Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Not CVO riders, but well known good people  (Read 3435 times)

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Not CVO riders, but well known good people
« on: January 09, 2007, 11:09:45 PM »

This is going to be very long and once I figure how to post the pictures, many of us will recognize Bob & Theresa Morgan.  Bob rode a white Ultra and always had their black cocker "TJ" riding bitch with him, while Theresa rode a Road King (I think).  This was an email sent to me.  SHort verion, they were head -on'd the end of November, Bob and TJ were killed; while Theresa just did get out of ICU, but is still in the hospital.  Here's the full version:

For those of us that have gone to the Oklahoma State H.O.G.Rally or many other rallies in our nation this couple will be known to you.You may not know the names but you will recognize their faces and their dog. If you didn't meet them, know they were and are nice people who love to ride their Harley all over America. David and I have had the pleasure of meeting them in Oklahoma, Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Wisconsin and many other places.
I was sure many of you would want to know this news. Please pass this on to other bikers you know and your chapter members. Theresa could use our help now and I know there are many out there that will want to help. At the very least ride down to your local OBI and give blood in her name. Remember to take her information enclosed in the email below so they can credit her account.

Donna Hingtgen
Oklahoma State H.O.G. Rally Treasurer.

----- Original Message -----
To: hingtgen@cableone.net
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 12:14 PM
Subject: Request for Blood Donations for Theresa Morgan

The following is a request sent to friends, family & supporters of our Mom, Theresa Morgan.  Avid bikers for all of their married life, our parents, Bob & Theresa, along with their black cocker spaniel, TJ (who rode with Dad), were involved in a tragic car accident in Lane Oklahoma on November 29th.  We lost Dad that night, and TJ with him.  We have been sending emails to a growing list of supporters, keeping them updated on Mom's condition.  We hope to create a website soon, to make things easier on everyone.  Anyone interested in learning more can contact us at dewandval@aol.com.
Mom finally moved out of ICU on January 6th.  She remains at St Francis Hospital in Tulsa, now in Long Term Care.  Her injuries were pretty massive -- they were hit head-on -- and during her early days in ICU, she used over 40 units of blood products.  This request is a small way for us to be able to help her.  We are in Wyoming, & try to make sure one of us is with her most of the time.  Mom has supporters around the country, but we don't know many people in Oklahoma ourselves, to be able to accomplish this task.  We are asking for help from those that might be able to, and would want to help. ~ Val Martin & Tom Morgan

Theresa & Bob Morgan
Conesville, Iowa, September 2005

With the help of family & friends (LOTS of help), we have been able to set up an account for Mom at the Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI).  They are the agency providing all of Mom's blood products.  In the research, we found good and not-so-good.

Good:
    Donations help to offset Mom's hospital bill.  
    We have one year from the date Mom is discharged from the hospital to give her credit, so people could actually give more than once.

Not-so-good:
    Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to donate nationwide, as I was once able to do for a friend hurt in Arizona, a decade ago.  Donations must be made in Oklahoma, with one exception.  The upside of this is that we hope each of you knows somebody in Oklahoma who may be willing to help.

The basic details:
    OBI does have a program where they will give credit on blood product charges.  The exact amount is hard to say because they credit the processing fees (testing the blood etc.), not the actual usage of the product. It amounts to approximately a 20% reimbursement. It is a one for one credit, meaning a person donates one unit of blood, and Mom gets credit for one unit of blood. The down side is that they do not accept credit from outside the state of Oklahoma.  (With that one exception.)
    The main donation center for OBI is 81st and Yale, very close to the hospital.  The OBI website includes a Donation Location Map, Oklahoma Blood Institute - Digital Donor, to find a location near you.
    The one exception:  In Texas, Carter Blood Care (services Denton, Weatherford, Ft. Worth area) does have a similar program and Mom can get credit.  They have a virtual voucher that they send to OBI.  Their website, Carter BloodCare Home, lists Donor Centers .  

What is required to make a donation to Mom's account:
Whether you are giving a donation at any OBI location, or at a Carter Blood Care in Texas, tell the person taking your blood, that you want to give credit to:
Theresa Morgan
4598 Big Chief Rd
Burns WY  82053
All above information is needed to apply the credit to her account.

Friends who care back home (by home I really mean Wyoming, despite wherever Mom may think home is!):
    United Blood Services (UBS) in Cheyenne has a program that covers WY, OK and TX. But as OBI does not have an agreement with them, they cannot accept credit from UBS.
    To this, I would say, I know that somebody in our home area needs blood products, and if you wish, you can do donate with UBS, and ask them to send an acknowledgement to St Francis Hospital, in Mom's name.  That way she will know that someone thinking of her, made a donation in her name.
    Ditto for friends elsewhere:  I know there are family & friends elsewhere who are in the same position as we Wyoming folk, so please feel free to apply the whole USB story to your own location.  Somebody will benefit from your choice, & Mom will feel better to know that, even in her condition, she may have been instrumental in helping someone else.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Not CVO riders, but well known good people
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 11:12:48 PM »

Here's the rest of the story:

I plan to send this email to the Oklahoma State HOG Rally, once I get some information from them, to see if they can help us out.  Mom & Dad attended both the 2005 & 2006 Rallies, and probably others as well.  If you know of any other churches, organizations, or individuals that you might think would be interested in helping, please feel free to pass the word.  I would be more than willing to send any explanation necessary, stating why Mom is in this situation.

I can't get the pictures to post, if someone with better knowledge will pm me, I'll email them to you so you can post for me tommorrow.  Thanks.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 11:37:15 PM »

My prayers are with you.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 12:26:11 AM »

Sorry to hear about your friends.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 01:15:04 AM »

:'(  John and Debe, Jamey and I send up prayers for your friends, and hope you find the way of healing in this story.  I hate that we have lost some more of our fellow riding brethren, but I guess if they had to go, they did it together, doing what they love to do.  Jamey and I spent so much time overseas that the medical profession will not take out blood at donations, so we cannot help in the drive, but we sent your message on to some of our HOG members at three different locations. Surely someone out there knows someone in OK that might be able to give blood to help out Theresa with her fight.  

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 01:23:57 AM »

The following are the photos that John wished to be posted.  
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 03:23:22 AM by twolanerider »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 01:24:39 AM »

And the second photo John asked to be placed.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 09:25:21 AM »

Prayers to all of the families and friends...

BANDANAGIRL

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • LIVE LAUGH RIDE

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG Cherry Sold
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG Orange Sold, 2005 SEEG Teal Sold, 2005 SEEG Banana Sold
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 09:32:43 AM »

So very sorry to hear about your friends CVO members or not it's very sad !

2006 Cripplecreek, Co.
                     2008 Sedona, Az.
                     2009 HoodRiver, Or.
                     2010   Pala, Ca.
                     2010 New River , Wv.
                     2011 Lake Tahoe, NV.
                     2012 Spokane, Wa.
                     2013 Santa Fe, NM.                      2014 Carmel & M.V.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 07:38:47 PM »

Very sad story.....another fellow fallen.....My little angels will take care of him......

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 08:33:05 PM »

:'( Sorry to hear about your friends. We will be praying for the family here in Ohio.
Andy

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.