and thats the best I could do.

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 04:34:50 AM »

I am using base map HEVCG HBCEG 0524

jdk20723

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 12:20:17 PM »

Hi Icybay,

First, thanks for using our products.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 12:21:05 PM by jdk20723 »

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 02:49:44 PM »

JK  Thanks for the quick response.  :D  I will flash the TMax tonight and let you know how it turns out. HOw about that closed loop system, is that available yet?

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 10:00:57 PM »

JK  I loaded the new map and by the Butt Dyno there is no question it added a very noticable amount of power in the 2000 to 3000 range, ( couldn't get on the freeway, rush hour here is a nightmare)  no driveablity issues, idles fine after setting the  Auto IAC calibration. Now I want to put it back on the dyno and see what the computer says-just for the hell of it. I bet you found that missing 6 to 10 HP/TQ.  I am satisfied with the power now, it is quite different than with the old Thunderheader map.  By the way what kind of numbers were you getting out of the bike you made the map from?

Thanks for the quick service.

jdk20723

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 08:15:22 AM »

Great Icybay!  Happy to help.  I'll look for the dyno sheet, but we map on a different dyno than the industry standard Dynojet (we have both), and there's not always time to rig the bike on the Dynojet for a pass if we are making several maps using the same engine combo but different exhausts.  It would be real close to the original DJ graph we posted with the cam report some time back.  Thanks, JK

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

More Thundermax/ AutoTune Questions
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 10:32:42 AM »

Some suggestions for the Tuning manual:

1.  You do not mention Point Trak anywhere, or what its exact function is.

2.  What is the Warranty/Service Settingspage on Basic Setting- kind of works but where does it get its info and why does it say 40,000 hours for some RPM's  Can it be reset? It would be really nice to see where the bike spends most of its RPM time for tuning purposes. Likewise what is the VIN box for and why is it grayed out? Can I access it? Is this a Zippers service shop feature or is it a MOCO  holdover? Can the Rev Limit hits be reset? Is the total Hours accurate? Enquiring minds want to know.

3.  On the Monitor gauges why cant I set the RPM values over the preset 2200-2800 or whatever it is. It just resets itself from say 6200 max to the 2800 that was preset.  

4. Should the AFR gauges be spot-on to match the AFR map on auto tune, i.e.  

when I set the AutoTune map to have a 14.0 AFR across the TPS range, at the 3072 AFR/TPS vs RPM map should the AFR gauge read exactly  14.0 when the bike is at 240 degrees, in neutral and I am running it at the 3072 RPM with no load?

I know the AFR gauge jumps around a bit, I mean an average reading of 14.0.

Can any meaningful tuning be done with the bike in neutral, I mean in the shop and not on a dyno, or does it HAVE to be done with a load (either on the dyno or on the street with the TPS position marked with the tape).

5. How long can the monitor logging record?

I am sure as you get more questions from customers, (and get tired of answering them), the most common ones will find their way in to the FAQ's at some point. Anyway, I would like to get the most out of your product so I am asking them as I go. Hopefully they are not either already in the instructions or too stupid to even answer.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 10:33:52 AM by icybay »

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.