Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Long time lurker, first time poster  (Read 3410 times)

chopt

Long time lurker, first time poster
« on: October 05, 2005, 08:20:37 PM »

Hey all,
I may be out of my realm here, but i stumbled across this forum a few weeks back. Lots of good info and attitude here. . My bike is a 2004 FLHRSI (Road King Custom). Injected but not alot of performance. I've purchased the Screamin' Eagle breather kit, and am now looking for a good exhaust before i invest in the "download". I really like the idea of a 2 into 1, so opinions please on the Supertrapp"Super Megs" or the V&H Pro Pipe HS, Thunderheader  or any others i'm missing. Like i said i'm impressed with the knowledge and support here, so thats why i'm asking.
Mongo only pawn, In game of Life...........

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: Long time lurker, first time poster
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 09:05:15 PM »

Chopt Welcome to the board,

Hope this helps :)

You missed the D&D Fat Cat 2 into 1 with stock baffle or the performance baffle

If you can still find the White Brothers E-Pipe its another good one.

Bub just released a 2 into 1 jury is still out no one really has posted or tried it that I know of.

CycleShack 2 into 1

I personally went to the D&D and there is a long thread on it in the Electra Glide Forum.

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=eg_gen;action=display;num=1124953958

I had the rineharts but had some issues with them and thus went to the D&D my buddy just bought the Thunderheader and loves it only he went black on black for his pumpkin.

These are the pipes listed in the order of my opinions on them for overall sound / performance

1 D&D Best Chrome out there stepped pipe and I like the sound
2 Thunderheader poor chrome / great performance
3 V&H Pro Pipe 2 into 1
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 09:05:37 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

chopt

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 09:54:11 PM »

Now this is why i came here. The first reply comes in with a wealth of information. Unbalanced, you the man! Excellent info I'll read the D & D thread and go from there.
Thanks again,
chopt
ps. I'll try to get a pick of "Betty" to post. She's stock, but I love her none the less. [smiley=bigok.gif]

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 10:02:20 PM »

Chopt;
Welcome to the site [smiley=biggthumpup.gif] Be sure to check out the Freedom pipes as well. They are true duals that perform as well as most of the 2-1 option's. Many of us here have there setup. They have maps for an 88" motor. Check out this thread with the attached Dyno sheet:
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=CVO_TC;action=display;num=1127967547

If your stuck on the 2-1 my opinion is that the Thunderheader is probably the best.

Whatever pipe you go with it will also be best to get either a race tuner or a power commander to get the most out of your bike. Talk with your local tuner and see which one they prefer.

Good luck in your quest and be sure to keep us posted on your decision

chopt

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 07:14:21 PM »

Is there a alink to the "Freedom Pipes"? I'm leaning towards the Thunderheader in black ceramic, but still looking for options....
Thanks again!
chopt [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 07:42:06 PM »

http://www.freedomcyclereno.com/
ask for Brad or Rick if you have questions.

BTW the black ceramic looks great on a Pumpkin.   Factoryphil just put one on and loves it.   He has gotten many complements on the pipe and the look of the bike with it.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 09:08:43 PM »

I LIKE MY FREEDOM PIPES!  they are nice and quiet when they need to be and sound great when your on it. the guys at freedom are on top of the performance end with great customer service also. they look good,sound good and perform good and back that up with their great service and knowledge it would be hard to consider another pipe although some may have little more torque. VAN G

chopt

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 10:25:09 AM »

8-) Update on my pipe search. Due to money constraints, i'm a cheap bastard, I found a killer deal on a very nice set of Vance & Hines slash cut slipons. Okay so i've got my breather kit, semi performance mufflers, and now onto the fuel injection. Opinons please on the following:
1: Factory "chip" gonna run around $200, cheapest but no tuneability and a one time shot.
2: Power commander 2nd in cost, semi-tuneabile on fuel & ignition, but no rev limiter access.
3: V&H Fuelpak, 3rd in cost but for fuel only, no ignition mods.
4: Thundermax PPM, so far it looks to be my choice as to function for dollar spent. Looks to have the same functions as the SE race tuner.
5: SE race tuner, 4th in cost, factory authorized item and complete tuneability.
Have i missed any? Any thoughts on how i'm going about this good, bad??? And does anyone know what effect any of these units will have on my factory warranty, (3yrs left)
Thanks again and I look forward to the replies.
chopt

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 10:33:12 AM »

8-) Update on my pipe search. Due to money constraints, i'm a cheap bastard, I found a killer deal on a very nice set of Vance & Hines slash cut slipons. Okay so i've got my breather kit, semi performance mufflers, and now onto the fuel injection. Opinons please on the following:
1: Factory "chip" gonna run around $200, cheapest but no tuneability and a one time shot.
2: Power commander 2nd in cost, semi-tuneabile on fuel & ignition, but no rev limiter access.
4: Thundermax PPM, so far it looks to be my choice as to function for dollar spent. Looks to have the same functions as the SE race tuner.
5: SE race tuner, 4th in cost, factory authorized item and complete tuneability.
Have i missed any? Any thoughts on how i'm going about this good, bad??? And does anyone know what effect any of these units will have on my factory warranty, (3yrs left)
chopt

I'd vote for option 2, the PCIII. The reason is that it is cost effective, easy to tune, lots of maps available for a baseline. Don't get to hung up on the rev limiter as these motors are pretty much done producing power above 5800 rpm anyway. You'll also want to get the bike dynoed to get the most out of it. I'd also recommend talking to you local dyno tuner and see what he prefers, that may influence your decision.

Good luck and keep us informed on your decision

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 10:38:41 AM »

chopt

Threads: http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1070588356/0

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1098723348/13#13

I also suggest using the search function at the top of the page. Many more discussions on this topic. Good luck!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 11:58:41 AM »

[highlight]Have i missed any?[/highlight] Any thoughts on how i'm going about this good, bad??? And does anyone know what effect any of these units will have on my factory warranty, (3yrs left)
chopt
Lowest cost option is the TFI/DFO unit, adds fuel only, owner adjustable, can be found on the 'net for around $160.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2005, 12:48:44 PM »

I really feel your choice is RaceTuner, Thundermax, PowerCommander.

When you buy the Thundermax Zippers will give you a base map that should get you going with no additional tuning.

The powercommander would be my 3rd choice if you plan on doing any mods down the road due to limitation on tuning decel / rpm level

The racetuner while the most costly as it will require a map to be made or to pay HDMaps 50 bucks to get a map that is close.

Personally I prefer the ability to tune if needed and these are the best options for that.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2005, 02:09:37 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, chopt,
  Welcome to the Site!  RINEHARTS and Zipper's RULES!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] There endeth the lesson.  8-) Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2005, 03:18:16 PM »

Well Zippers anyway :)

chopt

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2005, 04:43:16 PM »

Thanks for the input ya'll. The more i think about it, i'm probably not going to go much more into it perfromance wise for a while. So with this in mind i'm thinking about the factory download. Are their more than 1 to choose from? My local mechanic suggested a 95" map to "richen" the mix up, but i'm unsure if i can just ask for a specific download to be put in. Anyone with any insight as to what is available from the dealer? I've seen on ebay a stage 1 88", a stage 1 95", a stage 2 95"..etc...
Sorry for sounding so "wishy washy" on this, but money constraints and the fact that this will be all i do performance wise for a while, has redirected me.
I appreciate all the input, this is a great site for information, thanks again.
chopt

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2005, 04:52:39 PM »

My Take

Save your Money up and when you have enough $$$
Do it Right the 1st Time

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2005, 05:04:15 PM »

Well Zippers anyway :)

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Unbalanced,
  You must have been with Opie, hidin' out last week.  I was all over Crystal River and Daytona.  Didn't get one phone call from you clowns.  Just because you know in your heart you can't beat my ol' "Led Sled", ya'll don't have to avoid me.  Me and BLM777 are really nice guys.  We'da bought ya'll somethin' to eat with the money we'da won from Opie!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Later--HUBBARD    
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2005, 05:21:17 PM »

Ole Yankee Hillbilly buddy of mine Hubbard,

You be the one with the crappy cell phone I called when I was up your way and even gave you permission to enter the South.   You could have looked me up I was even offering to show anyone wishing around.   Heck I spent near 3 days at the zippers tent I was easy to find.   Hopefully Bikeweek you wont ferget how to dial dat Union phone you got.

Hope you all had a great time would have really enjoyed meeting up with you guys.

Till Next time

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2005, 06:50:34 PM »

Ole Yankee Hillbilly buddy of mine Hubbard,

You be the one with the crappy cell phone I called when I was up your way and even gave you permission to enter the South.

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2005, 06:55:15 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Unbalanced,

2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

chopt

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2005, 09:26:51 AM »

jeffj is right, i'm gonna save my change from my beer money and get up enough coin for the PCIII.
Thanks,
chopt

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2005, 09:42:04 AM »

jeffj is right, i'm gonna save my change from my beer money and get up enough coin for the PCIII.
Thanks,
chopt

Good Choice Chopt! You'll be much happier than with a "canned" download.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 21 queries.