Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another NJ SHore local  (Read 2895 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Another NJ SHore local
« on: August 25, 2013, 11:05:20 AM »

Yesterday not far from me.

The "i didn't see him before I made my left turn" has become an automatic response.

That excuse should not be tolerated the same as DUI or DWI is not longer tolerated.

http://www.nj.com/ocean/index.ssf/2013/08/jackson_crash_kills_motorcyclist.html#incart_river

JACKSON — An Ortley Beach man riding a Harley-Davidson was killed in a crash with a Toyota Camry Friday morning, police said.

Peter Manderichio, 47, was driving the motorcycle south on Whitesville Road when a car coming the other direction made a left turn into a driveway of a residence, Sgt. Chrisopher Parise of the Jackson Police Department said.

The two vehicles collided in the southbound lane at 8:55 a.m. The driver of the Camry, 47-year-old Craig Conway of Bayville, was wearing a seat belt and was not injured, Parise said. However, Manderichio was rushed to Kimball Medical Center in Lakewood where he was later pronounced dead.

Manderichio was wearing a helmet, but the helmet was not U.S. Department of Transportation-approved, Parise said.

The crash is still being investigated by Jackson police, and the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office and the Ocean County Criminal Investigative Unit have been involved in the investigation, police said.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
Re: Another NJ SHore local
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 01:05:28 PM »

How awful. I agree that there seem to be increasing numbers of cars turning in front of motorcycles.

There needs to be a major crackdown on prosecuting people who do this for vehicular manslaughter. This driver KILLED a rider and will probably only receive a ticket for an illegal turn or something. Very, very sad.

RIDE SAFE out there, people.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

King2013

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 02:02:36 PM »

How awful. I agree that there seem to be increasing numbers of cars turning in front of motorcycles.

There needs to be a major crackdown on prosecuting people who do this for vehicular manslaughter. This driver KILLED a rider and will probably only receive a ticket for an illegal turn or something. Very, very sad.

RIDE SAFE out there, people.

Ken

must be common in NJ, the Toyota Camry seems to be the car most used to run over motorcyclists. same car that hit me with the same statement, i didn't see the big shiney loud Harley.

i agree 110% that the ticket for running into a motorcycle should carry more of a penalty than a dui/dwi. the offense is actually worse than dwi because there is absolutely no excuses for hitting the rider at all. not paying attention to your driving is not an excuse
 it amazes me that the excuse i didn't see him gets the driver off 99.9% of the time while people like me suffer the drivers irresponsibly.
take their licenses, lock em up just do something about it. enough is enough.

ok now I'm po'd.
dam stupid drivers.

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 02:17:33 PM »

Very sad news. My prayers go out to the riders family.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 10:50:14 PM »

Don't put all the blame on the cage, we as motorcycle riders need to realize that it is our responsibility to watch for and be ready for the " I didn't  see them " BS. There are a lot more cages  out there than motorcycles. With all the distractions a driver of a car has to face, its no wonder they don't see us. All I can say is see and be seen.
Ride alert and safe!
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

King2013

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 11:21:04 PM »

Don't put all the blame on the cage, we as motorcycle riders need to realize that it is our responsibility to watch for and be ready for the " I didn't  see them " BS. There are a lot more cages  out there than motorcycles. With all the distractions a driver of a car has to face, its no wonder they don't see us. All I can say is see and be seen.
Ride alert and safe!
Mike
i sure hope I'm taking this the wrong way. but, i can't agree with that analogy at all.
if the driver of a cage is that easily distracted they shouldn't be driving period. there is NO excuse for any driver not seeing what's in front of them on the roads.
it is 100% the cagers fault and their responsibility to see everything in/on the road including trash.
i was 100% alert, riding safe and loud when i was hit by a car saying they didn't see me. apparently didn't hear me either with the loud after market exhaust i just installed.
when your recovering and the one with a compression fracture at t11 with a smashed foot in pain an agony for the last 4 months with no relief in sight, then i would really like to see how you feel about your own statement.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 12:35:55 PM »

i sure hope I'm taking this the wrong way. but, i can't agree with that analogy at all.
if the driver of a cage is that easily distracted they shouldn't be driving period. there is NO excuse for any driver not seeing what's in front of them on the roads.
it is 100% the cagers fault and their responsibility to see everything in/on the road including trash.
i was 100% alert, riding safe and loud when i was hit by a car saying they didn't see me. apparently didn't hear me either with the loud after market exhaust i just installed.
when your recovering and the one with a compression fracture at t11 with a smashed foot in pain an agony for the last 4 months with no relief in sight, then i would really like to see how you feel about your own statement.

I think you missed the under lying message there. We as riders face multiple dangers as we ride. We can't afford to be slack and distracted when we ride as our lives and well being depend on that. Cagers think because they are enclosed in steel it's okay to multi-task when driving. Not so!
That being said, I didn't see them is at best the truth but doesn't excuse the driver of the responsibility, both financially and morally. They should be held responsible.
I hope I never end up with the pain and agony you describe. I wish all  speedy recovery.
I will still rely on my self when riding and trust no one in a cage to do the right thing.
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.