Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Yaffee stealth plate bulb not working  (Read 5105 times)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Yaffee stealth plate bulb not working
« on: August 10, 2014, 10:21:54 AM »

I just noticed one of the 2 leds on my yaffee stealth isn't working. I have had it about 18 months. Anyone had this problem and how did you fix it?

Jesse

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

krypto2011

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Yaffee stealth plate bulb not working
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 05:08:07 PM »

Noticed same problem last night!! WTF?? One bulb on right side is out on mine.
2011 SESG Krypto/Black Diamond, SE 259e cams, SE 5.3 injectors, HPI 58mm throttle body, heads ported and polished, V&H power duals, CFR mufflers, SE race tuner, SE high flow air filter

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 09:42:39 PM »

Noticed same problem last night!! WTF?? One bulb on right side is out on mine.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR hoping someone knows a decent replacement to solder in?

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 06:39:33 PM »

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR hoping someone knows a decent replacement to solder in?

Jesse give this site a try:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

That's where I found the blue LED bulbs for all my instruments. I don't know what type of LED is in the Yaffe frame but superbright might have what you need. Check the "component LED" page since yours are probably some variation of a surface mount bulb.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:41:09 PM by phato1 »
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 07:17:51 PM »

Jesse give this site a try:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

That's where I found the blue LED bulbs for all my instruments. I don't know what type of LED is in the Yaffe frame but superbright might have what you need. Check the "component LED" page since yours are probably some variation of a surface mount bulb.
OK thank you.  Maybe I can find 2 red leds to replace the white!

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 07:22:52 PM »

Your welcome. Hope you find the ones you need. From what I'm reading here on other threads getting customer service from Yaffe can be a challenge....
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 07:43:19 PM »

Customer service is non existent. When I called all they could tell me is that it was made in China! I wanted to add a few more lights as the existing ones were not bright enough. I Bought a bunch of different strip and single bulbs from Superbright but none of them really worked without grinding a bigger recess to fit them in. I even tried a strip that is flexible but it was too thick and stuck out past the edge.  I couldn't find anything to fit so it is sitting on my work bench with $40.00 worth of extra lighting. At least I didn't pay another $100.00 to have it painted to match. Good luck and let us know what you figure out.
T-MAN 117 kit

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 08:01:36 PM »

Are these the type in there?

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 08:20:53 PM »

OK, after looking at the Stealth plate mount (online because I don't have one) it looks like maybe these could be made to work in that tiny recess they put the LED's in:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/side-emitting/side-emitting-led-weatherproof-flexible-light-strip--swfls-series/1542/

Of course this keeps up I may just order one so I can develop a repair for the thing  - everyone needs at least one project in the garage/shop  :huepfenlol2:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:23:38 PM by phato1 »

krypto2011

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 08:45:09 PM »

OK, after looking at the Stealth plate mount (online because I don't have one) it looks like maybe these could be made to work in that tiny recess they put the LED's in:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/side-emitting/side-emitting-led-weatherproof-flexible-light-strip--swfls-series/1542/

Of course this keeps up I may just order one so I can develop a repair for the thing  - everyone needs at least one project in the garage/shop  :huepfenlol2:

Jeez don't buy one, I been thinking of swapping back to my oem bracket and if I do I will send you mine to experiment with. The problem is I had to cut my plate to fit so I need to get a new plate before I swap.
2011 SESG Krypto/Black Diamond, SE 259e cams, SE 5.3 injectors, HPI 58mm throttle body, heads ported and polished, V&H power duals, CFR mufflers, SE race tuner, SE high flow air filter

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 08:51:51 PM »

Jeez don't buy one, I been thinking of swapping back to my oem bracket and if I do I will send you mine to experiment with. The problem is I had to cut my plate to fit so I need to get a new plate before I swap.

I'm willing to give it a try. the hardest part looks to be finding a slim enough side emitting LED that's waterproof - but I'm thinking it can be done.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 10:44:26 PM »

Your welcome. Hope you find the ones you need. From what I'm reading here on other threads getting customer service from Yaffe can be a challenge....

I'm not going to call Yaffee. Don't see the point it's almost 2 years old. Just gonna pull it off and see what I can do with it. I'm really surprised it failed already though LED's usually last and eternity!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 10:58:32 AM »

Well I emailed Yaffee and they said they switched to a new LED strip instead of the 2 separate bulbs. Offered no assistance as to how to fix or even a discount on the new style.

johnmowcop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 03:36:33 PM »

Is it me.

Well that's Yaffe for you. ??What is a Yaffe stealth anyway?

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 04:13:49 PM »

Is it me.

Well that's Yaffe for you. ??What is a Yaffe stealth anyway?

It's the beautiful license plate bracket on the arse of my CVO and several others.

SE-Mike

• Junior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 CVO FatBoy
    • CVO2: 2010 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 06:16:46 PM »

I had the same problem with the lighting on mine as well. After a couple phone calls and emails they sent out a whole new license plate frame unit.  :2vrolijk_21:

JustDennis

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE Light/Dark Cherry
    • CVO3: 2008 Ford F150 Harley Edition - Supercharged
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 08:05:18 PM »

I had the same problem with the lighting on mine as well. After a couple phone calls and emails they sent out a whole new license plate frame unit.  :2vrolijk_21:
Same for me and the replacement has super bright LEDs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ride Safe,
JustDennis

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 09:24:01 PM »

I'm not getting the same treatment. I was told mine was too old. Exact words "Under the dynamic vibration and weather conditions those are exposed to? We are really happy with the reliability of that product. If I had the light I would send you a replacement. Again, changed that light set up to get a brighter fuller light spray. Yes, you can buy a new model, go with one light, or try to find a single LED bulb and rig it. "

In other words, kick rocks.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2015, 09:20:49 PM »

I got some replacement LED's from Radiantz awhile back. They came in a strip, you could cut at any length you wanted then connect with a drop of solder. Very easy, the Radiantz are aLOT brighter than the ones I replaced. I explained they went in a license frame.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2015, 09:25:24 PM »

I got some replacement LED's from Radiantz awhile back. They came in a strip, you could cut at any length you wanted then connect with a drop of solder. Very easy, the Radiantz are aLOT brighter than the ones I replaced. I explained they went in a license frame.

Thanks Don I'll give 'em a holler

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2015, 12:36:49 AM »

Mine did this a while back.... no fix from Yaffe as mine was over 12 months old as well.

They suck... I have one working LED left.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2015, 08:50:11 AM »

Mine did this a while back.... no fix from Yaffe as mine was over 12 months old as well.

They suck... I have one working LED left.

Yes sir. That's obviously why they changed to an LED strip vs. the 2 individual lights. They are aware of the problem it's just too bad they aren't honoring all inquiries.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2015, 09:58:59 AM »

Yes sir. That's obviously why they changed to an LED strip vs. the 2 individual lights. They are aware of the problem it's just too bad they aren't honoring all inquiries.
Sounds like a play out of the MoCo playbook... realize they have an inferior product  then (try to as the MoCo does) improve/fix it and not take care of those that have the inferior product. :(

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2015, 11:29:05 AM »

Sounds like a play out of the MoCo playbook... realize they have an inferior product  then (try to as the MoCo does) improve/fix it and not take care of those that have the inferior product. :(

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

DooD my thoughts exactly. Unfortunately it felt all too much like home...

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2015, 09:26:07 PM »

Update:

Got the new Stealth in and installed. New lights wouldn't turned on. Turns out the 2 wires were reversed. I had to take apart the Duetsch connector and swap the wires. Lit up after that. You would think they would test them prior to shipping. Only 2 wires, you had one job, one job!  :nixweiss:

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2015, 09:41:13 PM »

One job is to much for some folks to handle........

Glad you got it sorted.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2015, 10:26:32 PM »

One job is to much for some folks to handle........

Glad you got it sorted.

Thanks  :2vrolijk_21:

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2015, 12:21:55 AM »

Update:

Got the new Stealth in and installed. New lights wouldn't turned on. Turns out the 2 wires were reversed. I had to take apart the Duetsch connector and swap the wires. Lit up after that. You would think they would test them prior to shipping. Only 2 wires, you had one job, one job!  :nixweiss:

I installed my replacement Stealth this morning also. I had to take the connector apart and swap the wires also.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2015, 12:22:28 AM »

I installed my replacement Stealth this morning also. I had to take the connector apart and swap the wires also.
Wow.

Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 21 queries.