CVO Technical > Riding Gear

Time to get a modular helmet.

<< < (2/3) > >>

CVO To Go:
I had something very similar happen to me.  I was riding my bike on I 95 in Miami and watched a complete wheel detach from a vehicle and come bouncing down the highway in my direction.  For a moment I didn't know whether to gun it or slow down to avoid it.  Fortunately for me it passed in an instant in front of me.  A close call for sure.

Dave

Ironhorse:
The bike is fine, and so am I.  I just came from the Retina Institute and the doctor said that although the eye did receive trauma and shock, there are no tears or detachment.  I just have a shiner where I got hit in the face.

I guess I should buy a lottery ticket.

Yellow09SERG:
If a shiner is tbe worse part then you had a very lucky day. Glad you are ok, glad the bike is good too but its repairable with a lot less pain than you are

Tail Rider:
I've driven a Semi- for 30+ years and ridden motorcycle for 40+ years and one thing I don't do is float by one of these trucks. I know what can happen from either side ... don't hang out in the "No Zone", just get by them and continue on. Glad all is good...
I know this is a different scenario, but A friend of mine was hit broadside a number of years back and when I see what it did to the chin guard of the helmet, it put me back into a full-face helmet, even a modular would have pushed up and been little more protective than anything short of it. Either way, glad your OK

backroad Mike:

--- Quote from: GregKhougaz on August 24, 2021, 03:46:41 AM ---Very good to hear you are OK, Mark.

This may help. http://www.bestreviews.guide/best-modular-helmets

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

I bought the LS2 Valiant as my modular choice.  I don't use it much, but I am happy with the purchase.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version