Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ABS front sensor cable  (Read 1283 times)

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
ABS front sensor cable
« on: October 13, 2014, 04:04:40 PM »

On my way to the HD dealer. Apparently a line/cable called an ABS sensor that connects to the front brake has been crimped and will cause the ABS not to function properly. I have noticed some funniness at times during hard breaking that was not there before. They said it should be covered by the ESP...I hope so or I will be a little unhappy.

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

Re: ABS front sensor cable
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 05:42:37 PM »

HOORAH!!!
It was covered by the ESP. I will have to ask what the fee would have been if I was to pay for it myself...just to see how far behind I am with the cost of the ESP. I forgot to ask...was just happy there was no charge.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 09:34:53 PM »

whenever I bring mine in for an ESP repair I get a letter from the ESP company outlining the charges from the dealer and verifying that I did indeed bring the bike in for repair -- words to the effect of - if you did not request/initiate this claim please advise us - or some such stuff.

the first time the dealer "repaired" my power ignition lock (at the urging of the ESP people) it cost the ESP company something like $495 for parts(butt splices, shrink tubing) and labor  - then when that didn't work - the splices lasted until about the third turn of the ignition switch  :oops:    they paid out almost $800 for the NEW ignition and labor to actually get it fixed.

Perhaps you'll receive a notice from the ESP folks also  :nixweiss:
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 11:16:19 PM »

Thanks Phato1...I will be looking for it

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 08:49:22 AM »

HOORAH!!!
It was covered by the ESP. I will have to ask what the fee would have been if I was to pay for it myself...just to see how far behind I am with the cost of the ESP. I forgot to ask...was just happy there was no charge.

The replacement sensor and wire assembly runs about $85 MSRP.  It shouldn't take more than 0.5 hours total labor to replace it.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 09:42:10 AM »

Thanks Jerry for the info. This would be my first time using the extended service plan...I got a ways to go to recoup my esp expense.

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.