Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Limited

2021 CVO Limited No longer includes adjustable passenger floorboards

(1/8) > >>

1abastarsmda:
I purchased a 2021 CVO limited back in September. I didn’t notice until last month that the passenger floorboards were not adjustable. I contacted Harley customer service thinking that either this was a one-off mistake in manufacturing or someone at the dealer swapped things out and never let anybody know. Initially, I was told to take my bike to my local dealer to have them verify the situation and have the dealer call them to have the situation rectified. The dealer called Harley customer service and he was told that any CVO Limited manufactured after April 27, 2021 will no longer have adjustable passenger floorboards included. I subsequently called Harley customer service and spoke with Terry and Madeline. Between the two of them, I was told at least three different explanations. I was told it was a supply chain issue, I was told it was an issue with the manufacture of the adjustable floorboards, and I was told that it was a decision that corporate made to simply stop providing adjustable floorboards for the passenger. Terry from Harley customer service then followed up with the dealer and then told me that I should contact the dealer for any resolution. I continued asking Harley customer service why they have continued to advertise these bikes on their website  showing the adjustable floorboards if they are not actually providing them. Nobody could provide an answer to me other than Madeline said she would notify the appropriate department to have them change the photos, which obviously has never been taken care of.  Terry at Harley customer service told me that a memo was sent to dealers and that they should have explained that to me when they sold me the bike. I told him what an outrageous statement that was and continued on that no salesman in his right mind would start telling me things that have been removed from the bike, while at the same time trying to sell it to me.  I did contact the dealer and was told that this was a manufacturing issue and that if anybody is responsible it is corporate. He told me that we just sell the bikes the way they come to us. I did ask both the dealer and Harley customer service why I wasn’t given a price reduction on the bike since they removed a part that sells for over $380. Ultimately, nobody wants to take responsibility for this, no price reductions have been offered and assuming that these parts will become available, I asked for a commitment to provide me with the part once they are available. I don’t think that was an unreasonable request as a resolution, however that was denied. This is my fifth CVO in 12 years and due to their handling of the problem, it will very likely be my last Harley Davidson.  I am ver curious what others think about this. Am I overreacting?  I don’t think so. What other parts are they simply substituting on bikes without making their customers aware?  Any suggestions moving forward?  Is there anybody else out there in the same situation?  Thanks for taking the time to read all of that.

1badbagger:
I would tend to think it's a supply chain issue since Harley put them on the early 2021's. Whatever it is, HD should be compensating there customers the difference in cost. For what it's worth I wouldn't be happy either

ultra13:
False advertisement is a bad thing. If your situation doesn't get resolved I wouldn't go as far as to say this would be "my last Harley". I would just go buy some aftermarket adjustable pegs.....

1abastarsmda:
I feel like I’ve already paid for adjustable mounts, so I really don’t feel like I should have to go out and pay for them a second time by purchasing aftermarket either.

hogsty:
Take screen shots of the website.

Preserve emails with the moco responses

Sue the moco in small claims court

It'll cost them more for an hour of an attorneys time than to give them to you.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version