Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: What exhaust/pipes are on your CVO Breakout?  (Read 30595 times)

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
Re: What exhaust/pipes are on your CVO Breakout?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 10:10:56 PM »

Big Radius 2 into 1 for 2013 softail.  Fits perfect but not recommended by V/H.  Bungs are 12mm, so no adapters and are in the exact same location as stock.   I can't figure out what there problem is.  TTS Mastertuner, dynoed 94.7 and 115.7

Cowboy
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 10:17:59 PM by CowboyBagger »
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 10:20:58 PM »

Big Radius 2 into 1 for 2013 softail.  Fits perfect but not recommended by V/H.  Bungs are 12mm, so no adapters and are in the exact same location as stock.   I can't figure out what there problem is.  TTS Mastertuner, dynoed 94.7 and 115.7

Cowboy

cowboy with the 2-1.....love it....I want the 2-1 AND the 2-2.....without a doubt the most radical, best looking 2-1 I have ever seen.  With most all other 2-1's you sacrifice looks for performance, IMO....but not with this.  V/H did a really fantastic job....
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 04:48:14 PM »

I'm ready to buy and I can't really get straight answers!  I really want the Short Shots Staggered, but V&H says that they won't fit....I'm waiting for the Big Radius 2-into2s but they keep getting pushed back.  Rinehart has nothing, Samson says they "might" fit, Bassani is the only company that has a definite answer.  I think if I ask here, I can get some definitive answers....

So....can you list the brand and model of exhaust you have along with anything special you needed to do, like 02 adapters.  Thanks guys!  Whats left of my tax return is really burning a hole in my pocket.
Went with the Vance and Hines 2:1 Big Radius.  It's a little quieter than most but according to V&H, it supplies the most torque.
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 05:57:34 PM »

Bassani Road Rage 2-1.
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 06:10:46 PM »

Went with the Vance and Hines 2:1 Big Radius.  It's a little quieter than most but according to V&H, it supplies the most torque.

Is that for the Rocker, or the 2012-2013 model?

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2013, 03:42:59 PM »

Nicky,

You want the one for the 2013 Softail (which has 12mm bungs), unless you want to go with the Power Vision Pro Tuner with 18mm wide band sensors, then the one for the Rocker would be correct.

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 09:06:38 PM »

Here's a pic of the Bassani Road Rage 2-1 if anybody is considering these. Still one small issue with the heat shield but they are working on it. Look closely where the two pipes go into the heat shield. There are two clips underneath but they only slide into the top pipe. Small gap between heat shield and bottom pipe. Causing a larger gap in the back where the heat shield should meet up with the tailpipe.

mbrewer566

• 2014 CVO Softail Deluxe, 2015 Indian Roadmaster, 2015 Indian Chief Vintage
  • Junior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2013, 10:35:10 AM »

What is supposedly different about a Breakout versus other Softails when it comes to fitting an exhaust system?  The frame is the same, the engine is still a Twin Cam with the heads and ports in the same ol' place, the trans is the same, etc..  Have any of those pipe companies actually told you why their stuff won't fit, or is it just "they won't fit" because the Breakout isn't listed in their database yet?  Something about this makes no sense, but it wouldn't be the first time a company said something won't work even though it does.  Harley does it all the time in their parts catalogs, claiming certain items won't work on a CVO for instance when in fact it works and fits just fine. 

I would assume the only real difference would be model years, with the difference in O2 sensor size and location.  :nixweiss:

Jerry

Rush indicated their 25301 series would fit, which is for almost all the Softails.  I'm installing some this weekend.

CVOBreak

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2013, 06:05:02 PM »

Here's a pic of the Bassani Road Rage 2-1 if anybody is considering these. Still one small issue with the heat shield but they are working on it. Look closely where the two pipes go into the heat shield. There are two clips underneath but they only slide into the top pipe. Small gap between heat shield and bottom pipe. Causing a larger gap in the back where the heat shield should meet up with the tailpipe.

I have the same pipes on mine, I actually cut the rear pipe to be the same length as the bottom at the collector. there is still a gap at the muffler. that being said, Bassani claims it is supposed to have a gap. both clips now catch under the front heat shields. please let me know if they come up with one that fits better.

cutting the pipe took about 10 minutes with the Dremmel tool. removed about 1/2 inch. as both pipes then fit into the collector it does not really change the length of the pipes as the bottom pipe limits the amount the muffler slides on. it lines up much better on the mounting bracket as an added benefit.

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2013, 12:24:35 AM »

I'm thinking about moving the top clip on the heat shield back about a 1/4" so it will slide forward. Probably have somebody with some welding skills do it for me.

CVOBreak

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2013, 08:13:21 AM »

I'm thinking about moving the top clip on the heat shield back about a 1/4" so it will slide forward. Probably have somebody with some welding skills do it for me.

take off the front heat shields and cut one of the head pipes to make both even. then the shield will fit. about 10 minutes work with a Dremmel tool. if you weld you will need to get the heat shield re-chromed and that will cost you. the fix I did solves the issues and other than a little time it's free.

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2013, 09:42:29 PM »

Think I'm gonna go that route.

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2013, 07:58:45 PM »

V&H Big Shots Staggered -> Std Softail part number.  :2vrolijk_21:

Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2013, 09:58:13 AM »

And here is a silver one with V&H Big Shots Staggered's.

I think mine was the Guinea pig!
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2013, 11:58:00 AM »

Kinda makes me wonder if the standard Short shots would have fit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.