Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hey JDK  (Read 2192 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Hey JDK
« on: November 14, 2006, 11:48:35 PM »

Do you know if this will work with your Zippers M&M Conversion Kit?

It's a wiring harness from Thayer Sales that converts the M&M to Delphi. This allows an M&M owner like me to go with the Daytona Twin-Tec Wide Band Dual Sensor tuning system right away. It changes the ECM harness from M&M to Delphi. It's not a Delphi-Like system, it's a harness that allows an M&M bike to accept Delphi ECMs, OEM or otherwise.

I'd really like to know if it will work on my bike with your system. I don't see why it won't. If it will convert M&M over to Daytona Twin-Tec, it ought ot do the same for Zippers too.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

jdk20723

• Full CVO Member
Re: Hey JDK
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 09:03:44 AM »

Looks like the H-D sub-harness used on 2002-03 engines.  Wired in correctly, it *should* work, but having never tried it, I can't say for sure.  If you decide to try it, I'll trade out your Marelli T-Max for the Delphi unit, no problem.  JK

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 02:37:15 PM »

John Kitz,

I spoke with Dan today, and THIS IS the way we are going to proceed now. I ordered the cable express shipping. Dan said to check with you about shipping me a Delphi ECM, and a closed loop system. I would appreciate it if you could send them express with a tracking number for me. All I need to do now is buy a ignition coil for an '02 Delphi bike. The fella that sells the cable says the system needs one.

Please let me know about shipping and tracking info.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

jdk20723

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 08:18:31 PM »

Shipped today, Blue Label.  You'll see it Friday.   Thanks, JK

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.