Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hydro clutch slave cylinder  (Read 1940 times)

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Hydro clutch slave cylinder
« on: June 12, 2019, 04:05:03 PM »

I just finished up installing a Muller hydro clutch 120-60 in my 2019 cvo limited.
Install was not too bad, part fit just fine although you use some of the old parts from the stock setup.
They advertise a 40% reduction in lever pull, not too sure about that!
Does seem to be easier to pull but I can’t test ride for a week or so due to an injury.
I’ll do a little follow up then . I DID put my fish scale on the “before” pull, I’ll do the same with the bike up to temps.
HOGMIKE

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: Hydro clutch slave cylinder
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 04:05:53 PM »

Cover on
 8)
HOGMIKE

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 02:19:42 PM »

My foot finally got healthy enough to get the bike out for a test ride with the new slave cylinder installed.

When the bike was new I noticed right away that the clutch was very touchy and coupled with an off idle hesitation when starting out the bike was not fun or easy to maneuver at slow speed.

The hesitation was cured with a good tune.
The “on/off” clutch engagement was cured with the new hydro clutch.

I put on about 100miles today on all roads and speeds. Love the new hydro clutch, engages about the same distance from the lever where my other bikes do, perfect for me.
About 3/4” from the grip at the bend or about 1-1/2” at the ball to the grip. Pull was advertised 40% less and I CAN feel the difference, very light pull.

The positive reports on the AIM was my first choice, but they were back ordered.
I’m guessing the Muller is about the same as far as operation.
Recommend the muller as I have first hand experience with it.
No, I don’t work for them. LOL
 :bananarock:
HOGMIKE

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 04:31:43 PM »

will be interesting to see how this works long term.  i've been interested in the aim unit myself, but seeing a lot of negative reports and failures on it.

keep us posted.   :2vrolijk_21:
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 09:46:59 PM »

will be interesting to see how this works long term.  i've been interested in the aim unit myself, but seeing a lot of negative reports and failures on it.

keep us posted.   :2vrolijk_21:
[/quickote

I’ll be getting in some serious riding from now on, got some trips planned and want to get miles on the bike while under warranty.
I’ll report any issues on the entire bike in different sections as we go.
 :soapbox:
HOGMIKE

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 11:11:29 PM »

thanks    :2vrolijk_21:
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

DOCGSS

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

• CVO1: 2020 CVO STREET GLIDE
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 08:19:38 AM »

My foot finally got healthy enough to get the bike out for a test ride with the new slave cylinder installed.

When the bike was new I noticed right away that the clutch was very touchy and coupled with an off idle hesitation when starting out the bike was not fun or easy to maneuver at slow speed.

The hesitation was cured with a good tune.
The “on/off” clutch engagement was cured with the new hydro clutch.

I put on about 100miles today on all roads and speeds. Love the new hydro clutch, engages about the same distance from the lever where my other bikes do, perfect for me.
About 3/4” from the grip at the bend or about 1-1/2” at the ball to the grip. Pull was advertised 40% less and I CAN feel the difference, very light pull.

The positive reports on the AIM was my first choice, but they were back ordered.
I’m guessing the Muller is about the same as far as operation.
Recommend the muller as I have first hand experience with it.
No, I don’t work for them. LOL
 :bananarock:

I also installed the Muller slave cylinder on my 2014 RK CVO. I chose that cylinder because the AIM uses a new master cylinder on the twin cams, whereas this is a replacement bolt on. WOW I have over 1000 miles with it and I cannot believe the difference. The clutch pull is markedly reduced and the engagement point is about half way rather than 3/4 of the handle travel, far better for starts and clutch feathering. One of the best modifications I have made.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2019, 08:54:38 PM »

I also installed the Muller slave cylinder on my 2014 RK CVO. I chose that cylinder because the AIM uses a new master cylinder on the twin cams, whereas this is a replacement bolt on. WOW I have over 1000 miles with it and I cannot believe the difference. The clutch pull is markedly reduced and the engagement point is about half way rather than 3/4 of the handle travel, far better for starts and clutch feathering. One of the best modifications I have made.

Now that I have some miles on mine I’m liking it more everyday.
I hope it lasts the long haul but if it doesn’t it an easy stock part replacement from Harley.
One of the better things I’ve done to this new bike that I’m ok with the cost.
 8)
HOGMIKE

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 08:02:32 PM »

Update:

I now have about 4000 (11000 total on the bike) miles on the Muller hydro slave cylinder for the clutch and can share my thoughts.
The hydro clutch works flawlessly hot,cold,traffic stoppages, just about anything you can experience on a bike.
Taking off on steep hills, easier to feather the clutch.
Slow speed riding in traffic easier.
Still a very light pull on the lever.
I have no complaints at this point
I’ll call it good!
JMHO
 8)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 08:04:17 PM by HOGMIKE »
HOGMIKE

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 24 queries.