Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Reinstalling PV stk. file  (Read 11538 times)

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
Re: Re: Re: Reinstalling PV stk. file
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2013, 12:52:03 PM »

What do you do if you buy a bike and its locked with the PV and you don't get the unit?  Who can you call to fix it. I do buy used Harley's from auction.

I know in an ideal world. Everybody sells the tuning device with the bike, but how does that work with the tuning key?  Is it true the key only works with that unit?  Would one have to take that key and find the vision that programmed it?
Well I guess you would call whomever you want to order a tuner that you want.  And or if you really want to have a stock flash in the ecm then you would take it to the dealer and have a stock flash put in.  You are confused about the way the PV works because there is no key you carry around like DL.  If you buy a bike with no PV it is the same as if you buy a bike with out a sepst.  If you wana tune it you just buy a tuner and tune it.  There may have been issues with the true stock cal not being saved b/c of a previous flash or cal from another tuner was already in there and so it saved that cal thinking that it was stock because that's what was in there and other tuners do the same thing.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: Re: Reinstalling PV stk. file
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2013, 01:19:32 PM »

I just tried with 8 different cals from DJ(044) and Fuel moto(009) cals and every which way I was able to read and or reflash over with the stock cal with digital tech and when I put the STK. Cal back in the bike digital tech seen no traces of issues and worked just fine.  I don't have other tuners married to my bike to test loading and unloading their cals.  There is only one tuner that I know of that has an issue with this.

Joe

Programming the ECM with DT does not fix what the PV leaves behind and that is the real issue. This is just why we do what we do. There is a very good saying that's been around for years and it applies here very well.

You don't know, what you don't know
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Reinstalling PV stk. file
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2013, 01:23:08 PM »

So, the dealers for tuners have the knowledge to hook me up with a lock ECM by vision?  Are you sure?  I am a dealer for TTS, Vision, ...... Seems the manufacture is the person to call. Not a reseller or dealer.

I'm sure if I or customer wanted to go to TTS.  I would be fine. He can write in the code and straighten me out.  But what if they were going SESPT or DL?  He would have no motivation to help.

Explain the key to me then.  That key is good with all visions?

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2013, 02:38:31 PM »

There was an option to lock the calibration so no one else could copy or use your tune but that was an optional box/check that someone could use. The only PV that could extract the tune was the PV that flashed it if the lock tune box was checked. It could still be reflashed over that tune but not extracted and used.  Can you be more specific with the issues that you have came across?

http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/powervision-tune-license-programs.aspx

mayor

• Full CVO Member
  • just another fictional internet politician
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2013, 08:29:52 AM »

Joe, are you saying that you did not have an issue flashing your calibration.pvt calibrate bike with the DT, or did you only test the calibration.stk calibrated bike?  essentially what I am asking is does the PV lock the ECM out to other flash tuning if there is a PVT calibration installed? 

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2013, 08:40:23 AM »

PV does not lock out anything.  I was able to flash over multiple files, STK and tuned cals with no problem.

mayor

• Full CVO Member
  • just another fictional internet politician
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2013, 09:23:12 AM »

thanks Joe.

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2013, 09:40:57 AM »

Thanks for the legwork and clarification Joe.
The best you've had is the best you know.

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2013, 11:02:43 AM »

Mayor,

If you look at the other post. He had no problem flashing the ECM with another tuner.  The problem came in when he went to collect data and what PV left caused a problem.

So, to really test things out. Another tuner needs to be married and data collected.

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2013, 11:43:56 AM »

So I will try a pro PVAT cal in my ecm then flash it with digital tech to stock and see if the o2 sensors are still shut off. May be a little bit before I can Sundays are busy here at the shop.

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2013, 10:12:03 AM »

:nixweiss:

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2013, 07:28:58 PM »

Flashed a PVAT PRO into the ecm then I did a stock flash and viewed O2 sensor activity.  They lit up like normal and at first the fuel trims were trying to work but since I have 5.3 injectors and a stock flash thinks it has the 4.3 it is too rich for it to try to reel it back in.  So no issues with the digital tech turning back on the O2 sensors with a reflash.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2013, 08:18:13 PM »

Really?

How come the screen shot you provided shows the trims all at 100? That would show the system is NOT working!

For the record they will handle the swap to 5.3 injectors fine, it's been done many times before and always worked for everyone else. That only requires a decrease of 18% (5.3 * 0.82 =4.346) which is well within the limits of the O2 system on your bike. While it will not be good and I would not recommend it the O2's always come up and run and you should be seeing the trims down in the 80's due to the injectors.  :oops:
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2013, 08:42:15 PM »

The first 15 seconds the integrator was at 75% or so but then it jumped to 100 then back to 75% and then stayed at 100. I got tired of waiting so I went ahead and snaped the pic.  When I checked my afr it was at 11.25.  If I would have went out and rode it I guess it might have tried to dial back in but it didn't want to try at idle.  The point is that the o2 sensors were working fine and the adaptive was working so the issue must be somewhere else?  Would you like me to post a video of me doing this so you don't think that I am fibbing?

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2013, 09:33:12 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX5ijH6w52M&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Sorry it goes sideways, I though my phone would figure it out.  Have to do the Shaq taco bell head tilt.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.342 seconds with 21 queries.