Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Author Topic: Another 114 M8 Bad Oil Pump  (Read 29854 times)

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
Re: Another 114 M8 Bad Oil Pump
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2018, 05:30:01 PM »

I figured as much, what about Harleys? Are there any Harleys not experiencing any sumping problems yet? Thanks all.
^^^  Fixed that for you. 

I haven't had sumping yet on my 107 with the Stage 3/114 kit...but it's barely out of break-in and it hasn't had any high-RPM running.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Tommy1727

« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2018, 11:05:17 PM »

Hola again

Actually it gets worse, turned out that due to the oil pump problems, the whole motor is ruined.

The AD dealer in Alicante did such a bad Job and misdiagnosis, that I told them to stop work, not fix it, and had it collected and taken to the UK where the bike was purchased.

I will keep you posted how it turns out!

Ride carefully everyone!

That looks like a stock motor, yes?  Unfortunately, I’ve seen that type of damage before.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2018, 11:27:39 PM »

^^^  Fixed that for you. 

I haven't had sumping yet on my 107 with the Stage 3/114 kit...but it's barely out of break-in and it hasn't had any high-RPM running.

needless to say they do not need to be RPM'nd  to see sumping .  pf  you never get any sumping you are fortunate.. enjoy the ride and have a ball/

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2018, 12:02:50 AM »

needless to say they do not need to be RPM'nd  to see sumping .  pf  you never get any sumping you are fortunate.. enjoy the ride and have a ball/
Thanks, happyman. It is a fun engine and bike, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the summer heat and more playing don't turn into a problem, especially far from home.  Feel bad for everyone who has.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2018, 12:23:33 AM »

Thanks, happyman. It is a fun engine and bike, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the summer heat and more playing don't turn into a problem, especially far from home.  Feel bad for everyone who has.
not fun even when your only  fifty miles  from home and its close to 90*  with humidity and high dewpoint. motor pukes and your out there pulled off the road because check engine light comes on and the extreme loud clattering is not something to ride when yo have traffic on top of you . so you have to wait over two hours for a tow and hand out big $$$ to get the bike home .   yes its very sad   to have to deal with this.
once again hope you have a good time riding trouble free, its what you paid for, so enjoy. 

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2018, 06:23:09 PM »

Hola again

Actually it gets worse, turned out that due to the oil pump problems, the whole motor is ruined.

The AD dealer in Alicante did such a bad Job and misdiagnosis, that I told them to stop work, not fix it, and had it collected and taken to the UK where the bike was purchased.

I will keep you posted how it turns out!
Man, that is one nasty looking piston. Hope all turns out well in the end for you.

Ride carefully everyone!

costablanca

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2018, 11:09:03 AM »

Hi everyone, yes the bike is stock apart from stage one and screaming eagle tuner-end cans.

I have done about 5750 miles or 9300 kms in the 1st year, so I am glad the issue appeared now, instead of just after the warranty expired.

Ride carefully everyone and have a great day!

costablanca

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2018, 11:39:46 AM »

Hi everyone, just a quick update for you regarding my 2017 114 cvo street glide, after the faulty oil pump caused an engine failure.

Harley eventually replaced the entire engine to fix the problem, and the new engine came with a newly upgraded oil pump because of the many issues we are all aware of.

I had started a 3 month tour of europe and was only in the first week when my engine went, so had to return home to the uk and wait for the bike to be repaired.  The bike broke down in April, and it was only finished on the 11th of August hmm "NOT IMPRESSED"

I decided to book another 3 month trip ad try again, so on the 13th of August I took the ferry from Plymouth to Santander, where my first ride would be 830kms or roughly 500 miles to my first stop in Alicante.  I managed to get just past Bilbao when the bike broke down again!!!!

This time after yet another trip on the back of a recovery truck, it turns out the the regulator has broken.  I had to get a hotel for the night, leave the bike at harley Bilbao and get a flight to my first destination stopover.

I was told that the new regulator would take 2 weeks to arrive and would be here on the 27th of August, but yesterday the dealer called me and told me it would arrive on the 8th of September!

So, It looks like I'm about to lose another month of my second 3 month trip!! Thanks Harley!

What I am struggling to understand is why they need nearly a month to replace a standard touring part, a part that is not a cvo part, but one used as a standard part on many turing models.

that is all for now, I will let you all know how it goes.

Ride safely everyone

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2018, 01:03:06 PM »

Hi everyone, just a quick update for you regarding my 2017 114 cvo street glide, after the faulty oil pump caused an engine failure.

Harley eventually replaced the entire engine to fix the problem, and the new engine came with a newly upgraded oil pump because of the many issues we are all aware of.

I had started a 3 month tour of europe and was only in the first week when my engine went, so had to return home to the uk and wait for the bike to be repaired.  The bike broke down in April, and it was only finished on the 11th of August hmm "NOT IMPRESSED"

I decided to book another 3 month trip ad try again, so on the 13th of August I took the ferry from Plymouth to Santander, where my first ride would be 830kms or roughly 500 miles to my first stop in Alicante.  I managed to get just past Bilbao when the bike broke down again!!!!

This time after yet another trip on the back of a recovery truck, it turns out the the regulator has broken.  I had to get a hotel for the night, leave the bike at harley Bilbao and get a flight to my first destination stopover.

I was told that the new regulator would take 2 weeks to arrive and would be here on the 27th of August, but yesterday the dealer called me and told me it would arrive on the 8th of September!

So, It looks like I'm about to lose another month of my second 3 month trip!! Thanks Harley!

What I am struggling to understand is why they need nearly a month to replace a standard touring part, a part that is not a cvo part, but one used as a standard part on many turing models.

that is all for now, I will let you all know how it goes.

Ride safely everyone

Very sad to hear. And very disappointing. When was the second engine installed?

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2018, 02:02:12 PM »

I guess the bigger question is why Harley thinks its ok??

BigLew

costablanca

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2018, 02:09:04 PM »

The motor was just replaced now, I had to wait an extra 3 weeks for a gasket!!

Since the new engine, I had done just under 300 miles before the bike broke down due to the electrical problem!

I think this is a joke to be honest, supposedly I bought a flagship harley, but I am sure no other motorcycle brand would leave me like this!

J.D.

« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2018, 02:45:41 PM »

It's absolutely shameful.

costablanca

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2018, 04:31:34 PM »

I even asked to change the bike for a new 2019 cvo limited, and asked for a good will gesture.

Harley replied by saying no, and that they had done all they needed to by replacing my engine!
they seemed to think between 5 and 6 months with no bike and no compensation is ok!

The dealer where I bought the bike was nice enough to offer me just under half the new price at 12 months old if I bought a new 1!!!

I have never been so insulted!

lyn.husen

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
Another 114 M8 Bad Oil Pump
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2018, 04:50:45 PM »

You would think that after all the time wasted, vacations put off & just all around BS that they put you through there would be a little bit of remorse on their part. Forgot to add: of course we all know that’s unlikely to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 07:12:22 PM by lyn.husen »

J.D.

« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2018, 05:10:00 PM »

None whatsoever.  Once payment is made they honor the warranty per terms, generally nothing more.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 25 queries.