CVO Technical > Riding Gear

Summer riding boots

<< < (2/5) > >>

Fired00d:

--- Quote from: TN on July 10, 2023, 07:24:27 AM ---Do you have a pair of the KLIM outlander boots?

I use to wear some military boots, I think they were called jungle boots, the side was green mesh of some sort. That was only 40+ years ago.

Several people have directed me toward swat type boots. It's gonna be hard to change my style of boots because I've been wearing my red wings for long time now.  ;D

I also prefer a flat sole, no defined heel or lug soles, now I'm getting picky.  :nixweiss:

--- End quote ---
They are still available - Fox Outdoor Products Vietnam Jungle Boot.

Another choice are boots made by Danner. I've had several pairs of them that I got issued to me when I was with FD. They are lightweight and comfortable... they even have some styles that have the flat soles you desire.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

GregKhougaz:

--- Quote from: TN on July 10, 2023, 07:24:27 AM ---Do you have a pair of the KLIM outlander boots?

I use to wear some military boots, I think they were called jungle boots, the side was green mesh of some sort. That was only 40+ years ago.

Several people have directed me toward swat type boots. It's gonna be hard to change my style of boots because I've been wearing my red wings for long time now.  ;D

I also prefer a flat sole, no defined heel or lug soles, now I'm getting picky.  :nixweiss:

--- End quote ---

Yes, I have the Klim Outlander Boots and like them very much. Klim products are top grade. The BOA system works very well. These are the best for me.

rayson56:
For summer riding shoes I've been wearing Redback's for years. I'm on my second pair. I have the black without the extra toe protection. They are waterproof, they are super lightweight, they breath really well, they are super grippy even on wet tile and really built to last.
I learned about them from a buddy of mine that owns a towing company and is really hard on shoes but needed something lightweight and non slip to walk on the roll back deck on his truck, especially when wet and slippery. I also noticed that several of the tech's at work (we used to call them mechanics) were wearing them around the oil, grease and coolant, and they are on their feet all day, every day, they said that the MAC tool guy carried them on his truck. I get mine from Whistle Work Wear.

https://www.redbackboots.com/

rayson56:
BTW, mine are called the Easy Escape Black 6"....without the steel toe for me.

TN:
I'll update when I get the boots. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Red Wing discontinued the boot I have been wearing for many years.  :nixweiss:

How about some orange, platform, hi-top, steel toe chuck taylors.  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version