Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Federal Express and UPS packages are delivered to me by USPS....?  (Read 4032 times)

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: Federal Express and UPS packages are delivered to me by USPS....?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2016, 12:42:31 PM »

I too have noticed the use of the U.S. mail to deliver packages originally assigned to a company like FedEx. I found out several months ago that FedEx also has two divisions to it's company, The standard one we all know then a separate system called something like FedEx Express or something like that where local business people are franchised to use the FedEx name but they use or lease a FedEx truck (have used U-Haul Trucks in my area when they break down). I found out that if you use one service the other will not accept the other branches package. I had a package dropped of by a regular FedEx employee one day and had one to pickup but was told the other was the express and I would have to wait for the express truck to show up in order to send the package even though the shipping label said FedEx......
I don't think the mail system is much better for common sense though. The Hampton Roads VA. area is made up of over 1 million people in seven cities that border each other and the post office saw fit to close the one mail distribution center for the area so if I wanted to send mail across town or to a neighboring city it has to go to Richmond (100 miles away) then come back to the area to be delivered. What once took a day now takes two or three days........

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
Re: Federal Express and UPS packages are delivered to me by USPS....?
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2016, 01:14:48 PM »

I too have noticed the use of the U.S. mail to deliver packages originally assigned to a company like FedEx. I found out several months ago that FedEx also has two divisions to it's company, The standard one we all know then a separate system called something like FedEx Express or something like that where local business people are franchised to use the FedEx name but they use or lease a FedEx truck (have used U-Haul Trucks in my area when they break down). I found out that if you use one service the other will not accept the other branches package. I had a package dropped of by a regular FedEx employee one day and had one to pickup but was told the other was the express and I would have to wait for the express truck to show up in order to send the package even though the shipping label said FedEx......

FedEx Home is the franchised operation.  They often operate out of the same build but the delivery is a "different" company.  I am not sure about the other FedEx divisions.

In the past few years, I have found that USPS tracking is getting very good.  If you ship a priority mail package, you can sign up for their notifications and they are on the ball.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 23 queries.