CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

Heated and Cooled Hammock seat question

(1/3) > >>

Jeffro13:
I have a 2013 CVO with the heated Hammock seat. I was wanting to purchase the new heated and cooled Hammock to replace mine. I took the seat off of my 2016 RK and test fit it without issue on my 2013. When I asked the dealer about the new heated and cooled seat working on my bike, I was told that since it's a 2013 it wouldn't work, but it would work on my 2016 since the seat is for 2014 and up bikes. That made me a bit confused since the seat off the 16' fit fine on my 13'. My bike is already wired for the heated seat, so I figured it should be no issue to put it on. Just wondering if anyone else with a 13 or older bike has tried to use the new seat.

Thanks for any info.

JCZ:
I'd like to have a heated and cooled seat on my 2013 CVO Ultra Classic, also!  Not sure why a 2014 would be any different.....same frame and tank.  Maybe it has something to do with wiring for the cooled side?

I can tell you that living here in Tucson area and I just returned last night from a 2,375 mile multi-state trip with other members of this forum....I bought an Air Flow Seat Cover just before we left.  I remain amazed with this product as it works as designed and works well.  I'm also very surprised that I'd not ever heard or read about it before now.  No more monkey butt in the triple digit temps!  And a whole lot more affordable than buying another seat!  I did have to cut the hole for my rider's backrest and for my seat heater switches (we did get caught in snow, wind and freezing temps on top of Mount Evans this past week).  See my review here.....   https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=125085.0

Jeffro13:
I thought that too, but I would think the heating element would pull more amps than the cooling, which is why I was asking. We're already set up with a circuit for the heated seat, and you can't run both heat and cool at the same time, so I don't see why it wouldn't work. Just looking for someone smarter than me on electrical and this seat.  ;D

That sounds like an awesome trip. We just did a nice little ride last week and the week before to Budapest from Stuttgart for the HD 120 anniversary. It was definitely warm. Thinking the cooled seat would have been nice on that trip.

OBB:
Pull up the new seat on HD's website and see if you can tell if the plug is different from the pre Rushmore seats.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Jeffro13:
From what I've seen, the plug looks the same. 2 Wire Deutsch connector. Even if I had to change the connector, I don't know why it wouldn't work. Just trying to see if anyone else might know for sure before I spend the money on one. Kind of an expensive guess if there's some reason why it won't work. HD said it won't work, but couldn't tell me why.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version