Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: when cold puffing backfiring until its warm  (Read 1292 times)

jeroenelectrum

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

when cold puffing backfiring until its warm
« on: October 21, 2018, 06:21:07 AM »

so my cvo2019 117  has stock headers  s&S slipons   cvo heavybreather   i did the tts tuner  oil cooled with slipons

but now when the engine is cold   it gives hickups puffing etc  when accelerating   i can only drive slow  until it is warm   

what can i do   cat remove?  put the tuner to upgraded tock?

thank you

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
Re: when cold puffing backfiring until its warm
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 09:32:22 AM »

May be it is too lean when cold.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

windjammer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTSSE2 sold
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 10:09:42 AM »

Have your dyno guy redo your tune sounds like something is off.

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 10:24:05 AM »

so my cvo2019 117  has stock headers  s&S slipons   cvo heavybreather   i did the tts tuner  oil cooled with slipons

but now when the engine is cold   it gives hickups puffing etc  when accelerating   i can only drive slow  until it is warm   

thank you
[/quote
 It’s hard to tell from your post,  if you are saying that the air cleaner is stock and a head pipe is stock and still has a catalytic converter in it, all you did was slip on‘s? If so I would flash it back to the original calibration. There is no need for a tuner if all you did was slip ons See if that corrects your issue. It sounds like it is way too lean when cold.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 10:39:21 AM »

Very hard to tell from your posting but did you do the TTS flash yourself with a canned tune? Or did you have a shop tune the bike using TTS software?
A set of slip-ons to create backfires is almost not possible, other factors? Also what is a "tock"?

jeroenelectrum

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 10:42:15 AM »

thank you
[/quote
 It’s hard to tell from your post,  if you are saying that the air cleaner is stock and a head pipe is stock and still has a catalytic converter in it, all you did was slip on‘s? If so I would flash it back to the original calibration. There is no need for a tuner if all you did was slip ons See if that corrects your issue. It sounds like it is way too lean when cold.

aircleaner is stock  but 2019 has the heavy breather ac

jeroenelectrum

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 10:43:15 AM »

Very hard to tell from your posting but did you do the TTS flash yourself with a canned tune? Or did you have a shop tune the bike using TTS software?
A set of slip-ons to create backfires is almost not possible, other factors? Also what is a "tock"?

tock is stock   :confused5:  its a canned tune like i told  tune is 2018 oilcooled with slip ons

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 11:43:47 AM »

I'm guessing the map you chose to load isn't a good match for your bike.  Contact TTS and ask them if they have an updated map (calibration file) for the 2019 model. 

As Phreakyz suggested, try reloading the stock map and see how it runs.  Just changing the mufflers shouldn't make a major difference, so if the bike ran OK before you changed the mufflers and the tune, it should run OK after the muffler change with the stock map.  You may still want to get a custom tune (assuming you can find a good dyno tuner in your area) to make it run even better, but it shouldn't be doing what you mentioned with the stock tune.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

jeroenelectrum

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 02:07:48 PM »

did some warm up enrichement  10%  runs alot better now   gonna test these days  meaby 5% more

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 06:44:16 PM »

Hum, sorry I confused you (based on your emoji) Just had no idea you could remove the s from stock and still have the same meaning to the word.

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 22 queries.