Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Got a VIN number today!!!!  (Read 1133 times)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
Got a VIN number today!!!!
« on: October 09, 2006, 08:10:56 PM »

[smiley=banana.gif] Salesman called today and said my Smurf should be in THIS week!! Got the VIN number on it and its on the truck. I asked him did that mean it would now sit there until the truck got full for this area and he said no. Said they normally get them on Tuesday ot Wednesday but they have been coming on Fridays lately.  [smiley=banana.gif]

My wife is having neck surgery Thursday sometime so I probably will not be able to get it until Saturday. Just in time for Biketoberfest!! Will be a good time for her to relax and re-coop.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Got a VIN number today!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 08:16:42 PM »

Hey RobMay, good news on the Smurf's arrival.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 08:17:58 PM by spydglide »
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 08:39:49 PM »

Spyder,

I'm sorry to hear that about your wife! :'( My wife worries about that somewhat too. Yes it is her c-4,5, & 6 vertebrate. She had a bumper car jolt about 3-4 years ago and then a SeaDoo crash last summer that probably caused most of the compression and protrusion (sp). I am only about 60 miles west of Daytona Beach. I already had a site reserved on the wall at Beverly Beach Camptown (which is just North of Flagler) from Tuesday thru Sunday. I asked the Doc if it would be okay to ride her over in the motorhome on Tuesday and just sit up at the beach for the rest of the week and he said absolutely. She was gonna wait to do it over Christmas break (she teaches) but it kept getting worse so we bumped it up. So we will be there just hanging out. We will be there with some friends and probably one of those days some of the ladys will sit with my wife and I will take the Smurf to see Rick from SoftBrake and get my Bassanis on the bike. The I will bring it back to the campground and install the SERT and tinker right there with my baby (and the bike) :P

I hope her surgery goes well too. This surgeon does about 3 of these a week and evryone we have talked to in our town all had good results so we are hoping and praying for the best. Thank you for asking and I will keep your wife in prayer.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 10:19:46 PM »

Got the call today............ She is in!!! I will not be able to pick her up until at least Saturday though. I'll keep you posted.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 10:49:28 PM »

Got the call today............ She is in!!! [highlight]I will not be able to pick her up until at least Saturday [/highlight]though. I'll keep you posted.
no way you're gonna make it 'till Sat.  [smiley=nervous.gif] post a pic if you can when you can.  8-) har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 07:50:52 AM »

Thanks Spyder, will do!

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 09:12:30 AM »

Congrads on the new bike, and yes  [smiley=worthless.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Flying Ace

• Senior CVO Member
  • IBA#10357

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTKSE
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 07:25:42 PM »

Well, Rob, did you check her out??
CVO Limited

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 08:38:23 PM »

Well, Rob, did you check her out??

Scott,

I am still at the hospital with my wife. All seems to be well with her surgery. I will hopefully be taking her home tomorrow afternoon and plan on riding over to Tampa at noon on Saturday. I will take some pics when I get to her. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Flying Ace

• Senior CVO Member
  • IBA#10357

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTKSE
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 08:57:22 PM »

I hope all is going well with your wife.

I take it that you haven't been able to see your bike yet.  You'll like it when you do.

Good Luck!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
CVO Limited

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 11:44:51 PM »

Well today was the big day! Headed out this morning around 10:30 to pick up the Smurf. Tampa HD has some fine people at their dealership. Traded my 05 Ultra in. What a beautiful bike! After all the paperwork hoopla (including calling in the XM radio activation), me and my buddy headed back for home. About 4 miles up the road we found an Outback steak house and wheeled in for a bite to eat and one beer. After eating my radio still wasn't activated and the XM people said only the dealer could do it for the 90 day free promotion. So I headed back to the dealer real quick and we gave it another shot. This time after 20 minutes of leaving the unit on chanel one, she was working! Well the first 50 miles were kept at 50 mph and nothing over 4,000 rpms (really never went over 3,000). The after that....... yee haw!! What a great bike! After putting the 50 on we hit the interstate for some higher speeds. I must have rode about 5 miles at 75 MPH before I realized that I wasn't even in 6th gear. :o!! Man what a nice riding bike! Plenty of power, looks great and that XM just made the miles melt away. Smooth too she was.

I'm gonna try real hard to not do any major changing until my 1000 mile service. The Softbrake folks decided not to come to Daytona so I gues i won't have to worry about my Bassani's anytime real soon, unless I "bump" into someone else installing them in Daytona next week ;). already have my SERT so........... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 22 queries.