Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: FULLFACE HELMETS ...WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND  (Read 18044 times)

BANDANAGIRL

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • LIVE LAUGH RIDE

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG Cherry Sold
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG Orange Sold, 2005 SEEG Teal Sold, 2005 SEEG Banana Sold
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
FULLFACE HELMETS ...WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND
« on: January 07, 2007, 07:59:42 PM »

As of now I only wear a half helmet. I know I really would perfer wearing a full but cant stand
even trying them on. I get very costraphobic .I believe it was harleydiva that recommended a NOLAN... correct me if I am wrong.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated .

Thanks Soozie [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=help.gif]

2006 Cripplecreek, Co.
                     2008 Sedona, Az.
                     2009 HoodRiver, Or.
                     2010   Pala, Ca.
                     2010 New River , Wv.
                     2011 Lake Tahoe, NV.
                     2012 Spokane, Wa.
                     2013 Santa Fe, NM.                      2014 Carmel & M.V.

SPIDERMAN

Re: FULLFACE HELMETS ...WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 08:22:04 PM »

Soozie,
           I have a H-D Jet which is A 3/4 helmet. As soon as I post this, I'm sure someone will post that you can cut out H-D and buy it direct from the Mfgr ( which I can't remember) for less. It is a comforable helmet and with the shield down is 95% as effective as a full face in keeping out wind and rain. However, if I were to buy a fullface, the Nolan is the only one I'd consider due to the way the entire front of it flips up when you're going slow or taking it of and putting it on. Extremely well thought out and well made product IMO.

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 11:40:56 PM »

Soozie,
           I have a H-D Jet which is A 3/4 helmet. As soon as I post this, I'm sure someone will post that you can cut out H-D and buy it direct from the Mfgr ( which I can't remember) for less. It is a comforable helmet and with the shield down is 95% as effective as a full face in keeping out wind and rain. However, if I were to buy a fullface, the Nolan is the only one I'd consider due to the way the entire front of it flips up when you're going slow or taking it of and putting it on. Extremely well thought out and well made product IMO.

B B

Ditto.  Almost a year now in to my transition to a full faced lid. This Nolan N102 is a great helmet.  All the mechanisms work flawlessly.  Opens easily with either hand.  The venting system works well.  It's a surprisingly comfortable lid (as lids go).  And periperhal vision with the face closed was (at least to me) surprisingly good.  I guess it's not even too damned ugly.

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 12:00:45 AM »

Hey! Don
Where can you get the Nolan Helmet!

GasRat

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 12:05:37 AM »

Soozie,

I use the HJC SY-MAX & I'm very happy with it. But I really can't compare it to anything because I went straight from the Jet 3/4 helmet to this. I really love the flip up feature, it  makes it very easy to put on & take off. One thing I can say though is that everyone is different & the best thing to do is go somewhere with a good selection & just try them on, because every manufacturer is a little different so you really want to find one that you think feels the best.
Better to remain quiet and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

CVOHarley Member #2390

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 12:26:03 AM »

Hey! Don
Where can you get the Nolan Helmet!

You've got two version to consider Don.  The N102 or the N102 N-Com.  Both the same helmet.  The N-Com version is just pre-readied for some electronics you might add in it later if you ever decide too.  Very little price difference in the helmet models themselves so it's probably not a bad idea to give yourself the flexibility.

Best price I've noticed lately is an Ebay seller doing them for a buy it now of $210.00.  Just search by Nolan N102 NCom and you'll find them.  For your bride's new bike Nolan's "black cherry" color is a pretty acceptable match to the dark red part of our bikes too.

BANDANAGIRL

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • LIVE LAUGH RIDE

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 11:12:40 AM »

Soozie,

B B

Thanks Spiderman

Thats a good idea I think I could probably get used to the 3/4 easier and for the fullface it seems like everyone is still
reccomending the nolan. Ive got to find a store where I can try on the nolan.. its not a problem finding a harley store to try on the jet !

2006 Cripplecreek, Co.
                     2008 Sedona, Az.
                     2009 HoodRiver, Or.
                     2010   Pala, Ca.
                     2010 New River , Wv.
                     2011 Lake Tahoe, NV.
                     2012 Spokane, Wa.

BANDANAGIRL

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • LIVE LAUGH RIDE

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 11:15:31 AM »

You've got two version to consider Don.  The N102 or the N102 N-Com.  Both the same helmet.  The N-Com version is just pre-readied for some electronics you might add in it later if you ever decide too.  Very little price difference in the helmet models themselves so it's probably not a bad idea to give yourself the flexibility.

Best price I've noticed lately is an Ebay seller doing them for a buy it now of $210.00.  Just search by Nolan N102 NCom and you'll find them.  For your bride's new bike Nolan's "black cherry" color is a pretty acceptable match to the dark red part of our bikes too.

Don

Your right its got to be fasiohable and  the black cherry I could do .

2006 Cripplecreek, Co.
                     2008 Sedona, Az.
                     2009 HoodRiver, Or.
                     2010   Pala, Ca.
                     2010 New River , Wv.
                     2011 Lake Tahoe, NV.
                     2012 Spokane, Wa.

BANDANAGIRL

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • LIVE LAUGH RIDE

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 11:17:20 AM »

Soozie,

I use the HJC SY-MAX & I'm very happy with it. But I really can't compare it to anything because I went straight from the Jet 3/4 helmet to this. I really love the flip up feature, it  makes it very easy to put on & take off. One thing I can say though is that everyone is different & the best thing to do is go somewhere with a good selection & just try them on, because every manufacturer is a little different so you really want to find one that you think feels the best.

GasRat

What did you think about the Jet ?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 11:17:54 AM by BANDANAGIRL »

2006 Cripplecreek, Co.
                     2008 Sedona, Az.
                     2009 HoodRiver, Or.
                     2010   Pala, Ca.
                     2010 New River , Wv.
                     2011 Lake Tahoe, NV.
                     2012 Spokane, Wa.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 12:15:40 PM »

Soozie...the Ultra Jet is a nice lid for a 3/4, and is what Diva and I used prior to getting the Nolans.  Diva felt claustriphobic in all the non flip face helmets, as the chin gaurd is closer to you than on the flips.  We went to one of the local BMW dealers here in town to try on the N102's prior to ordering.  She had no problem with it...I think a lot of it has to do with knowing she can open her face up whenever she wants to when we're stopped or going slow around town....it really is a two finger operation.  It really is a nice lid and she only wants to wear it now, and nothing else, not even the shorty.  I got ours from J&M, but got the headsets they install...you might find a better deal on just the lid elsewhere.  The Black Cherry color would be the one for your bike!  Find you a beemer dealer...bet they have 'em on the shelf for you to try.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

harleydiva

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 01:22:27 PM »

As of now I only wear a half helmet. I know I really would perfer wearing a full but cant stand
even trying them on. I get very costraphobic .[highlight]I believe it was harleydiva that recommended a NOLAN[/highlight]... correct me if I am wrong.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated .

Thanks Soozie [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=help.gif]

It was me Soozie.  The Nolan is great, and they have a beautiful red color.   [smiley=cherry.gif]   The Harley full face helmets were SO close to my face that I couldn't stand the claustrophobia.   :(    The Nolan is comfortable, warm, easy to get on and off.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  

FLHRSE3

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 05:05:14 PM »

Suzie

I just purchased a Nolan N42 Outlaw ¾ helmet and am quite satisfied with it.  The Outlaw series is the same helmet with subdued markings so you don’t have to look like a billboard for the manufacturer.  I read some Nolan reviews that stated that they run small and I would have to agree.  The best price I found was at the Sandhills Power Sports website.

Good luck

Gregg

CVOMOE!!

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • BC

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 07:19:03 PM »

Go with a Shoei or Arai.  Cost more to start with but worth it in the end.  Both are excellent choices.  The value you place on your head is directly related to the cost of your helmet.  I guess that is why I wear a beanie.

Just kidding about the beanie.

Cheers, Moe [smiley=banana.gif]
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Banana - Sold
Freedom Tru-duals
Power Commander
Dyno tuned
Now a 107" with Cycle Shack exhaust and Race Tuner
2007 BMW1200GS - What a hoot - Sold May 2010
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 - Sold
2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere - Sold
2014 Yamaha XT250 - Sold
2014 BMW F800GS - Sold
2014 Kawasaki KLX 351
2017 Triumph Explorer 1200
2017 Harley Ultra Classic Ltd

txbear55

• Full CVO Member
  • IBA
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 10:29:12 PM »

Ditto to CVOMOE.  I wear a Full Face Shoei....freezing to 100+ F.  No big deal after awhile...feel kinda nekkid without it.   Think how claustrophic you'll feel with your head wrapped in bandages after you've slid on your face and burned off your nose and lips....sorry, I'll get off the  [smiley=soapbox.gif]   FWIW,  I, too, own a beanie...reserve it for parade duty or around the block  [smiley=oops.gif]

Rickybobby

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 11:22:21 PM »

If you are going to switch over the Shuberth C2 flip up is a great option - especially if you are trying to get used to a full face. They are more spendy but not as claustraphobic feeling as many others. They have great viewing area and are not too bad as far as weight and balance. The Shuberth C2 is the new version.

If you want light weight with good air flow, the Arai Corsair is the best and if you have a more elongated face/head, this helmet will give you the best fit. They are very expensive but can be dialed in to fit perfectly and are extremely light weight. IMHO these are the best helmets made.

Again, in my opionion, i would not waste time on a 3/4 shell.  Go full shell or stay half shell. You gain little (safety or warmth) for the added discomfort
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 21 queries.