Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BURNOUT now I got lights  (Read 2769 times)

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

BURNOUT now I got lights
« on: August 13, 2019, 06:21:17 PM »

I did a burnout last night on the way home. I was just messing around did a quick little one. Anyway now I got check engine light and ABS light. Does anyone have any experience with  this? maybe knows whats up before I go to dealer. 

Don't let that distract you from the fact that In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The  A-Team.

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

Re: BURNOUT now I got lights
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 08:54:21 PM »

I don't think this should have been moved. This question did pertain to the engine itself just a general question about the bike. I have multiple lights on now so maybe you could move it to the multiple section. The one that covers ABS and check engine light.
Don't let that distract you from the fact that In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The  A-Team.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 10:04:03 PM »

What year and model?
HOGMIKE

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 10:24:42 PM »

You need to pull the DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes), that will help you diagnose the problem(s).  What you described doesn't sound like any common issue I've ever heard of, so without the codes and the model/year information all you are going to get is either WAG's or nothing.  Like most forums these days someone may eventually throw out one of those wild azzed guesses, but I don't think you really want that.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 09:09:07 AM »

ABS code most likely do to rear speed sensor showing high mph and front showing zero.
Engine code could be do to many things, rev limiter, disabled cruise do to ABS code, or even misfire code.
Get into the self diag mode to retrieve them, clear them, post them to help us help you.
Than ride the bike to see if they return.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 09:57:29 AM »

ABS code most likely do to rear speed sensor showing high mph and front showing zero.

Semi related question here,...If a dealer scanned or pulled the codes, they might come to the same conclusion right? If so, could they void warranty? Does "doing burnouts" fall under the realm of "using the vehicle in a manner not designed or intended"? Isn't that the same as when they void warranties when they find a bike with a tow hitch? Abuse or misuse of the engine and drive train as it was not designed for that.

Just curious as the Moco seems to be looking for anything to void a warranty these days.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 11:13:03 AM »

Yes they will consider Burnouts misuse, If you are on friendly terms with your dealer I’m sure they could go around telling the Moco it happened while doing Burnouts...  I also had this happen to me, it was caused from the ABS signal seeing the front tire going much slower than the rear tire like stated above... Reset the codes and take it on a ride and see if that’s the problem....

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 03:41:12 PM »

What year and model?

2018 cvo road glide. Im going to pull the codes and try to reset them myself. aAs soon as I can learn how to do it.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 04:23:11 PM »

2018 cvo road glide. Im going to pull the codes and try to reset them myself. aAs soon as I can learn how to do it.

Go to fuelmoto website or others, comprehensive information about how to do it.
 :drink:
HOGMIKE

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2019, 04:46:27 PM »

On bikes with the Boom infotainment system you can access the DTC's from the Boom system if you prefer that method.  The attached file was written by someone online and gives a short description of how to pull up the codes using the infotainment screen.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2019, 07:14:33 PM »

Thanks Jerry for that information, I don’t need it at the moment but going to save the information..

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2019, 09:22:05 PM »

Sorry fellas didn’t have a chance to get back to yous in this thread. The info was good thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 25 queries.