Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hole in air line  (Read 947 times)

rayz1951

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

Hole in air line
« on: June 29, 2014, 07:54:43 AM »

I was going over my usual check of the bike before going for a ride and found the rear shocks weren't holding any air.  After inspecting the fittings and lines I found the line going to the right rear shock was rubbing against the tire and wore a hole in the line. I'm bringing it to the dealer on mon. for the warranty repair.  It seems the line should have been routed over the fender instead between the fender and the wheel. Do you think they missed putting some kind of support to hold the flimsy air line in place? The bike is a 14 limited with 2000 miles on it. Now I'm looking all over it to see what else could come loose.

Ray Z
RayZ

FLHTCUSE7

Re: Hole in air line
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 08:58:02 AM »

Ditch the air shocks. It's junk anyway. Best $1K I spent on mine was better shocks.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 09:02:41 AM »

I was going over my usual check of the bike before going for a ride and found the rear shocks weren't holding any air.  After inspecting the fittings and lines I found the line going to the right rear shock was rubbing against the tire and wore a hole in the line. I'm bringing it to the dealer on mon. for the warranty repair.  It seems the line should have been routed over the fender instead between the fender and the wheel. Do you think they missed putting some kind of support to hold the flimsy air line in place? The bike is a 14 limited with 2000 miles on it. Now I'm looking all over it to see what else could come loose.

Ray Z

There should be at least one, and possibly two, clips inside the fender to secure the air line. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

rayz1951

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 06:25:16 PM »

I put it up on my lift and did not see any clips.  Someone forgot >:(
RayZ

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 06:42:13 PM »

Mine did the same thing........I dobbed some weatherstip glue on it and got it aired enough to make it to the dealer for a new line.
2017 CVO SG, Suburban Speed 130" kit, Fullsac Stainless DXpipe, 2" Fullsac Cores,2014 CVO Limited, Fullsac DXpipe, Fullsac 2 1/4"CVO cores, TTS Matertune w/Fullsac Custom Map, Andrews 54 Cams. Spank You Very Much!!!
2012 Street Glide, 107cu.in./.625 T-Man cams, SE Pro CNC ported Heads, 10.8 Comp., 58mm ThrottleBody, 5.3inj, D&D Borzilla 2in1 Exhaust

rayz1951

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 07:23:22 PM »

I got it back from the dealer and he thought they installed it wrong at the factory.  It was routed in the wrong location and there were no clips on the fender.
RayZ

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 22 queries.