Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ipod in glove box SEUC4?  (Read 1504 times)

Jon Seddon

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4 - Big Bertha
    • CVO2: Non CVO - Softail Deluxe (wife's) lady lou
    • CVO3: Non CVO - Triumph T160 Trident/Ducati 900ss (I hope)
ipod in glove box SEUC4?
« on: June 20, 2011, 04:58:47 AM »

Hi, I'm getting the Boom ipod interface and was planning on mounting the ipod in my lockable glove box.  Have any done this? Cani it be done without drilling holes and how do you stop water getting in?

Thanks in advance.

Jon

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: ipod in glove box SEUC4?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 09:06:34 AM »

You may be able to fanagle the wires through the drain holes on the bottom, but will have to punch the liner....keep us posted. 

I put a nano in a "Riders Claw" mount.  Works ok for me.

Jon Seddon

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 11:30:49 AM »

You may be able to fanagle the wires through the drain holes on the bottom, but will have to punch the liner....keep us posted. 

I put a nano in a "Riders Claw" mount.  Works ok for me.

Cheers Mike, I'll have a look.  I've got a Riders Claw but it rains a bit here!

Jon

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 12:41:26 PM »

Hi, I'm getting the Boom ipod interface and was planning on mounting the ipod in my lockable glove box.  Have any done this? Cani it be done without drilling holes and how do you stop water getting in?

Thanks in advance.

Jon

If memory serves me correctly, the cable to the iPod is molded at both ends.  The iPod end of course is the wide flat one and the other was a round one about 1/2" in diameter.

I have a '09 SERG and used my right side fairing glove box for my iPod.  I drilled the inside upper front of the box cavity and poked the cord through the drilled hole and lined it with a grommet I split so I could thread in the hole around the wire cable.  I have about 4" of cable extended into the box and I can push/pull a bit more or less in and out of the glove box area as needed.  I bought one of the new 16G Nanos with the touch screen, about 1.5" square.  This has worked great for me and I love being able to do the iPod from the handle bars.  The only thing you need the soft touch radio buttons for is the Playlist, Artist etc scrolling.  Once on a playlist or artist, the right grip channel selector up/down button will work for up/down on the songs.  Volume and other functions are still the same as the radio or CD.

Good luck with the install.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Jon Seddon

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 01:15:30 PM »

If memory serves me correctly, the cable to the iPod is molded at both ends.  The iPod end of course is the wide flat one and the other was a round one about 1/2" in diameter.

I have a '09 SERG and used my right side fairing glove box for my iPod.  I drilled the inside upper front of the box cavity and poked the cord through the drilled hole and lined it with a grommet I split so I could thread in the hole around the wire cable.  I have about 4" of cable extended into the box and I can push/pull a bit more or less in and out of the glove box area as needed.  I bought one of the new 16G Nanos with the touch screen, about 1.5" square.  This has worked great for me and I love being able to do the iPod from the handle bars.  The only thing you need the soft touch radio buttons for is the Playlist, Artist etc scrolling.  Once on a playlist or artist, the right grip channel selector up/down button will work for up/down on the songs.  Volume and other functions are still the same as the radio or CD.

Good luck with the install.

Thanks Dan

Jon

Trey767

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 02:50:18 PM »

I did it last year, I if memory serve right I did have to use a 1/2 drill bit and a rubber grommet for the core. I route the cord along the engine guard and up under the fairing. :cherry: It worked fine until I added speakers in the lower fairings  :2vrolijk_21: so I moved it the right saddle bag. You have enough Length so on the core, don't forget the grommet. Good luck Jon

For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary; for those who have not, no explanation is possible.

Hogtunes Front/Rear speakers
Fullsac 2.5 cores
J&M 250 Amp
Hawg Wired 6.5 lowers
Ride Time LED lights
Dakota digital dash gauges
Saddlebag extensions
Clearview windshield/vent
BigSky oil cooler fan
HD rear Envelope LED's
Zumo 665

Jon Seddon

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 03:30:08 PM »

I did it last year, I if memory serve right I did have to use a 1/2 drill bit and a rubber grommet for the core. I route the cord along the engine guard and up under the fairing. :cherry: It worked fine until I added speakers in the lower fairings  :2vrolijk_21: so I moved it the right saddle bag. You have enough Length so on the core, don't forget the grommet. Good luck Jon

Cheers Trey

Jon

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 22 queries.