Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011 Harley ultra CVO HELP!!  (Read 1086 times)

Damage10

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

2011 Harley ultra CVO HELP!!
« on: July 27, 2020, 07:54:16 AM »

Hello guys,

I bought 2011 CVO ultra with 26000miles. When I run for about 20 minutes oil pressure drop to almost 0 and rear cylinder get extremely hot comparing with front one. Heat is so intense that almost burn my leg.
Change oils for scremin eagle, change sparks for iridium also change air filter but it stays the same.
I thought it was from the oil pump but when it's cold it works well.
Dont know if is any sensor that is damage.
This is my second CVO , first one was a 2008 road king with same engine and 45000miles and never have this issue
Anyone who can help?

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
Re: 2011 Harley ultra CVO HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 03:20:00 PM »

Welcome
Excess heat can lead to thinning of the oil and could lower the all ready low oil pressure at idle that Harley engines have.
You should check for lean condition on rear cylinder, like a vacuum leak around the intake gasket to the rear cylinder.
If nothing is found you could record the temp from both cylinders than swap the injectors to see if it follows the injector or still the rear cylinder.
Or take it to a shop to see if the bike needs re mapping to help.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

JKM

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 06:44:59 PM »

is the bike stock or is there any modifications?  Does it have a fuel tuning system (SE, Power Comander, TTS, etc). 
2008 FLHRSE4 (105 Anni)- V&H Dresser duals and slash cut mufflers, Big Sucker AI, PCV, Woods 777, JPrecision Heads

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 07:48:57 PM »

Verify the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge. If it is that low I would be pulling the cam chest apart for an inspection.  A proper tune will lower temperatures but no sense doing that if there is an oil delivery  problem. Lifters rattle at 0 pressure,  I am skeptical. 

Damage10

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 06:59:43 AM »

is the bike stock or is there any modifications?  Does it have a fuel tuning system (SE, Power Comander, TTS, etc).
I bought this bike 2 weeks ago, dealer didn't know if the bike have any map or not. Install on the bike I don't see nothing.
Air intake and Vance Hines slip on mufflers

JKM

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 10:14:06 AM »

from the picture, that is the stock intake.  If just slip-on mufflers (stock head pipes), then no fuel tuner needed so the bike may not have one.  This is something you should consider, being a headpipe with no cat and a proper dynotune with a fuel tuner.  This will have a meaningful reduction in heat and also performance gain.

How many miles on the bike?  if approving 20K miles (30K kms), you need to seriously consider changing out the lifters.  This is a know problem and a failure could result in destroying the engine.
2008 FLHRSE4 (105 Anni)- V&H Dresser duals and slash cut mufflers, Big Sucker AI, PCV, Woods 777, JPrecision Heads

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 24 queries.